TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part XI -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I mean.......I know we're not supposed to be okay with incest at all but like...the Targaryens did it for centuries so like...marriage is still on the table you guys.

honestly, i think that's too easy, and not Games of Throney.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
While it was a lot of reunions in one episode, I'm glad most of them are out of the way...clear the table for the rest of the series.

Also, new intro is BADASS, and if you noticed, the ice in the intro is just past Last Hearth.

I had a feeling they'd change up the intro this year, to be able to show the location of the army of the dead.

Reactions: Kurtz

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
At this point, I couldn't care less about Cersei and what's happening in King's Landing

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Varys would in a heartbeat. i think Tyrion would try to appeal to her.

I think Tyrion has jumped shipped already. His facial expressions when the Dragon was messing up the Lannister army pretty much sealed it plus the hiding in the shadows on the ship while Snow and Dany were rocking the boat.

Anyone else think that Dany wearing white while everyone else is wearing black is foreshadowing?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think Tyrion has jumped shipped already. His facial expressions when the Dragon was messing up the Lannister army pretty much sealed it plus the hiding in the shadows on the ship while Snow and Dany were rocking the boat.

Anyone else think that Dany wearing white while everyone else is wearing black is foreshadowing?
Eh. It's the same outfit she wore in episode 6 last year. I wouldn't read too much into it. I think she's just going for an aesthetic to match her hair and the snow.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Eh. It's the same outfit she wore in episode 6 last year. I wouldn't read too much into it. I think she's just going for an aesthetic to match her hair and the snow.

I hope it's more than that. I'm sure they picked a reason for the colour change on her outfit. Maybe it's coincidental but giving her state the colour contrast is quite fitting indeed. It's obvious to me that Dany has inherited the insanity gene like her brothers and might be expressing them more and more, a lineage of incest will do that to her.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
honestly, i think that's too easy, and not Games of Throney.

They are setting up too much conflict for them to get married. Sasha and Arya wanting Jon to side with his family, and Dany seemed ready to threaten Sansa for her lack of respect before she was interrupted by the news of the dragons not eating.

Plus Varys remark how things never last.

They are more likely to kill each other at this point then marry.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
So did Dany kill 101 dalmatians to make her outfit or did she cheat since winter is here and presumably killed off a lot of the dalmatian herd

She went Cruella on Sam

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
In all seriousness it's kind of off putting to me that the Stark's, the super loyal and family oriented Stark's haven't sat down and had conversations regarding what they've been through, done and new abilities they now possess. Especially the obvious ones like Arya and Bran. I'm not sure they'd get much out of Bran, but even though Arya tip toes around what she has done she's not afraid of showing her skill or knowledge around them and nobody questions her on anything.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
In all seriousness it's kind of off putting to me that the Stark's, the super loyal and family oriented Stark's haven't sat down and had conversations regarding what they've been through, done and new abilities they now possess. Especially the obvious ones like Arya and Bran. I'm not sure they'd get much out of Bran, but even though Arya tip toes around what she has done she's not afraid of showing her skill or knowledge around them and nobody questions her on anything.

I think that's just the nature of the game though. You never put all your cards on the table even to the people you think you can trust the most. They've also all been through some shit without having time to digest it internally. You can't really expect them to just open up to each other so freely after being apart after a time where a lot happened.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Bran wanted to wait to tell Jon the truth so they would conceive the prince who was promised before finding out they are aunt and nephew

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Favorite reunions so far, anyone? Arya and Sandor for me, the begrudging mutual respect was just awesome. Both would be dead if not for their journey together.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Favorite reunions so far, anyone? Arya and Sandor for me, the begrudging mutual respect was just awesome. Both would be dead if not for their journey together.
Arya and the Hound was cold , I wasn't expecting them to hug it out but even Breanne and Hound was warmer. I had higher hope for some former brilliance between the two.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Arya and the Hound was cold , I wasn't expecting them to hug it out but even Breanne and Hound was warmer. I had higher hope for some former brilliance between the two.
Im looking forward to the inevitable full reunion. As cold as Arya has become she has somewhat of a soft spot for him that she denies to herself (the scene with Jaqen for example). He protected her and fought to the brink of death to keep her protected.

They had such a weird relationship but I think her leaving the Hound, even as he was trying to antagonize her to get her to kill him, was more just her leaving it up to fate, she’s taken him off her list. Arya learned valuable survival skills from the Hound, Sandor was nursed back to health and left behind the Hound persona. One of my favorite arcs.

Reactions: KapG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad