Game On!!! Lockout Over

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
finally! I havent been on here since a long time, only murking around for info on players signed with euro teams. but now! Wooooh!! We're back!!!! :D

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Whats are lineup looking like anyways? .

I feel like I've just awoken from a deep hibernation :laugh:

Not that good. Anyone know if Bergy is still awaiting consultation? Goc is out until February. If they are both out:

Flash-Weiss-Versteeg
Upshall-Huberdeau-Mueller
Kopecky-Matthias-Santorelli
Skille-Smithson-Parros
Wellman?

Kuba-Campbell
Kulikov-Weaver
Jovo-Gudbranson
Ellerby

Gudbranson will not be in top form right away either

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just going by what was on Yahoo!. I thought Santorelli was not brought back?

Kris Versteeg- Stephen Weiss- Tomas Fleischmann
Peter Mueller - Jonathan Huberdeau - Sean Bergenheim
Jack Skille- Shawn Matthias- Tomas Kopecky
George Parros- Marcel Goc - Scottie Upshall

Brian Campbell - Erik Gudbranson
Dmitry Kulikov - Mike Weaver
Filip Kuba - Ed Jovanovski

Jose Theodore
Scott Clemmensen

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Whats are lineup looking like anyways? .

I feel like I've just awoken from a deep hibernation :laugh:

My guess:

Flash - Weiss - Steeger
Huberdeau - Mueller - Upshall
Bergy - Goc - Kopecky
Matthias - Smithson - Parros
Skille Santorelli

Soupy - Kuba
Kullikov - Weaver
Jovo - Gudbranson
Ellerby

Theodore
Clemmer

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
He was cleared for contact last week, so I would assume that he plays with the Panthers.

So...when does the Luongo to Panthers rumors start up again :sarcasm:

Go watch TSN video on the web main player thing they talk about is Luongo and where he is going. Also hint that we won't be able to sign Weiss so he will be trade bait no idea why that would be.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Go watch TSN video on the web main player thing they talk about is Luongo and where he is going. Also hint that we won't be able to sign Weiss so he will be trade bait no idea why that would be.

Panger thinks he ends up in Florida, Mckenzie says it would probably be between us and the Leafs, unless Vancouver waits till the season progresses a bit to see if any other team steps up. I really dont want to go off topic, but I do think he ends up in a Panther jersey. The interesting comment they made was that Luongo has been skating in South Florida, and some of our players have gone to management and said that he looks great and they want him here.

And I think that Weiss comment is a bit premature. We will have the cap space to get him signed, and if he wants to re-sign with us, Im sure Tallon would be on board.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida

I don't get why McKenzie thinks it's so obvious we won't resign him.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
It's interesting looking at the old schedule before the lockout. Guess who the Panthers were scheduled to play on January 19th? Yes, you guessed it, the New Jersey Devils, at home. I wonder if this all ends up falling in line for that to happen after all of this? Would be amazing how that worked out.

Pantherfan12

Jun 26, 2006
Sunrise,Florida
I love all the tough-guy hockey fans on facebook saying "Who cares?!" and "boycott NHL". It's ridiculous, we're all going to watch hockey again. That's the power the NHL has over us. We want to watch hockey, and we wan't to watch it at it's highest level.

I am one of those who said boycott hockey,and I meant it. I am not trying to be a tough-guy,and I def will watch it on tv, but I certainly won't be buying tickets anytime soon, and I was a season ticket holder. I am truly excited that hockey is back, but look at what they did for the last 100+ days! What about all those people who lost jobs because of these greedy a-holes? What about us fans, who have paid decent money to watch hockey? You mean to tell me that grown @$$ adults couldn't figure something out a year ago, so this sort of thing didn't happen?? The players got a nice $10k check during the lockout, well shouldn't those employees get the same privledges? They did this during holiday season for crying out loud.
Also, not for nothing but isn't it ridiculous that the NHL can put the fans through this crap and spit in our face,but as soon as they reach an agreement all the fans go flocking back? The fans are mindless sheep.. Again, I love hockey and the Panthers more than most things.. I eat,sleep, breathe Panthers but this is out of hand and the NHL/PA should be embarassed and ashamed.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Just going by what was on Yahoo!. I thought Santorelli was not brought back?

He's signed for one more year.

No way Huberdeau goes right to center. Could they have Shore fill in for Goc for a week at least?

Well, we have no one else to play center. Plus Tallon alluded to him centering Upshall and Mueller already. I actually think he'd do better at center than on the wing right now because he still gets pushed around so much along the boards even in junior hockey. He'll get closed off every time in the NHL. He has to get a lot stronger. At center, he can just concentrate on distributing the puck. The downside is, he needs a lot of work on his defensive game too.

Shore would probably be even less effective than Huby at center. I don't think he's ready for the bigs yet.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
So...when does the Luongo to Panthers rumors start up again :sarcasm:

Oh God no.
Abandon-thread1.gif

I don't get why McKenzie thinks it's so obvious we won't resign him.
Just trying to get the teams hopes up that are on the other side of the border.

Is it bad that the lockout only ended a couple of hours ago and I am already worrying about how Jovo is going to play this season?
Heeey, Jovocrap. I missed that name. Sort of, in a sick-not-at-all-fun way.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Is it bad that the lockout only ended a couple of hours ago and I am already worrying about how Jovo is going to play this season?

I don't care how he plays again this season, as long as he plays like he did in the playoffs last year. Where did that come from?!!?

Blast from Jovo's past.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Missed you guys! Here's what I hope to see:

:yo: Jonathan Huberdeau - Peter Mueller - George Parros :yo:
Sean Bergenheim- Shawn Matthias - Jack Skille
Scott Upshall - Marcel Goc - Tomas Kopecky

Filip Kuba - Alex Petrovic (Jovonovski retires!!!)

Jose Theodore
Scott Clemmensen

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Missed you guys! Here's what I hope to see:

:yo: Jonathan Huberdeau - Peter Mueller - George Parros :yo:
Sean Bergenheim- Shawn Matthias - Jack Skille
Scott Upshall - Marcel Goc - Tomas Kopecky

Filip Kuba - Alex Petrovic (Jovonovski retires!!!)

Jose Theodore
Scott Clemmensen
Oooooo, I like that second line. And we still need to sign Kulikov. Get it done Tallon.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't, not with all our injuries.
I agree with this.

If everyone was healthy, Santo would have been on the way out IMO, but DT can just leave him without a QO next summer and he'll become a UFA, just like Wolski.

edit: Unless Santo has somehow turned his game around and impresses Dineen. I seriously doubt that thou.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad