TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part XI -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Also I know Kit Harrington isn't always hailed for his acting ability but man his scene in the crypts finding out about his parentage...I don't know how much better he could have performed that scene.

Credit to the writing there too, I wasn't expecting him to get angry at the idea of Ned being a liar.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Also I know Kit Harrington isn't always hailed for his acting ability but man his scene in the crypts finding out about his parentage...I don't know how much better he could have performed that scene.

Credit to the writing there too, I wasn't expecting him to get angry at the idea of Ned being a liar.

what i loved was when Sam first tells him, he's standing in front of Ned.
but by the end, he's in front of Lyanna. i like that, a sort of visual shifting of parenthood as you will.

heart broke for him

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

I think it was a mix of him being angry at Sam for calling Ned a liar and being angry at Ned for lying, like he wasn't sure whether what he was being told was even true or not until Sam added the backstory about Robert wanting to kill Lyanna's kid and Ned protecting him.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think it was a mix of him being angry at Sam for calling Ned a liar and being angry at Ned for lying, like he wasn't sure whether what he was being told was even true or not until Sam added the backstory about Robert wanting to kill Lyanna's kid and Ned protecting him.
Either way I thought that moment was well written and well acted.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
@Daisy Jane - regarding Bran and Rickon (from previous thread)

It was known that they were alive after that. Remember Roose Bolton sent Locke to find them after Ramsey told him that it wasn't them that were killed. I would assume Roose would have informed the Lannisters.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
They made a point of showing Drogon burn Randyll and Dickon alive in the opening

Based on what little we know of him, Dickon seemed like a good guy who had a good relationship with Sam, so I'm wondering if Sam may end up trying to kill Dany for killing his brother

Or at the very least, sabotaging her quest for the throne

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Either way I thought that moment was well written and well acted.
Definitely. I'm interested to see how Jon is even taking it in episode 2 as well, and how the rest of his family takes it when they find out.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
what i loved was when Sam first tells him, he's standing in front of Ned.
but by the end, he's in front of Lyanna. i like that, a sort of visual shifting of parenthood as you will.

heart broke for him
Same but I felt so much worse for Sam. John Bradley hasn't had a ton of outstanding scenes, but man when he started realizing what happened my heart was breaking from him. I'd say that's his scene of the series so far.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
They made a point of showing Drogon burn Randyll and Dickon alive in the opening

Based on what little we know of him, Dickon seemed like a good guy who had a good relationship with Sam, so I'm wondering if Sam may end up trying to kill Dany for killing his brother

Or at the very least, sabotaging her quest for the throne
Yea he seemed sad that his father died, but he didn't like his father and his father hated him, so he accepted it and even made a joke about being able to go home. He obviously liked his brother though, and did not take that news well at all as expected.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Definitely. I'm interested to see how Jon is even taking it in episode 2 as well, and how the rest of his family takes it when they find out.
Probably not well. This is gonna be a massive complication running through episode 2. I don't even think it will resolve itself by the time The Night King shows up.

Reactions: Rob

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

It was known that they were alive after that. Remember Roose Bolton sent Locke to find them after Ramsey told him that it wasn't them that were killed. I would assume Roose would have informed the Lannisters.

oohh that's right. hmmm.
maybe that look was "yah i didn't expect to see you right yet." hahaha

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Why would he tell them if they hadn't been found?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
That episode was better than I expected at least. Nonsensical compared to the early seasons, but better than most of what we saw in the last season. I'll take it.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Same but I felt so much worse for Sam. John Bradley hasn't had a ton of outstanding scenes, but man when he started realizing what happened my heart was breaking from him. I'd say that's his scene of the series so far.

that made me cry.
Sam, (my precious bean, do not kill him show),I think always loved his father, regardless of the fact his father had no love for him. He started to cry when he realised he was gone. as well as the fact his brother who was awesomely ....awesome. was murdered for doing what he thought was right and standing by his father. (in a sense - what Ned would always do for Robert, and what Sam would always do for John. standing up for what they believe in and whom they believed in). and Dany had no problems just "dracrys-ing" them. even in the delivery.

like i have to re-watch it. but it basically just read
"Randall Tarly? oh yah I gave him a chance to serve me, he said no, and I killed him. Oh your brother? He stood with your father." then *stare*

like Dany was wrong then (and wrong how she delivered it). my poor baby.

Reactions: HanSolo

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Why would he tell them if they hadn't been found?

this is true. Roose knew.... but..... did Roose tell them (if there was nothing to find?). then they found Rickon. but they still thought Bran was dead.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Maybe he didn't, we don't know for sure. But it's possible that Jamie would know, the Lannisters had plenty of spies. I guess we'll find out for sure next week.
Lannister spies would be useless on a character north of the wall.

Besides the Boltons didn't advertise the living status of the Starks to the North.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Sam:

"Your mother was Lyanna Stark. And your father, your real father, was Rhaegar Targaryen. You’ve never been a bastard. You’re Aegon Targaryen, true heir to the Iron Throne. "

Also Sam:

"So I really hope you and Daenerys haven't done anything regrettable yet"

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Sam:

"Your mother was Lyanna Stark. And your father, your real father, was Rhaegar Targaryen. You’ve never been a bastard. You’re Aegon Targaryen, true heir to the Iron Throne. "

Also Sam:

"So I really hope you and Daenerys haven't done anything regrettable yet"

Reactions: Rob

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean.......I know we're not supposed to be okay with incest at all but like...the Targaryens did it for centuries so like...marriage is still on the table you guys.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I mean.......I know we're not supposed to be okay with incest at all but like...the Targaryens did it for centuries so like...marriage is still on the table you guys.
Davos was already pushing for this in the episode as well when he was talking to Tyrion and Varys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad