Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nieto

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Penguins are on a 3 game road trip in California. I've never seen it last a freaking week and be this spread out. Sat, Tues, Thurs? Lol they play like once or twice a week right now lol

Reactions: Andy99

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
3OTQrR.gif

We won. Kids got points. Smitty scored 2. Bunch of Negative Nancy’s in here. Onto the next! Time to go duck huntin’

kellys-heroes-oddball.gif

200w.gif

Oh we gonna hype the Nega-train till someone carry Injarry on a stretcher to another team ;)

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Going only 2/6 against that horrid sharks team on the power play is a fireable offense alone… Todd needs to be gone two years ago.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Ducks game is where things have to improve. Pens can't lose 2 of 3 here. coming back 4 and 8 suggests major changes may be needed by game 20. Dubas can't allow this team to get too far behind the 8 ball and try to come on with the older roster.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ducks game is where things have to improve. Pens can't lose 2 of 3 here. coming back 4 and 8 suggests major changes may be needed by game 20. Dubas can't allow this team to get too far behind the 8 ball and try to come on with the older roster.
Yeah, I mean we really need to be stacking a lot of wins, but we never beat LA in LA it seems…we tend to no show against them and they’re a really good team this season…no offense to last night’s stat pad but WBS could have beaten the Sharks…let’s win against some real teams consistently please lol

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I'm still laughing at the posters from the early games saying Smith wasn't "It" and was a waste of a trade. I love that Smith continues to look great
Dude, there was somebody talking about trading him like last week. It's insane.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I missed the first period but just watched the highlights. Crazy what can happen if Jake stands IN FRONT of the goalie.
Two games in a row even. Won't happen much against more physical teams with better defenses but still very nice to see.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Missed this one. Tough to take a ton away against a team that is somehow even worse than their winless record indicates. But obviously it's nice to see the Penguins win big when they should. Smith has been so good this year. What a pickup.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean if Carter is scratched enough, he's going to reconsider waiving that NMC, right?

That 3M would be nice to actually use. But even if he did they would have to find a team he'd waive for AND that would actually want him. I think they are just stuck with him. Though that should absolutely not prevent them from continuing to HS him. Better late than never... but it should have still been a thing starting a while ago.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Between my sons Madden tourney and a wedding I could not keep my eyes open. Missed Smiths 2nd goal, woke up to see Jake's celebration for his first goal, Nieto's goal, out again, then to see it was 4-1, then 7-1 and then out for the rest of the night.

SJS is trying way too hard to lose 10-1 b2b.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It’s great to see them kick the shit out of a bad team they should be beating, but it’s really hard to take much away from this game because of how comically bad the Sharks are.

With that being said, the 4th line looked great and Hinostroza is a huge upgrade to that 4th line over Carter. I didn’t understand why he was getting shit thrown at him in the preseason, he brings a lot of speed and forechecking talent plus has a decent bit of skill. He should be an everyday player for this team IMO.

I’m not expecting 2 goals a game from that 4th line, but I’m absolutely expecting Nieto-Acciari-Hinostroza to be at least a solid 4th line going forward.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm still laughing at the posters from the early games saying Smith wasn't "It" and was a waste of a trade. I love that Smith continues to look great

Smith is better than Zucker ever was for the Penguins, it's hilarious that people were fretting about replacing Zucker with Smith.

How's Zucker doing in Arizona? 2 points in 5 games and is already getting injured:

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
It’s great to see them kick the shit out of a bad team they should be beating, but it’s really hard to take much away from this game because of how comically bad the Sharks are.

With that being said, the 4th line looked great and Hinostroza is a huge upgrade to that 4th line over Carter. I didn’t understand why he was getting shit thrown at him in the preseason, he brings a lot of speed and forechecking talent plus has a decent bit of skill. He should be an everyday player for this team IMO.

I’m not expecting 2 goals a game from that 4th line, but I’m absolutely expecting Nieto-Acciari-Hinostroza to be at least a solid 4th line going forward.
You also thought Harkins was an upgrade over Hino. But yes he should be here the rest of the year. (And should have been from day 1)

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I mean if Carter is scratched enough, he's going to reconsider waiving that NMC, right?
My "cold hard fantasy fan life" wants Dubas and Sullivan to bring him into the office and say: "Jeff, we thank you for everything you've done here and you've had an amazing career...but you will never see the NHL ice again as a Penguin. You can either waive your NMC and be sent to WBS or you can let us pursue a trade route to which you may not have much of a choice but we will do our best".

Problem is, I have no idea who needs a Jeff Carter right now.

Reactions: ETA

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
My "cold hard fantasy fan life" wants Dubas and Sullivan to bring him into the office and say: "Jeff, we thank you for everything you've done here and you've had an amazing career...but you will never see the NHL ice again as a Penguin. You can either waive your NMC and be sent to WBS or you can let us pursue a trade route to which you may not have much of a choice but we will do our best".

Problem is, I have no idea who needs a Jeff Carter right now.
No team needs any player who’s more a net positive (leadership, leadership, intangibles etc lol) from the bench than on the ice lol

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Smith is better than Zucker ever was for the Penguins, it's hilarious that people were fretting about replacing Zucker with Smith.

How's Zucker doing in Arizona? 2 points in 5 games and is already getting injured:

I appreciate Zucker's motor and he was very good in his last year here but people really did kinda go overboard about how amazing he was on that line. He was just... fine. Smith actually looks like a legit weapon. His offensive instincts and hands are far better. Smith's first goal was a snipe (from distance, too) and on Malkin's two goals he made plays leading up to them that I don't think Zucker could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad