Pre-Game Talk: GAME ON!!!!! Game 29 3/25 7:07 PM - Time to beat the fishsticks - NESN. NHLN, SN1, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Out of curiosity.... Have the Bruins ever had a night practice before?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
For anyone going to tomorrow’s game (not me), here’s a map to get to your correct entrance:

upload_2021-3-24_22-58-27.jpeg

I could be wrong, but I’m guessing gates 1-4 are the stairwells? I must be off, because that doesn’t seem very ADA compliant - but I suppose exceptions can be made.

Also, there will be separation by east/west hemispheres - so if your favorite beers (or the really good fancy nachos) are on the other side...oops.

Like Charlie said, please be nice to the staff there. I’m sure some want to be there. I’m sure some HAVE to be there, and are there despite having some qualms.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
For anyone going to tomorrow’s game (not me), here’s a map to get to your correct entrance:

View attachment 412091

I could be wrong, but I’m guessing gates 1-4 are the stairwells? I must be off, because that doesn’t seem very ADA compliant - but I suppose exceptions can be made.

Also, there will be separation by east/west hemispheres - so if your favorite beers (or the really good fancy nachos) are on the other side...oops.

Like Charlie said, please be nice to the staff there. I’m sure some want to be there. I’m sure some HAVE to be there, and are there despite having some qualms.

i have said for the now six years I’ve been serving at the Garden, those fancy nachos are the Best Buy in the barn and it’s not close at all. Get there when it’s quiet and if you’re in good with the folks holding the tongs over that chicken...and you are in for a good night!

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
So does this mean Jake and Sean do have Covid? I know they cant say but chances of that many false-positives.

Also surprised it did not spread more.

aguineapig

I just can't get over Jarred Tinordi coming back so soon.

Don't get me wrong I'm very happy for him but I never dreamed he could come back from that hit so quickly :amazed:
A few squirts of Quaker State 30 weight and the Tin Man's good to go. Wrong Tin Man in the video, ours is all heart.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
‘It was such a jigsaw puzzle:’ Fans are back tonight, and it hasn’t been simple to adapt TD Garden - The Boston Globe

As sellouts go, the crowd of 2,191 expected at the Bruins game Thursday night will represent a new low.
But the reopening of TD Garden — even at 12 percent capacity — followed soon by Fenway Park and Gillette Stadium, represents an immeasurable lift to a Boston pro sports scene that has gone more than a year without a single fan in attendance at one of the major venues.
“This building isn’t the same without fans,” said Amy Latimer, president of TD Garden. “Us that work here know it, I think the players feel it. I think the fans can’t wait, so I’m just so excited for [Thursday], and happy to have 2,200 of our closest friends come in.”

The sanitation steps teams have taken and the protocols they are asking fans to follow are extensive, marking a new era of masked, socially distanced, and touch-free spectating.
At TD Garden, staff have walked up and down aisles and roamed through curving rows with tape measures to ensure that two- and four-seat pods are at least 6 feet apart, as mapped out by computer projections.
Those used to having the closest seats at TD Garden will endure the most changes, with the Bruins and Celtics pushing back their premium seats from the action while spacing things out at the same time.
An increase in capacity would add another layer of spatial complexity to the task. The Celtics and Bruins have drawn up separate manifests for seating plans at 25 and 50 percent. They say they can achieve true 25 percent capacity, but if 6 feet of separation remains the standard, space would run out and render a 50 percent capacity limit meaningless.

Mapping out the seating charts was just the first half of the riddle. The second half was determining who would get to sit in the seats.
The Bruins, said Thornborough, “architected it around tenureship,” meaning a limited number of tickets (two or four) to just one of the first eight games was offered first to “Legacy” season ticket holders, then “Platinum,” then “Gold”, and on down. Once that was completed, the team went down the list again, offering another chance to buy tickets for another game. On Wednesday, the club put tickets on sale for the last nine games of the season, with the same two- or four-ticket limit. A sellout of all the games at 12 percent capacity is expected.
Thanks to a slightly larger sellout capacity — 19,156 vs. 18,258 — the Celtics will welcome 2,298 fans Monday night when their home slate reopens to fans.
The difference in their approach from the Bruins is subtle.

upload_2021-3-25_9-52-27.jpeg

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Ahh well, I'm just happy to have hockey to watch tonight. The 1st will probably be ugly since they've been off for a few days, so let's hope they can pick it up in the 2nd and win. Need as many points as possible (thanks captain obvious).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad