GDT: Game #PS6: Coyotes vs Ducks - 7:00pm (AZ) - BSSC

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Also Maccelli's shot looks better this year. That's scary.
That was his problem last year. He didn't shoot. If he keeps on shooting, and we all know how great he passes, he is going to put up a lot of pts. this year.

He played just in case Gudas or Kassian did something stupid. You don’t want your regular season guys fighting a plug in the preseason.
McBain could have filled that role last night. McBain could be a better fighter than O'Brien, and he can play hockey.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
McBain is a better fighter than OBrien. But OBrien is better cannon fodder. McBain isn’t just meat for the grinder like OBrien is.

It's so nice seeing your top five pick play like a top five pick. Hayton mean while still falls down on every shift.
His squirts coach probably gave him too much praise for popping back up so quickly. Classical conditioning. He falls so he can be praised for a quality recovery. It’s a shame really. :sarcasm:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
That was his problem last year. He didn't shoot. If he keeps on shooting, and we all know how great he passes, he is going to put up a lot of pts. this year.

McBain could have filled that role last night. McBain could be a better fighter than O'Brien, and he can play hockey.
McBain will play every game he’s healthy. He makes an actual impact. OB is going to be fed to the bigger guys.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
McBain will play every game he’s healthy. He makes an actual impact. OB is going to be fed to the bigger guys.
Exactly. McBain will have a few scraps throughout the year but I think they’d much prefer a more expendable guy like O’Brien do that stuff. He’s there for when guys want to take runs at the Cooley/Maccelli/Keller types.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Hull? I think the lockout ruined that. I could see adding Jokinen in there. He seemed to be dogging it here.

I might add Moss but none of it was his fault. Lol.
I almost added Jokinen (Wasn't there rumors that he wasn't even good in the locker room while he was here?) I don't dislike Hull the same way I do the others. I just resent the gimmicky-ness and publicity stunt feeling he and Gretzky brought to the team. (Almost listed Gretz too.)

It all gets down to ownership being shit for so long. The list grows significantly if we add ownership and management. Cause and effect.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
There’s a right way and a wrong way to get out of here. Michal Handzus and Jakob Chcyhrun both requested out and both stuck to it. Both played hard and did their best while they patiently waited. Turris was a brat and tried to sabotage the team. Like PLD did to Columbus.
Daniel Winnik.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Remember.... you said it yourself. It's preseason, Jakey :nod:
True, but I also said the last two games is when you should more or less have your roster set. Let's see what happens last game, before we start on that tough road trip to start the season.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I’m not mad at Chychrun. But I really still dislike Turris. If I saw Chychrun in the grocery store I’d be pumped. If I saw Turris, I’d give him a dirty look. Haha.

Chychrun didn't want to go through yet another rebuild.

Turris was supposed to be the rebuild.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I hope Chych is happy, and I hope we are happy with our team. I want it to be a win win.
I'd rather the Coyotes be the better team than any team he's on, don't you? Kind of necessary if we're going to win. All I'm implying is that I hope the rebuild goes that well.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'd rather the Coyotes be the better team than any team he's on, don't you? Kind of necessary if we're going to win. All I'm implying is that I hope the rebuild goes that well.
Coyote's are my home team, and I will always cheer them over any team or player. I like seeing the underdog, especially the sunbelt teams do well.

Reactions: More Cooley

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
There’s a right way and a wrong way to get out of here. Michal Handzus and Jakob Chcyhrun both requested out and both stuck to it. Both played hard and did their best while they patiently waited. Turris was a brat and tried to sabotage the team. Like PLD did to Columbus.
This one I disagree with you on. I blame Tippett for Turris. Turris was mishandled by management then was played on the 4th line with Biz. Sat many third periods. Dont blame him for wanting out. He could have handled it better yes. But he was better than the likes of no nothing vets getting way more playing time.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This one I disagree with you on. I blame Tippett for Turris. Turris was mishandled by management then was played on the 4th line with Biz. Sat many third periods. Dont blame him for wanting out. He could have handled it better yes. But he was better than the likes of no nothing vets getting way more playing time.
I wasn’t saying he shouldn’t have asked for a trade. Only that he went about it the wrong way. He intentionally sabotaged the team on the ice. Unforgivable. That’s a bad guy. Period.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
maybe.. khabibulin?
but mike smith lost me with
1) so many turnovers behind his own net
2) glaring at his defense after a goal against
sorry.
Yeah, I'm afraid Smith rubbed me the wrong way all the time...worst coyote of all time, nope, Wheeler, Turris are at the top of my list. Ribeiro was a druggie, but didn't hate the guy, felt sorry for him mostly.

Reactions: YotesFan47

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
I wasn’t saying he shouldn’t have asked for a trade. Only that he went about it the wrong way. He intentionally sabotaged the team on the ice. Unforgivable. That’s a bad guy. Period.
Fair point. But Tippet caused the whole issue

Reactions: rt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad