Post-Game Talk: Game # whatever | Canucks 3 - No wait! - 2 @ Leafs 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
@VanCanucks: Coach Willie Desjardins says Sutter is close to playing. Burrows returned to Vancouver for personal reasons. "It's a good thing" #Canucks
Baby? Congrats to Burrows.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
@VanCanucks: Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Higgins-McCann-Vrbata
Shinkaruk-Cracknell-Dorsett

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Hutton-Bartkowski
Personally, I'll replace Dorsett with Burtows but he's not in the practice.

Replace Cracknell with Sutter, Burrows with Dorsett. Thats the lineup I would like to see some day.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
A lot of posters said we should play the kids and live with growing pains. But when kids made mistakes, tons of poster started to say send them back to junior or AHL.
This fan base is laughable sometimes.

Imagine the possibility that this fanbase is made up of lots of different people with different opinions.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Imagine the possibility that this fanbase is made up of lots of different people with different opinions.

yup, go to some of our other fan 'forums' and you'd think this is actually a good team that is getting unlucky. this site is the darkest place in their world. rightfully so. hah

Last edited:

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Thats a Babcock coached team, the Redwings played exactly like that. Lots of interference subtle hooks, slashes that go unnoticed by the blind reffs.

I call it "infraction inundation". Hook, slash, interfere, hold and trip the opponent so much, that the referees can't conceivably call every single one. It's a Babcock signature move. It puts the heat on the officials while he laughs his way to rampant, unpunished obstruction. It's pathetic that it's 2015 and this brand of "hockey" still allowed to persist.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Does anyone think the coaches challenge is a good idea? Hey, let's take one of the most exciting moments in the game and then have people just sit down and wait to see if it is going to stand...Brilliant.

The coach's challenge is exciting when it's your team doing the challenge...

And just to be clear, it was an automatic challenge by the league in goals scored in the last 2 mins of the game that overturned Vrbata's goal.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I call it "infraction inundation". Hook, slash, interfere, hold and trip the opponent so much, that the referees can't conceivably call every single one. It's a Babcock signature move. It puts the heat on the officials while he laughs his way to rampant, unpunished obstruction. It's pathetic that it's 2015 and this brand of "hockey" still allowed to persist.

I call it the Unpunished Perry

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
yup, go to some of our other fan 'forums' and you'd think this is actually a good team that is getting unlucky. this site is the darkest place in their world. rightfully so. hah

Because they don't watch this team, game-in and game-out. :cry:

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
honestly I know the Sedin line has been are best but I'd spilt them up to try and get horvat going

Burrows-Sedin-Vrbata
Sedin-horvat-hansen
higgins-McCan-Sven
Dorsett-Sutter-Virtanen

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
honestly I know the Sedin line has been are best but I'd spilt them up to try and get horvat going

Burrows-Sedin-Vrbata
Sedin-horvat-hansen
higgins-McCan-Sven
Dorsett-Sutter-Virtanen

I think I've seen this suggested hundreds of times in the Sedins 15 years here and on the odd occasion that it's been done, I don't recall it ever being effective. They play uniquely well with each other but lose their effectiveness when apart.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
^^^^ Those were the times were Daniel was a sniper he's becoming more of past first guy each and everyday

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
^^^^ Those were the times were Daniel was a sniper he's becoming more of past first guy each and everyday

But neither is a playmaker in the conventional sense. They still rely heavily on back-and-forth puck movement that I don't think works nearly as well without each other.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Good point but if horvat keeps playing with Virtanen and sven his 5v5 ice time will continue to decrease

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Daniel has never been a sniper. He has pretty much always been a pass first guy. He's just not scoring as much now. His shooting % is really low compared to earlier years.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Daniel has never been a sniper. He has pretty much always been a pass first guy. He's just not scoring as much now. His shooting % is really low compared to earlier years.

Maybe not sniper, but he's always been the goal scorer of the two, he's nowhere near that now.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I think Henrick can be very effective by himself. He is a true playmaker. He is probably better with his brother, but Hank could be fine by himself. Daniel is probably better with Hank. It creates the space and misdirection he works best with.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I've been watching Cracknell real close the last few games, doesn't win the battles and the puck always seems to get away from him. If I'm scratching a player he's my first choice. One of the reasons I would like Gaunce developing at center instead of wing, Imagine a fourth line with Gaunce and Shink.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I've been watching Cracknell real close the last few games, doesn't win the battles and the puck always seems to get away from him. If I'm scratching a player he's my first choice. One of the reasons I would like Gaunce developing at center instead of wing, Imagine a fourth line with Gaunce and Shink.

I think they want some size and two way ability on the left side behind Baertschi and Shinkaruk if they make it.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver

After reading your first two sentences all i thought was gaunce gaunce gaunce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad