Game On!!! Lockout Over

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I dunno why the thought of Luongo coming back kind of makes me excited.. I know Theo and Clemm did a fine job last season, as well as we have Markstrom as our future starter but there is no denying the fact that Luongo is better than both Clemm and Theo. I just think with all the new additions the SE teams have gotten, improving our goaltending is not such a bad idea.

On a side note... What about Perry/Getzlef?? I haven't heard rumors or anything but just curious because aren't they UFAs??? What are the chances Tallon goes after one or both? Are they Panther material?

I agree with the Luongo situation, I have really wanted him from the beginning but never really said anything. If it helps the team win, that's all I care about, he could be a good mentor to Markstrom, AND he actually wants to come here, what more could you ask for? He has a little bit of a hefty contract, but that doesn't mean we have to keep him for the whole length, we get his best years out of him and trade him later on.

As for Getzlaf/Perry, I think they get re-signed. Then again, Getzlaf would be an amazing addition and would love him on the team, don't know if it's realistic though. Guess we will just have to wait to see what happens.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
anyone been to bb&t recently to see if they put in a new scoreboard or if its the old one?

I was there the other day taking a tour of Club Red. Made me so mad to look up from there at our 1998 scoreboard.

Anyway, now that it's official, I can't wait for next Saturday to hopefully see us beat the Canes!

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
We gonna see a flurry of activity this week once it get ratified? I mean, teams were mostly set, but I'm sure plenty of changes are still set to happen.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I ask, Bob answers:

Bob McKenzie:

Quote:
The MOU will probably include a precise start time or specific reference when teams are free to do all business such as signing/trades.
Quote:
No one can say exactly when MOU gets signed, probably no earlier than this afternoon but it could be after that tho "today" seeems expected.
Quote:
It's my expectation some GMs are sitting on trades/signings that are done or close to done and as soon as gun goes off, there'll be activity

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Not that they carry any weight, but TSN had us as 27th on their opening season power ranking, 4th in the division ahead of Winnipeg

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
According to the Rampage announcer Mottau Did NOT go to Panthers camp but to another teams camp.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
HEY, can someone get me and Mogo tickets there. That would be epic ****. Right Mogo? :laugh:

That one day, I'm gonna get down to your place and we're gonna drink so ****ing much. :laugh:

Yeah, tickets + place tickets =)

Soup can't wait for you to come down here so we can watch a game and get wasted!!

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
According to the Rampage announcer Mottau Did NOT go to Panthers camp but to another teams camp.

Now Bob McKenzie is saying Mottau will sign with Toronto when signings are okay.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

When MOU is signed and legal to sign players, TOR will sign defenceman Mike Mottau to a contract. Also, reported earlier, Cody Franson.

-ghoste

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Saw the first week schedule got leaked Saturday at home vs Caroline than back to backs Monday in Ottawa Tuesday in Montreal Thursday back at home vs ottawa Saturday at home vs Philly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad