GDT: | Game #LXVI | Pens vs Rangers | Game 66? Win it for Super Mario!

Best player of all time?

• Bobby Orr

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Gordie Howe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wayne Gretzky

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • Maurice Richard

• Jean Beliveau

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Alex (LOL) Ovechkin

• Claude (with Giroux adjusted points) Giroux

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Evgeni (if you subtract the top 100 in front of him) Malkin

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Sidney (secondary assists matter) Crosby

• Connor (Stanley Cups dont count, only personal awards do) McDavid

• Mario Lemieux

Votes: 58 61.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I know the options are a bit limited right now with both Zucker and McGinn out, but it's kind of annoying that E-Rod still manages to stick around the top six even after Hextall adds a top six winger at the deadline.

E-Rod's slow processing of the game drives me bonkers.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
This team has already tortured Malkin for years with Zucker. There's no reason to rope poor Sid into that whole mess.

IS Zucker an appreciably better player than ERod? REALLY? Especially coming off of core surgery?

I can already practically hear some people angrily rushing to their keyboards but c'mon.

Ohhhh the years of torture of what........60 games?

Zucker looked much better than 80% of our team in the playoffs last year and was looking pretty solid this year as well. Ill take Zucker with his hernia hanging out instead of Erod in the top 6 .:laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I know the options are a bit limited right now with both Zucker and McGinn out, but it's kind of annoying that E-Rod still manages to stick around the top six even after Hextall adds a top six winger at the deadline.

E-Rod's slow processing of the game drives me bonkers.
I'm not sure who else would work better there atm.

ERod's got 2 points in his last 3 games. He's treading water, which is good enough for now.

I'm just relishing Rust's time with Malkin because I know it's short-lived.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
So they could potentially play the rangers 10 times over like 6 weeks? Also, does anyone know how long it will take for the game to come onto ESPN+?

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012

ERod's got 2 points in his last 3 games. He's treading water, which is good enough for now.

I dont hate it and hope its just a placeholder because we are just asking to get burned keeping him anywhere in the top 6.

Guys a good swiss army knife for some games and can hold his own but not be a permanent fixture. Dont get me wrong, with a team like ours and our injuries its nice having a player like EROD but he needs to play where he belongs.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Ohhhh the years of torture of what........60 games?

Zucker looked much better than 80% of our team in the playoffs last year and was looking pretty solid this year as well. Ill take Zucker with his hernia hanging out instead of Erod in the top 6 .:laugh:
If that's Zucker looking solid, I don't wanna see him when he's playing bad.

16 goal, 34 point pace for 5.5 mil per. Nope, not interested.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Yeah it’s kind of weird we all complained about GCR. @Sidney the Kidney excluded and now people are mad that GCR is broken up.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I dont hate it and hope its just a placeholder because we are just asking to get burned keeping him anywhere in the top 6.

Guys a good swiss army knife for some games and can hold his own but not be a permanent fixture. Dont get me wrong, with a team like ours and our injuries its nice having a player like EROD but he needs to play where he belongs.
It's not ideal. But with Zucker and Kap floundering in top 6 roles, we're kind of forced into it.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
If that's Zucker looking solid, I don't wanna see him when he's playing bad.

16 goal, 34 point pace for 5.5 mil per. Nope, not interested.

Also with one of the worst shooting % runs of his career. Ill take the talent and the player that can make things happen over EROD and his curl and drag all day.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah it’s kind of weird we all complained about GCR. @Sidney the Kidney excluded and now people are mad that GCR is broken up.
Yup. But I'm happy about it.

Crosby's had the choice cuts all year long, it's not gonna kill him to have ERod on his line for awhile. And that line's fancy stats are pretty damn good, so I'm not seeing the problem:

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I'm not sure what Zucker makes happen. It's not goals or assists.
He's an energy guy and brings alot more to the table than Erod. His game is better simply put. If you dont see that I am not sure what to say. Yes he didnt live up to expectations that many here were begging for when 90% of the board wanted him here ( I was not one of them) but he's had some pretty bad puck luck and unfortunate injuries to himself and line-mates which hurt any type of consistency or chemistry.

Don't get me wrong he needs to be better but he's a much better hockey player than Erod

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'm not sure what Zucker makes happen. It's not goals or assists.

He’s at .25 GPG and .51 PPG in his time here. 21 goal pace and 42 point pace over 82 games. That’s not nothing.

And his most common center over that time period is not Malkin or Sid at 5v5. He’s actually played more minutes with Eric Staal at 5v5 over the last three seasons than with Sid or Geno lol.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Since Zucker-ERod-Kap was a good combination stat-wise as well, another possible top nine for the POs if people want to reunite GCR would be…
GCR
Rakell-G-Carter
Zucker-ERod-Kap

but I dont think Sullivan is inclind to play ERod anymore at center, his best position

Reactions: Ignatius

dingo71

Apr 27, 2021
So they could potentially play the rangers 10 times over like 6 weeks? Also, does anyone know how long it will take for the game to come onto ESPN+?
The Boston Montreal game Monday was on NHL Network and I don’t see it on ESPN+, so it may not.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He’s at .25 GPG and .51 PPG in his time here. 21 goal pace and 42 point pace over 82 games. That’s not nothing.

And his most common center over that time period is not Malkin or Sid at 5v5. He’s actually played more minutes with Eric Staal at 5v5 over the last three seasons than with Sid or Geno lol.
He also makes 5.5 mil per, and he's been injured so often that he's missed 52 games and counting over the last 2 years.

And he's coming off core surgery.

I'm not expecting much going forward. Zucker should be in the bottom 6 until he shows he's capable of moving up the line-up, and he should be shown the door for a better use of cap space this summer unless he turns this around big time in his remaining games this season.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
He also makes 5.5 mil per, and he's been injured so often that he's missed 52 games and counting over the last 2 years.

And he's coming off core surgery.

I'm not expecting much going forward. Zucker should be in the bottom 6 until he shows he's capable of moving up the line-up, and he should be shown the door for a better use of cap space this summer unless he turns this around big time in his remaining games this season.

What does any of this have to do with what I quoted?

You said you are not sure what Zucker makes happen. He’s produced at a 20 goal and 20 assist rate with no consistent center through injuries as you said.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He's an energy guy and brings alot more to the table than Erod. His game is better simply put. If you dont see that I am not sure what to say. Yes he didnt live up to expectations that many here were begging for when 90% of the board wanted him here ( I was not one of them) but he's had some pretty bad puck luck and unfortunate injuries to himself and line-mates which hurt any type of consistency or chemistry.

Don't get me wrong he needs to be better but he's a much better hockey player than Erod
All told, ERod's been better this year than Zucker's been the last 2 years.

That's less me pumping Rodrigues tires and more putting Zucker's "accomplishments" in context.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I honestly find it hard to get a good read on Zucker, other than that he typically looks bad with Malkin. I've liked him elsewhere in the lineup, but he hasn't stuck anywhere long enough to draw any meaningful conclusions, especially considering his injury troubles. I think he could work with Crosby, but good luck getting Sullivan to take Guentzel off that line.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I'd probably prefer even a guy like Heinen. Give me a guy who thinks the game well over a guy who skates fast but sees the game process in slow motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad