GDT: Game today at 15h (3pm) At Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I find him to be very bland today. Never noticed him before. What are is qualities? Because today, he's not showing them.

Like I said, skates well, great first pass and good IQ on all 3 zones. Seems a little shy, played much better in Montreal. But I'd say he's still could stick in the pros. I find him to be a fine 2-way in the upcoming years.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
OUr 4th line is settled. Now let the kids play during the 3rd. Give Mac some more ice time to shine.

After the cuts tomorrow night, keep him. Him and Koivu Jr are the only kids that need to stick for now.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Mac might be good opposite Radulov. They could rule the boards and the cycle in the other team's zone. He also could be good next to Desharnais.

Will Mac and Lehkonen unseat both Ghetto and Carr?

Ghetto is the only one who has to pass through waivers, so I definitely want him on the roster.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
OUr 4th line is settled. Now let the kids play during the 3rd. Give Mac some more ice time to shine.

After the cuts tomorrow night, keep him. Him and Koivu Jr are the only kids that need to stick for now.

Sergachev is going nowhere for now, he's staying. Well for 10 games to start with.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Mac might be good opposite Radulov. They could rule the boards and the cycle in the other team's zone. He also could be good next to Desharnais.

Ghetto is the only one who has to pass through waivers, so I definitely want him on the roster.

Patches-Chucky-Gally
Shaw-Plek-Radulov
Carr-DD-Ghetto **
Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Carr is going to make the team imo (hes clearly an NHL ready player), only spot that's open is Ghetto's and he's not waiver exempt. If Lehkonen wants to make this team he'll have to take Ghetto's spot.. and we'll have to trade Ghetto.
4th line is set.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

I'd keep Lehkonen, Carr, Andrighetto, Hudon, Farnham, McCarron and Terry for the 2 middle-6 spot (either 2LW and 3LW or 3LW and 3RW) and the 14th fwd spot.

Matteau can go ride buses and I guess Flynn is a lock (sadly) for the 13th fwd spot.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Patches-Chucky-Gally
Shaw-Plek-Radulov
Carr-DD-Ghetto **
Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Carr is going to make the team imo (hes clearly an NHL ready player), only spot that's open is Ghetto's and he's not waiver exempt. If Lehkonen wants to make this team he'll have to take Ghetto's spot.. and we'll have to trade Ghetto.
4th line is set.

We can keep 14 fwd and waive Matteau.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Matteau can go ride buses and I guess Flynn is a lock (sadly) for the 13th fwd spot.

It's not that Flynn is bad, it's that we have a few not bad players.. This team will gel I think.. Mc must stay though.. DD could help Nashville or Columbus maybe?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
im talking about players who can actually play, we're not gonna keep Lehkonen and just have him watch games from the press box.

But we could keep Ghetto as an extra fwd or 4th line if we can't get a fair deal for him. I'd be pretty mad if we traded him for less than a 3rd.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
For me, it's simple after this game except Montoya, Danault, Mitchell, Byron, Flynn McCarron and maybe Andropov (because he's 28) and Farnham (because he brings something else) everybody else is cut...

Sad for Hudon who did not get a fair shot but they are all heading st-Johns

And i simply don't see it in Scherback... i don't think he will make it in this league unless he strenghten up seriously....

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
But we could keep Ghetto as an extra fwd or 4th line if we can't get a fair deal for him. I'd be pretty mad if we traded him for less than a 3rd.

yea i think he has potential too, the problem is that we have too many NHL ready (young) players.. dunno what our management is gonna do with all of them.

I also think that Hudon is ready to play in the NHL but there's just no room for him, sucks for him but hes gonna have to play 1+ season in the AHL..

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Ghetto and Carr have not earned a spot yet so, yes.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's not that Flynn is bad, it's that we have a few not bad players.. This team will gel I think.. Mc must stay though.. DD could help Nashville or Columbus maybe?

My problem with Flynn is that he is the definition of a vanilla player. OK at most things, but no outstanding skill. Guys like Farnham/Byron are good 13/14 fwd because they bring an unique element to the lineup. Flynn is just ok.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
For me, it's simple after this game except Montoya, Danault, Mitchell, Byron, Flynn McCarron and maybe Andropov (because he's 28) and Farnham (because he brings something else) everybody else is cut...

And i simply don't see it in Scherback... i don't think he will make it in this league unless he strenghten up seriously....

Scherbak will probably be cut but he looked solid today.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Scherbak is weak ( He gets pushed around too easily .

Agreed, a play he had vs Chabot in front of the net sticks out for me. He also fumbles with the puck too much, i just don't think he thinks the game fast enough.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Alexandrov, not Andropov. If we're talking defencemen too, I keep Redmond, Juulsen and Sergachev too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad