GDT: | Game LXXI | Pens vs Rangers |1900hrs EST | Playoff Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
E-Rod on the wing in the top-6 makes me wanna claw my f***ing eyes out. Just move Blueger up to the top-9 somewhere and give E-Rod 4C.

We know Erod playing 3rd wheel doesn't "damage" the lines he's on. I would say he doesn't elevate it either.
So he's a bit of a neutral placeholder guy.

And we haven't seen Erod a ton with Geno so that's something I'm curious about but not necessarily chomping at the bit.

Sid/Jake/Rakell
Erod/Geno/Rust

Or you could really see if Kap takes off with Sid at RW. Then move Rakell with Geno/Rust

It won't happen but damn it makes you wonder if it wouldn't work...

I truly believe the pieces of the puzzle are here to make it work. Sully has to just arrange them correctly

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
It pains me to have Erod in the top 6, but no Zucker and the Carter move to L2 RW isn't working...

Guentzel Crosby Erod
Rakell Malkin Rust
Heinen Carter Kapanen
Boyle Blueger Hallander/Zohorna

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
I wonder if the Malkin/Kapanen combo is over.....

If not....

Guentzel Crosby Rust
Rakell Malkin Kapanen
Heinen Carter Erod

Reactions: Trade

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
We know Erod playing 3rd wheel doesn't "damage" the lines he's on. I would say he doesn't elevate it either.
So he's a bit of a neutral placeholder guy.

And we haven't seen Erod a ton with Geno so that's something I'm curious about but not necessarily chomping at the bit.

Sid/Jake/Rakell
Erod/Geno/Rust

Or you could really see if Kap takes off with Sid at RW. Then move Rakell with Geno/Rust

It won't happen but damn it makes you wonder if it wouldn't work...

I truly believe the pieces of the puzzle are here to make it work. Sully has to just arrange them correctly
I don't know, man. E-Rod at wing is trash, and Kap anywhere other than the third line (and even then...) is garbage.

It ain't great. Either run GCR into the ground and hope they show up for the first time in years come playoff time, or run with two watered down lines with Sid with Jake plus one, and Geno with Rust plus one. Neither is very inspiring.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
It pains me to have Erod in the top 6, but no Zucker and the Carter move to L2 RW isn't working...

Guentzel Crosby Erod
Rakell Malkin Rust
Heinen Carter Kapanen

Carter must never be on L2 again; ERod on L1 is a bad joke, but it's the better option of the two that we are apparently limited to.

"Think outside the box? What does that even mean?", asked Sully.

Reactions: Andy99

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
it’s a shame Sully refuses to try DOC or Zohorna with Geno. Zohorna had the primary assist on Rakell’s first goal as a Pen, and hasn’t seen the ice with him again. Why not try Jake-Sid-Rak?

Why are we insistent on dressing Heinen if Sully clearly dislikes him? Would some youthful energy/legs really be that awful, especially since it looks like we can’t keep our foots on the gas for more than 40 minutes a game?

Here’s hoping our fourth line plays more than 5 minutes tonight! And people wonder why we look so gassed all the time.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

8J1wz1s.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

LGP!

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I think they win this tonight… the Rags goalie wonder has been slowly breaking down… his save percentage has been bad in games outside of ours lately… I think after the stretch the pens just had they rebound here

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think they win this tonight… the Rags goalie wonder has been slowly breaking down… his save percentage has been bad in games outside of ours lately… I think after the stretch the pens just had they rebound here

yes, why is it that the Rangers don’t play as well, including their goalie, against every other team but the Pens? Methinks they have the Pens number…

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Hard for Rakell to be that shooter he is when the center he’s playing with has 2! primary assist all season 5 on 5.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Good we get to watch the Pirates and Penguins stinkfest ....all though the Pens would do butt whooping to bad teams.. No match for these good playoff teams because of awful defense.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Hallander an emergency recall, which means the Penguins were unsure if they'd have 12 healthy forwards tonight.

McGinn is on LTIR, so he doesn't count.
Zucker is out.
Zohorna didn't take the morning skate, which is odd for a potential healthy scratch. Maybe he's out.

But Pens would still have 12 forwards. Blueger, Angello and Heinen took the morning skate. So maybe one of the other nine is out.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Hallander will be making his NHL debut tonight

A couple pens may be out due to non-covid illness

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
For those season ticket holders complaining about Geno’s 5 on 5 points, the rest of the team except Guentzel pretty much stinks too…that’s why we’re 26th in finishing…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad