Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
51tmqc.gif

vs

power-rangers-red-ranger.gif

Pittsburgh Penguins (41-20-10, third in the Metropolitan)

vs.

New York Rangers (45-20-6, second in the Metropolitan)

New York; Thursday, 7 p.m. EDT

BOTTOM LINE:
Artemi Panarin and New York square off against Pittsburgh. Panarin currently ranks 10th in the league with 84 points, scoring 19 goals and totaling 65 assists.

The Rangers are 29-9-2 in conference play.

The Penguins are 12-6-2 against opponents from the Metropolitan.

In their last meeting on March 29, New York won 3-2.

TOP PERFORMERS:
Panarin leads the Rangers with 65 assists and has 84 points this season. Kreider has seven goals and five assists over the last 10 games for New York.

Sidney Crosby has 72 total points while scoring 26 goals and totaling 46 assists for the Penguins. Evgeni Malkin has seven goals and five assists over the last 10 games for Pittsburgh.

LAST 10 GAMES:
Rangers: 7-2-1, averaging 3.2 goals, 5.5 assists, 3.3 penalties and 7.4 penalty minutes while giving up 2.6 goals per game with an .899 save percentage.

Penguins: 5-4-1, averaging 3.8 goals, 6.6 assists, 2.8 penalties and 5.8 penalty minutes while allowing 2.8 goals per game with a .907 save percentage.

Pens1.jpg

Pens2.jpg

Pens3.jpg

Pens4.jpg

Reactions: DisIsMyLife

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Wasn't everyone really high on Rakell like a week ago? Now he's scraps because Geno doesn't have Jake or Rust? :laugh:

For the record, I'd put Rust with Geno, but I don't think it really matters much.

To me it does, bc it pushes Carter down to L3 where he belongs

Jake/Sid/XXX
XX/Geno/Rust
XX/Carter/Kap

That's your foundation for a BALANCED lineup

But CGR will score once and give up 2 so Sully will think he's a mastermind or some shit

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
To me it does, bc it pushes Carter down to L3 where he belongs

Jake/Sid/XXX
XX/Geno/Rust
XX/Carter/Kap

That's your foundation for a BALANCED lineup

But CGR will score once and give up 2 so Sully will think he's a mastermind or some shit
You can't have a balanced lineup missing two top-6 wingers. :laugh:

This team's got too many holes at forward to make a truly balanced lineup. I would rather they try to get two functioning lines by going Sid-Jake and Geno-Rust, but I can't really give a f*** whether they do that or go with the GCR default.

I'd go with
Jake-Sid-Rakell
Whoever-Geno-Rust
Blueger-Carter-Kap
E-Rod centering whoever on the 4th line

About as good as we're gonna get, probably.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Wasn't everyone really high on Rakell like a week ago? Now he's scraps because Geno doesn't have Jake or Rust? :laugh:

For the record, I'd put Rust with Geno, but I don't think it really matters much.
I don't know what 'really high' means, but Rakell is a top 6 third wheel. Which is exactly how he COULD be used across from Jake or Rust...but alas he will be across from 37 year old Carter or E-Rod.

It's pretty sad when I am longing for Zucker back so that Geno can at least have 2 top 6 third wheels.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't know what 'really high' means, but Rakell is a top 6 third wheel. Which is exactly how he COULD be used across from Jake or Rust...but alas he will be across from 37 year old Carter or E-Rod.

It's pretty sad when I am longing for Zucker back so that Geno can at least have 2 top 6 third wheels.
That's the reality of paying two ~35 year old centers a combined $19 million though. You don't have the cash to surround both of them with legit talent, certainly not good enough talent to help them out as they age. It was a strategy that sorta worked when they were in their prime, but they're needing more and more help as time marches on.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That's the reality of paying two ~35 year old centers a combined $19 million though. You don't have the cash to surround both of them with legit talent, certainly not good enough talent to help them out as they age. It was a strategy that sorta worked when they were in their prime, but they're needing more and more help as time marches on.
Not really. Guentzel and Rust are legitimate scoring line wingers and Rakell and Zucker are good/adequate 3rd wheels. They don't need to surround both of them with point per game wingers. Guentzel/Rakell and Zucker/Rust would be fine top 6 winger combos.

Reactions: RSPens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So they were faking us all out on Zucker? He’s probably done for the season but they’re not going to let anyone know and pretend he’s fine lol…

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Come on Sullivan, this is easy:

Jake-Sid-Rust
Heinen-Malkin-Rakell
ERod-Carter-Kapanen
Boyle-Bleuger-Hallander

Dumo-Letang
Matheson-Marino
Freidman-Rudwedel

Jarry

This is easy.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Not really. Guentzel and Rust are legitimate scoring line wingers and Rakell and Zucker are good/adequate 3rd wheels. They don't need to surround both of them with point per game wingers. Guentzel/Rakell and Zucker/Rust would be fine top 6 winger combos.
I just don't even care enough to worry about it anymore. Either we run GCR into the ground for the 4th year in a row, or we run with two watered down scoring lines.

Fwiw, I agree. I'd like to see Rust with Geno, but I don't think it really matters.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Come on Sullivan, this is easy:

Jake-Sid-Rust
Heinen-Malkin-Rakell
ERod-Carter-Kapanen
Boyle-Bleuger-Hallander

Dumo-Letang
Matheson-Marino
Freidman-Rudwedel

Jarry

This is easy.
Sully just told the press they don’t think Heinen has been good enough defensively so they’re not putting him up there…why not try:
Jake-Sid-Rakell
Erod-G-Rust
Heinen-Carter-Kap
Boyle-Blue-Hallander

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I just don't even care enough to worry about it anymore. Either we run GCR into the ground for the 4th year in a row, or we run with two watered down scoring lines.

Fwiw, I agree. I'd like to see Rust with Geno, but I don't think it really matters.
We've talked ourselves in circles and we've debated the bejesus out of it. We have who have. They are who they are.

Bottom line, support players need to get hot. Jarry needs to get and stay hot. Malkin, Sid, and Letang need to find an extra gear for the playoffs.

Debating on who Hexy COULD have brought it or what it will cost or...whatever...all noise. Just enjoy the remaining game and remaining time with the window "open". If your red line is "the cup" on success vs no-success, you're already wrong.

Reactions: Still Apps

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sully just told the press they don’t think Heinen has been good enough defensively so they’re not putting him up there…why not try:
Jake-Sid-Rakell
Erod-G-Rust
Heinen-Carter-Kap
Boyle-Blue-Hallander
Wow. True...TRUE...accountability. Glad the lazy slag players like Heinen are finally getting what's coming to them. This will improve the team.

Reactions: Andy99

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
So they were faking us all out on Zucker? He’s probably done for the season but they’re not going to let anyone know and pretend he’s fine lol…
Yes he was skating in a contact jersey but he’s out for the season…

Reactions: Andy99

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Zucker dipped in holy water may be in the line up tonight. He should be L2 and that line has to work or the Pens are done in 5. Well just saw he is out and Hallander is up. Hard to have my hopes in a near healthy Zucker for Pens to win. So.......it's come to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille