Game On!!! Lockout Over

homegrizown

Feb 4, 2008
pembroke pines fl
so excited. DT not spending a ton of money this offseason can realyl help when next years list of UFA's are pretty awesome. and lots of teams will be close to the cap limit. gives us an advantage. but i think signing weiss will be top priority as the year goes on.

flash-weiss-verstegg
hubby-goc-bergy
upshall-matthias-mueller
kopecky-smithson-parros

soupy-kuba
kuli-weaver
jovo-guddy

theodore
clemmer

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
so excited. DT not spending a ton of money this offseason can realyl help when next years list of UFA's are pretty awesome. and lots of teams will be close to the cap limit. gives us an advantage. but i think signing weiss will be top priority as the year goes on.

flash-weiss-verstegg
hubby-goc-bergy
upshall-matthias-mueller
kopecky-smithson-parros

soupy-kuba
kuli-weaver
jovo-guddy

theodore
clemmer

And signing Kulikov right after the CBA is officially signed is even more important.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Panger thinks he ends up in Florida, Mckenzie says it would probably be between us and the Leafs, unless Vancouver waits till the season progresses a bit to see if any other team steps up. I really dont want to go off topic, but I do think he ends up in a Panther jersey. The interesting comment they made was that Luongo has been skating in South Florida, and some of our players have gone to management and said that he looks great and they want him here.

And I think that Weiss comment is a bit premature. We will have the cap space to get him signed, and if he wants to re-sign with us, Im sure Tallon would be on board.

He lives here in the off season. He has been working out in a local gym with a trainer and he has been working very hard. He has also been at Incredible Ice for morning workouts.

The interesting part of what they said is that the players would have had to contact Management pretty early in thismorning to tell them how good he looks considering they could not have contact with management (except for that one window a few months ago).

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
He lives here in the off season. He has been working out in a local gym with a trainer and he has been working very hard. He has also been at Incredible Ice for morning workouts.

The interesting part of what they said is that the players would have had to contact Management pretty early in thismorning to tell them how good he looks considering they could not have contact with management (except for that one window a few months ago).

Good point. I don't know what to make of that comment and why'd they say that. Funny, we were drama free of these Loungo rumors for a few months and now it just immediately jumps back into it.

In the chance that Weiss does want to move on, I would think he lets Tallon know so we could get something back for him. It pains me to lose a guy for nothing. I would've taken a draft pick for Garrison's rights if we knew he wanted to go to Vancouver all along. I don't know how the Devils fans deal with it after watching their good players constantly walking for nothing.

-ghoste

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
With guys like Goc, Bergie, and Matthias possibly injured the lineup is going to be odd. I wonder if they try to sign a veteran to a one year deal since it's a shortened season. Who that is, I don't know. Sturm has been working out with them regularly so I wouldn't be shocked if he gets signed for some depth. Of course, guys like Shore, Howden, and other AHL players will have a shot. The short training camp is going ot be interesting. Once this CBA is signed we're going to see a flurry of activity.

Getting off to a winning start will be more important than ever.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
With next year's cap dropping to $64.3 million, how do we look cap wise when factoring in resigning Kulikov and Weiss?

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I hope this season Upshall becomes an asset to the team. Start out healthy, get going, might do him some real good for his game.

Panthers607

I'm guessing Huber can be brought into the team without any problem?

Great to see y'all back!!!

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
With next year's cap dropping to $64.3 million, how do we look cap wise when factoring in resigning Kulikov and Weiss?

We are currently a bit less than $24 million under for next season, with Weiss and Mueller as the main ones I would look at re-signing. Ellerby and Matthias are RFAs next offseason as well, but wouldnt be huge hits to the cap if re-signed. Theodore and Smithson are UFAs, but I dont see either coming back with our prospects waiting in the wings.

dbhislife

Jun 27, 2007
I have kind of fallen off the boards a bit during the lockout. I was still visiting daily, but I just didn't have much to contribute outside of pessimism and agrivation. But today, I say to you fine ladies and gentlemen....

HOCKEY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO CATS GO!!!!!!!!! LETS GO PANTHERS!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

homegrizown

Feb 4, 2008
pembroke pines fl
No worries, just buyout Jovo. Haha

-ghoste

i agree with this. buyout and he'll retire and prob. take a personel type job. i'd say the only other person could be upshall if he has an awful year just based on the first two years of his contract. makes a lot of money to not be on the ice or contributing

Frek

Dec 2, 2005
PSL, Florida
I'm surprised to see the headline today, I really thought this was going to next season easy.

I'm happy hockey will be back. I'm cutting the cord cable wise. Does anybody know if Center Ice blocks the Panthers, I'd be considered in the Panthers viewing area. If not I'll be stuck watching streams.

homegrizown

Feb 4, 2008
pembroke pines fl
I'm surprised to see the headline today, I really thought this was going to next season easy.

I'm happy hockey will be back. I'm cutting the cord cable wise. Does anybody know if Center Ice blocks the Panthers, I'd be considered in the Panthers viewing area. If not I'll be stuck watching streams.

i heard center ice will be free this year

Erick*

I'm excited hockey is back, but I'm actually looking forward to next year.

I'm not expecting the team to do much this year, to be honest. I see it as a transition year to an era of real consistent excitement (hopefully).

homegrizown

Feb 4, 2008
pembroke pines fl
I'm excited hockey is back, but I'm actually looking forward to next year.

I'm not expecting the team to do much this year, to be honest. I see it as a transition year to an era of real consistent excitement (hopefully).

i agree i think next year we have lots of young guys really competing for spots and we have a bunch of cap room and really good free agents as of now available this team could look really different next year and be really good.

i still hope that we play well like last year. maybe we get in and anything can happen.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I am one of those who said boycott hockey,and I meant it. I am not trying to be a tough-guy,and I def will watch it on tv, but I certainly won't be buying tickets anytime soon, and I was a season ticket holder. I am truly excited that hockey is back, but look at what they did for the last 100+ days! What about all those people who lost jobs because of these greedy a-holes? What about us fans, who have paid decent money to watch hockey? You mean to tell me that grown @$$ adults couldn't figure something out a year ago, so this sort of thing didn't happen?? The players got a nice $10k check during the lockout, well shouldn't those employees get the same privledges? They did this during holiday season for crying out loud.
Also, not for nothing but isn't it ridiculous that the NHL can put the fans through this crap and spit in our face,but as soon as they reach an agreement all the fans go flocking back? The fans are mindless sheep.. Again, I love hockey and the Panthers more than most things.. I eat,sleep, breathe Panthers but this is out of hand and the NHL/PA should be embarassed and ashamed.

I agree with you. It's not fair to the fans and more importantly it isn't fair to those that depend on the sport for their livelihood. The people that work the arenas, mascots, even the businesses surrounding the arenas. Ultimately it's our fault. This was the third lockout, and there will probably be another when this CBA ends because the NHL knows that it can do it and the fans will come running back (myself included). The dip in ticket sells will hurt a little, but there isn't a realistic way to coordinate a total boycott of arena attendance. Also, as long as you continue to watch it on TV, the NHL knows you're still interested, that you'll eventually throw money at them again.

I'm glad hockey is back. I don't agree with how we've been treated, but there's nothing that can be done. So, I'm glad hockey is back.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I couldn't have woken up to better news this morning :yo: I didn't want to believe the rumors until a final decision was made, but I'm so incredibly glad that it actually happened. I can't wait to be at the arena to see that banner being raised!

Some people I've talked to today say that the place will only be half full and people in South Florida just don't care. I disagree and think it's going to be sold out. So many fans like ourselves have been waiting for this moment for so long. Sure, everyone is mad that negotiations took so long and both side were full of greed with the process, but I can't understand the people who can turn their backs on the sport forever. Now, we're all just waiting to find out when this Opening Night will exactly be :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad