TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part XI -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
I miss the early seasons' Tyrion. This serious, always worried Tyrion we've seen the past seasons is kind of boring compared to the happy-go-lucky Tyrion of the earlier seasons. I know he's gone through some tough times, but I'd like to see some of that original spark show through more often. These cock and balls-jokes don't do it for me.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Favorite line was Bran "waiting for an old friend". Didn't clue in until Jaime rode into Winterfall and I had the "Ohhhh" moment :laugh:

Same. I was thinking about who it could possibly be and even when they showed that hooded Guy coming in on the horse at the end, I picked up on it being Jaime almost instantly but still didn't even think about the Bran connection until they locked eyes on each other.

That was a great ending. Really curious as to how that will play out and how everyone accepts Jaime into the group. I suspect a lot of hostility toward Jaime but Tyrion will do a great job smoothing things over and will vouch for him.

I also think Bran will wind up being forgiving as well. He knows what Jamie has went through since those events and the changes he has went through to become a better person.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
I think I picked up Jaime as the "old friend" before the reveal, but I didn't realize the hooded guy was Jaime. I was like "could this be Benjen coming back?" :laugh:

I would also expect Bran to be merciful. It was that fall that started his journey to who he is now. If he's sincere about the need to have a united front against the NK, then he should easily brush that feud with Jaime aside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Name Nameless

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Bran may be merciful but don't think Dany will be. After all this is the man that betrayed and killed her uncle The Mad King. I think Jaime is doomed. His only saving grace could be Tyrion. Executing Jaime might be the last straw for Tyrion and he could turn on Dany and side with North.

(If they defeat NK i do think there'll be conflict between North and Dany. Jon has a decision to make).

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I do believe that Tyrion will betray Dany at some point.

Dany and Jon are too happy together right now (before the final scene with Sam of course). That whole waterfall thing and showing their blossoming love is just setting up for heartbreak.

I don't know how Dany is going to take the news but it won't be good. I hope it happens in episode 2.

Reactions: darko

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Their alliance isn’t going to work. Jon is going to be forced to choose between his Stark family or her.

Dany won’t set aside her crown either like he did. One might kill the other in the end.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
Bran may be merciful but don't think Dany will be. After all this is the man that betrayed and killed her uncle The Mad King. I think Jaime is doomed. His only saving grace could be Tyrion. Executing Jaime might be the last straw for Tyrion and he could turn on Dany and side with North.

(If they defeat NK i do think there'll be conflict between North and Dany. Jon has a decision to make).

I completely forgot about Jaime's history with the Targs. Dany should not be pleased to see him back. There's definitely a good chance there's some drama between Tyrion, Jaime & Dany. Should be, at the least.

I think they've been foreshadowing Tyrion's displeasure with Dany for a while now. Starting with the torching of the Lannister forces, and her ruthlessness in general.

I hope Tyrion won't do a heel turn and go full Lannister in the end.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Their alliance isn’t going to work. Jon is going to be forced to choose between his Stark family or her.

Dany won’t set aside her crown either like he did. One might kill the other in the end.

Yup. Arya telling him to not forget his family will play a role.

Of course, he is now Dany's family too :laugh:

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I didn't like the attitude towards Dany. I got the feeling she is villaniced.

I like her. And all the bosses in this universe has executed people left and right when those people has crossed them.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

For sure. Big decision coming up for Jon i reckon.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I do believe that Tyrion will betray Dany at some point.

Dany and Jon are too happy together right now (before the final scene with Sam of course). That whole waterfall thing and showing their blossoming love is just setting up for heartbreak.

I don't know how Dany is going to take the news but it won't be good. I hope it happens in episode 2.

Don't think she'll be happy relinquishing the throne to Jon. I can see her turning into a Mad Queen after they defeat NK.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I miss the early seasons' Tyrion. This serious, always worried Tyrion we've seen the past seasons is kind of boring compared to the happy-go-lucky Tyrion of the earlier seasons. I know he's gone through some tough times, but I'd like to see some of that original spark show through more often. These cock and balls-jokes don't do it for me.

A zombie army lead by dragon riding ice demons sobers up pretty well everyone. Except Cersei

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Thank god this show is back. Just a really great premiere, and while it definitely had important plot developments to move things forward, I also thought it was a hat tip to the fans as well. With only 6 episodes and a ton to cram in, it would have been understandable if we didn't get all the reunion scenes we've been angling for, but we got them, in a way that made sense.

*That opening sequence was a great callback to the series premiere with the little kid climbing the tree to see what was happening. Same score as the Lannisters coming into Winterfell and Arya smiling in the background was a great little touch.

*I mentioned the reunions, already, but thank god we got the Jon/Arya one. After Sansa's "when he sees you his heart will stop" line in S7, and Jon not noticing her in the crowd on his way into Winterfell I was worried they might just stick the knife into the fan's hearts and deprive us of one. Another great callback with the same hug. I also really, really, liked Arya siding with Sansa (more callbacks, Ned Stark prediction edition!). It'll be interesting to see how this develops going forward.

*It'll be interesting to see how Dany's plot develops. Sam being upset at what happened to his father and brother seems like some foreshadowing to Dany potentially becoming a villain in the end.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

not uncle. her father.
and it won't make any lick of difference to Dany about why he did what he did

Especially since the Varys, Tyrion and Davos conversation even said that things don't last forever. It would be a temporary solution at best, and it's hard to leave the show off in a state where it feels it would fall apart shortly after.

exactly.
I think in the next episode (or two). Jon's just going to see how "Conquer-esque" Dany is vs. Queen. she expects everyone to just accept her claim that She is Queen (because of the Last Targ), and if they don't, she just wipes them off the planet. Before it was "okay" because it was Qarth (who murdered her family/stole her dragons, so it was revenge) and she was just freeing slaves, so of course she's burning up slave masters. But now she's in a country (and a region), where her family did a lot of damage to people here. A people who want independence above anything because they are tired of the Southerner crap. A people that Jon flat out told her, that she's got to get to them them, and she's got to have them trust her. and Dany is literally walking around like "I'm your queen, deal with it....." because if you don't, look, see my dragons.....

I think she's more of a 'nicer' side of Cersei. - Cersei gives zero craps about anything but the throne. so yah she's queen, but she cares nothing about her people, or whatever. Dany is more of .... "Oh i care, but you have to do everything I say and follow my world order."

Where as Jon will do anything to save people even if others don't care.
save freefolk even though crows hate them - don't care, it's the right thing to do.
show mercy even if royalty says no - don't care it's the right thing to do
give up the north's independence if it means they'll live - don't even blink, it's the obvious thing to do.

and I feel that's what Sam was driving at it's not even the crown. it's anything. Whenever Dany is faced about giving up her power to save anything she finds a loophole to gain her power back, so she's never really sacrificing anything Jon literally lost his life because he did what was right.

really intrigued how this will end up.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
not uncle. her father.
and it won't make any lick of difference to Dany about why he did what he did

exactly.
I think in the next episode (or two). Jon's just going to see how "Conquer-esque" Dany is vs. Queen. she expects everyone to just accept her claim that She is Queen (because of the Last Targ), and if they don't, she just wipes them off the planet. Before it was "okay" because it was Qarth (who murdered her family/stole her dragons, so it was revenge) and she was just freeing slaves, so of course she's burning up slave masters. But now she's in a country (and a region), where her family did a lot of damage to people here. A people who want independence above anything because they are tired of the Southerner crap. A people that Jon flat out told her, that she's got to get to them them, and she's got to have them trust her. and Dany is literally walking around like "I'm your queen, deal with it....." because if you don't, look, see my dragons.....

I think she's more of a 'nicer' side of Cersei. - Cersei gives zero craps about anything but the throne. so yah she's queen, but she cares nothing about her people, or whatever. Dany is more of .... "Oh i care, but you have to do everything I say and follow my world order."

Where as Jon will do anything to save people even if others don't care.
save freefolk even though crows hate them - don't care, it's the right thing to do.
show mercy even if royalty says no - don't care it's the right thing to do
give up the north's independence if it means they'll live - don't even blink, it's the obvious thing to do.

and I feel that's what Sam was driving at it's not even the crown. it's anything. Whenever Dany is faced about giving up her power to save anything she finds a loophole to gain her power back, so she's never really sacrificing anything Jon literally lost his life because he did what was right.

really intrigued how this will end up.

Her father. My bad.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Regarding Jamie, I don't think he's killed by Dany next episode. His arc needs to loop back to Brienne. The driving force of his plotline has been between Cersei and her. I think we get a payoff of that before he dies. I also think Jon would question the death of one of, if not the best battle commanders in Westeros the eve before a battle for humanity.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I think I picked up Jaime as the "old friend" before the reveal, but I didn't realize the hooded guy was Jaime. I was like "could this be Benjen coming back?" :laugh:

I would also expect Bran to be merciful. It was that fall that started his journey to who he is now. If he's sincere about the need to have a united front against the NK, then he should easily brush that feud with Jaime aside.

I knew that was Jamie immediately. Now what I really want to know/see is with Hodor gone who's the sorry sap who has the job of pushing out into the courtyard and positioning him just right so he can be staring right at them.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think Jaime could be what splits of team Jon & Dany

It's possible Dany will want Jaime executed for treason, but Jon and the others stand up for him

Dany will say "I am the Queen!", and Jon will say "Any woman who must say "I am the Queen" is no true Queen"

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
They are setting up too much conflict for them to get married. Sasha and Arya wanting Jon to side with his family, and Dany seemed ready to threaten Sansa for her lack of respect before she was interrupted by the news of the dragons not eating.

Plus Varys remark how things never last.

They are more likely to kill each other at this point then marry.

I was going to mention this as well.

It was burn time for Sansa, but they were interrupted.

Interestingly, this exact same thing happened when Dany met Jon. She was ready to deal out some justice when the news of Eurons' attack was whispered in her ear.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I was going to mention this as well.

It was burn time for Sansa, but they were interrupted.

Interestingly, this exact same thing happened when Dany met Jon. She was ready to deal out some justice when the news of Eurons' attack was whispered in her ear.

I'm not so sure about that

Tyrion had told her that he likes Jon and trusts him

I didn't get the sense that she was contemplating executing him

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I'm not so sure about that

Tyrion had told her that he likes Jon and trusts him

I didn't get the sense that she was contemplating executing him

I don't think she was going to burn Sansa. That was just a little "Danyism."

She was most definitely going to throw both of them in chains or something till she was interrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad