TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part XII | (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Headline is more dramatic than the actual article. Classic click bait. They have hired 4 writers/teams to pitch 4 separate ideas for a possible series. Doesn't mean they will actually move forward with all 4.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Headline is more dramatic than the actual article. Classic click bait. They have hired 4 writers/teams to pitch 4 separate ideas for a possible series. Doesn't mean they will actually move forward with all 4.

The title doesn't say they are moving forward with with all 4 though? Title says exactly what is happening..

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The title doesn't say they are moving forward with with all 4 though? Title says exactly what is happening..

Usually when I read something is being developed, they have already committed to airing episodes.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I imagine they'll cover Roberts Rebellion and Aegon's Conquest.

They really need to fix Valeryia though. The whole Valeryia being a ruined South American esque ruined city really really pisses me off.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I imagine they'll cover Roberts Rebellion and Aegon's Conquest.

They really need to fix Valeryia though. The whole Valeryia being a ruined South American esque ruined city really really pisses me off.

I always pictured it as Roman, since it's obvious that is what Valyria's influence and current legacy is supposed to be based off of.

Last edited:

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
As much as I would love to see it I dont know if Roberts Rebellion is a great idea since it has so many of the same characters as season 1 and will obviously be replaced by new actors

Aegons conquest would be awesome

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I'd love to see the Mance Rayder story

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
4 potential spin-offs is ridiculous and unnecessary, sorry. Whether they're being pitched or not is semantics as I'm sure GoT is a series HBO is banking on for the foreseeable future.

I could see them doing an AMC. Run one spin off in the traditional GoT window once S8 wraps and run the other in the fall. Then have another two ready to go 5 years or so down the line.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
As much as I would love to see it I dont know if Roberts Rebellion is a great idea since it has so many of the same characters as season 1 and will obviously be replaced by new actors

Aegons conquest would be awesome

I can't say here, but the look of the city is not what I'm miffed about.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

Agreed, they're throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. Also only 2 of them are working with GRRM to develop stories.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
I have to imagine that the two that GRRM is working on:

A. have the inside track

and

B. are adaptations of existing properties... Dunk & Egg and Dance of Dragons.

I like the Dunk & Egg stories. That's probably only one season worth of material I would think though.

Dunk & Egg is pretty build to suit... since it's more episodic and less serialized, a writer could do pretty much anything from week to week and follow the tried and true Buffy "Big Bad" formula.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Agreed, they're throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. Also only 2 of them are working with GRRM to develop stories.

Would you rather there be more competition to make the best product or just 1 and just use that one regardless if it was very good or not?

This is great.

All 4 aren't going to get green lit. I'd be shocked if it was more than 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad