GDT: | Game #LXVI | Pens vs Rangers | Game 66? Win it for Super Mario!

Best player of all time?

• Bobby Orr

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Gordie Howe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wayne Gretzky

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • Maurice Richard

• Jean Beliveau

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Alex (LOL) Ovechkin

• Claude (with Giroux adjusted points) Giroux

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Evgeni (if you subtract the top 100 in front of him) Malkin

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Sidney (secondary assists matter) Crosby

• Connor (Stanley Cups dont count, only personal awards do) McDavid

• Mario Lemieux

Votes: 58 61.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Wonder if Heinen is actually the placeholder for Zucker. I figured Rust would go to L1 and Rakell L2 RW. Maybe not, if sully insists on Rakell as a LW though.

Here's to hoping.

I think it's pretty smart of Sullivan to play Rakell on his preferred wing. Though if ERod tanks I would absolutely look to try him there, instead.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Eventually, I'd like to see:

Guentzel - Crosby - Zucker
Rakell - Malkin - Rust

I don't give a damn what Minnesota fans think they know about where Zucker is best fit. I want to see it with my own eyes. He brings a very Kunitz-like element to that line and IMO would be the perfect 3rd wheel if he can manage RW.

Given Sullivan, though, I hope we at least see:

Guentzel - Crosby - Rakell
Zucker - Malkin - Rust

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Eventually, I'd like to see:

Guentzel - Crosby - Zucker
Rakell - Malkin - Rust

I don't give a damn what Minnesota fans think they know about where Zucker is best fit. I want to see it with my own eyes. He brings a very Kunitz-like element to that line and IMO would be the perfect 3rd wheel if he can manage RW.

Given Sullivan, though, I hope we at least see:

Guentzel - Crosby - Rakell
Zucker - Malkin - Rust

Yeah Guentzel - Crosby - Zucker sounds fun.

Also opens Zucker up for his one timer.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Not sure whether to tune in tonight. On the one hand, I want to watch the Penguins. On the other hand, I don't want to be the reason they score 2 or less goals.

Reactions: Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I loathe ERod on the 1st line as much as the next person but since it is actually scoring, suppose seeing whether it finally sticks this time while we try Rakell on the 2nd line makes as much sense as anything.

Glamor Toad

Jun 30, 2009
Poitiers
Yea:laugh:h Guentzel - Crosby - Zucker sounds fun.

Also opens Zucker up for his one timer.
Zucker forgot to pack his one timer when he moved to Pitt :sarcasm:
Yeah, I too think that a decent stretch of warm-up games in the bottom 6 that Zucker should be given a 10-game guarantee with Sid. It's just the only way that this Erod on the 1st makes any sense. And I'm a guy that likes Erod in this lineup.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
He’s already up to 50 games played. He must split the remaining games with CDS…no 2/3 to 1/3
That's a tough call with goalies. TJ might thrive with just the breathers and his normal work load. He certainly isn't injury prone. He's pretty durable...at least physically

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That's a tough call with goalies. TJ might thrive with just the breathers and his normal work load. He certainly isn't injury prone. He's pretty durable...at least physically
I just look at the recent goalies who’ve won in the POs…none have played 60+ games

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I just look at the recent goalies who’ve won in the POs…none have played 60+ games
Interesting...though again toss the coin. You run the risk either way. If you sit him more to preserve him and he falls out of rhythm, which to me I worry more about than him 'running out of gas'

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Interesting...though again toss the coin. You run the risk either way. If you sit him more to preserve him and he falls out of rhythm, which to me I worry more about than him 'running out of gas'

we have 17 more games…he should play no more than 8/9 and CDS or Domingue should play the other 8/9…if they split them, he’ll be getting plenty of work…hopefully CDS will play against Detroit Sunday and have them alternate games pretty much

dingo71

Apr 27, 2021
Is there a way I can watch tonight out of market without NHL Network? I usually watch via ESPN+ but I don’t think they carry games that are also on NHL Network

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Is there a way I can watch tonight out of market without NHL Network? I usually watch via ESPN+ but I don’t think they carry games that are also on NHL Network
If it's on NHL Network in your area, then, no, you can't watch it on ESPN+ until after it's over (or maybe it's 24hr after it's over, I forget).

Reactions: dingo71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad