GDT: | Game #LXVI | Pens vs Rangers | Game 66? Win it for Super Mario!

Best player of all time?

• Bobby Orr

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Gordie Howe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wayne Gretzky

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • Maurice Richard

• Jean Beliveau

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Alex (LOL) Ovechkin

• Claude (with Giroux adjusted points) Giroux

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Evgeni (if you subtract the top 100 in front of him) Malkin

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Sidney (secondary assists matter) Crosby

• Connor (Stanley Cups dont count, only personal awards do) McDavid

• Mario Lemieux

Votes: 58 61.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Lemieux-Goal-Optimized03.gif

vs

AWgu.gif

Pittsburgh Penguins (39-16-10, second in the Metropolitan)
vs.
New York Rangers (40-19-5, third in the Metropolitan)

New York; Friday, 7 p.m. EDT

BOTTOM LINE:
Metropolitan foes New York and Pittsburgh will play.

The Rangers are 24-8-1 against Eastern Conference opponents.

The Penguins are 12-4-2 in division games.

Pittsburgh defeated New York 1-0 in the last meeting between these teams on Feb. 26.

TOP PERFORMERS:
Chris Kreider leads the Rangers with 42 goals and has 58 points. Artemi Panarin has 13 assists over the last 10 games for New York.

Jake Guentzel leads the Penguins with 31 goals and has 64 points. Crosby has seven goals over the last 10 games for Pittsburgh.

LAST 10 GAMES:
Rangers: 6-4-0, averaging 3.1 goals, 5.6 assists, 3.6 penalties and 8.1 penalty minutes while giving up three goals per game with a .909 save percentage.

Penguins: 6-2-2, averaging 3.4 goals, 5.6 assists, 3.4 penalties and 8.4 penalty minutes while allowing 2.2 goals per game with a .928 save percentage.

200.gif

pens1.jpg

pens2.jpg

pens3.jpg

63ddd7f601b6c9961e83fc5f45bd67f5.gif

pens4.jpg

pens5.jpg

pens6.jpg

giphy.gif

Per usual, stats from TSN.com, ESPN.com, NHL.com and are most likely inaccurate

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Rangers got an extra day of rest for this game…not fair…another close game I think and I’m predicting the Rags pull out the win…I hope Rackell gets more experimentation and is tried on Geno’s LW…I, again, will be missing the first half of this game

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
i voted for lemieux first but i see he's safely no. 1 so i changed my vote to orr. he's deffently no. 2 but it didn't seem to be getting any love.:teach2:

Reactions: madinsomniac

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yes on Rakell on L2 as LW! Good job Sully

it looks like Zucker might be ready next week to play after a couple contact practices…and what’s wrong with trying a top six of:

Zucker-Sid-Jake
Rakell-G-Rust

if that works, we have the best top six we can put together and I think the bottom six will fall nicely into place

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yes on Rakell on L2 as LW! Good job Sully

it looks like Zucker might be ready next week to play after a couple contact practices…and what’s wrong with trying a top six of:

Zucker-Sid-Jake
Rakell-G-Rust

if that works, we have the best top six we can put together and I think the bottom six will fall nicely into place
I've got some bad news for you:

1. Guentzel isn't being moved to RW to accommodate Zucker
2. If Rakell works out, I imagine Rust will be moved back to Crosby's RW judging from Sullivan's usual m.o.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I've got some bad news for you:

1. Guentzel isn't being moved to RW to accommodate Zucker
2. If Rakell works out, I imagine Rust will be moved back to Crosby's RW judging from Sullivan's usual m.o.

i think Sullivan at this point is hoping ERod still works on L1 lol…also, weve seen Jake make that transition before and he’s a lot better than Zucker was there…I do think that would work

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
This team has already tortured Malkin for years with Zucker. There's no reason to rope poor Sid into that whole mess.

IS Zucker an appreciably better player than ERod? REALLY? Especially coming off of core surgery?

I can already practically hear some people angrily rushing to their keyboards but c'mon.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
i think Sullivan at this point is hoping ERod still works on L1 lol…also, weve seen Jake make that transition before and he’s a lot better than Zucker was there…I do think that would work
There just aren't a lot of great options at 1RW if Rust is with Malkin.

We should all pray that ERod finds a way to make it work so Rust isn't yanked from Malkin again. Zucker's likely headed back to Malkin's line whether we like it or not.

Reactions: Peat and Andy99

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
This team has already tortured Malkin for years with Zucker. There's no reason to rope poor Sid into that whole mess.

IS Zucker an appreciably better player than ERod? REALLY? Especially coming off of core surgery?

I can already practically hear some people angrily rushing to their keyboards but c'mon.
Zucker just needs to gtfo. Bottom 6 until he shows he has the brains for more, then catapult him in the summer.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Zucker just needs to gtfo. Bottom 6 until he shows he has the brains for more, then catapult him in the summer.

It only makes good sense to work him through the bottom six. Not just because you hope he can find some usefulness there and perhaps even play a Satan-esque role in a run but simply just to ease him in slow coming off of a pretty major surgery.

But who would be shocked to see him vaulted straight up to L2 first game back at this point? Because his usage is bizarre.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It only makes good sense to work him through the bottom six. Not just because you hope he can find some usefulness there and perhaps even play a Satan-esque role in a run but simply just to ease him in slow coming off of a pretty major surgery.

But who would be shocked to see him vaulted straight up to L2 first game back at this point? Because his usage is bizarre.
Nobody. It's his default role here no matter how spectacularly he fails with Malkin.

The unfortunate thing is he might actually be useful in our bottom 6.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Wonder if Heinen is actually the placeholder for Zucker. I figured Rust would go to L1 and Rakell L2 RW. Maybe not, if sully insists on Rakell as a LW though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad