• Total voters

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Screenshot_20210127-210956_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210127-211029_Instagram.jpg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The reverse retros look less weird in the full uniform, but definitely not my favorite look. Curious to see how they look on the ice.

St. Pat's look so fresh. Imagine some bizarro universe where they never changed their name...

Reactions: MattySnipes

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
I didn't like the reverse retro at first, but I have to admit it is growing on me. It looks a lot better then it does in pictures.

Went out and bought a Matthews reverse retro jersey and have had no regrets. :)

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Jerseys always look better paired with the full uniform and live in play. So that means it can go from hideous to just ugly. Or beautiful to absolutely gorgeous.

So I think the RR jersey will grow on many once seen in action. The jersey has its faults for sure (didn't stop me from buying one) but I've seen a lot worse. Logo should probably be smaller and white. I don't mind the grey at all but I get why some dislike it. I rate the jersey as slightly better than meh, maybe even good, but not great.

Reactions: Leafs1993

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
The reverse retros look less weird in the full uniform, but definitely not my favorite look. Curious to see how they look on the ice.

St. Pat's look so fresh. Imagine some bizarro universe where they never changed their name...

Yea, instead of the "Buds" it would be the "Leprechauns"

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Jerseys always look better paired with the full uniform and live in play. So that means it can go from hideous to just ugly. Or beautiful to absolutely gorgeous.

So I think the RR jersey will grow on many once seen in action. The jersey has its faults for sure (didn't stop me from buying one) but I've seen a lot worse. Logo should probably be smaller and white. I don't mind the grey at all but I get why some dislike it. I rate the jersey as slightly better than meh, maybe even good, but not great.

The numbers and logo should have definitely been the grey colour they're introducing, and probably not the Centennial Leaf. That's probably our worst and weirdest Leaf logo.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
The numbers and logo should have definitely been the grey colour they're introducing, and probably not the Centennial Leaf. That's probably our worst and weirdest Leaf logo.
They probably enjoyed the idea of using a logo that ended in 1970 with a jersey that started in 1970. Bringing 2 eras together and really putting to play the year they were assigned or chose. I get the idea the Ballard Leaf is not well viewed in the org right now and probably won't see the light of day for another 20 years. Which is another reason they likely chose the Centennial Leaf.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
They probably enjoyed the idea of using a logo that ended in 1970 with a jersey that started in 1970. Bringing 2 eras together and really putting to play the year they were assigned or chose. I get the idea the Ballard Leaf is not well viewed in the org right now and probably won't see the light of day for another 20 years. Which is another reason they likely chose the Centennial Leaf.

The Ballard Leaf is actually on the shoulders, so I think this is more poor graphic design choices than any kind of intentional statement.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I've bought a ton of Leafs jersey's over the years, and am a sucker for new ones. But, I'm not touching the reverse retro (although I also haven't bought the current St. Pats jersey the Leafs wear).

If they made one of these two things for the reverse retro, I'd be lining up to give Adidas/NHL/MLSE my money. The first, is the 2000's era St. Pats jersey we wore, but in Blue and White. Or, if they made the current Leafs jersey in St. Pats colors.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
I picked up one of those numbered LE St. Pats jerseys in the early 2000's. Remember the brown pants? Ouch.

sundin_stpats_200.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad