GDT: GAME LXV: RIVALRY NIGHT! Aves vs. Wungs

Christopher Ehn is...

• Total voters

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
2-1 Avs in the most boring game since that garbage Islanders game.

iu

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
MacK has played himself out of a Hart imo. It's a shame that one stretch is going to ruin it for him.

He never had much of a chance. Injuries sapped the team of offensive firepower. McDavid and Drai have each other. Pasta has Marchand. Panarin is on fire but NYR won't be in the playoffs.

Reactions: missionAvs

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
MacK has played himself out of a Hart imo. It's a shame that one stretch is going to ruin it for him.
I wonder if getting out of the scoring race affects his game.

He does seem to hit a wall near the end of each season though...last year he couldn't get to 100 pts because of that wall.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Draisaitl already has it all but locked up at this point. I don't think it would've even mattered if MacKinnon had capitalized on some of those great chances as of late. Draisaitl deserves it.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
He never had much of a chance. Injuries sapped the team of offensive firepower. McDavid and Drai have each other. Pasta has Marchand. Panarin is on fire but NYR won't be in the playoffs.

MacK was able to overcome it earlier in the year, asking him to carry the entire offense twice is a bit much. It's a huge benefit that he can play well defensively now and the rest of the team has really come together.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's not a likely scenario, but entirely possible. Especially if they get Shestjorkin back faster than they thought.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Love how the commentators were saying how brave the Redwings were tonight. Okay, they fought until the end.
Yet we had 8 players, yes...EIGHT out of the line-up or starting that normally would.

Kaut, Kamenev, O'Connor, Barberio, Hutchinson....tip your collective hats boys. All stepped up. All wore that jersey with pride and passion.

This my friends, is what culture is built upon.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
To be honest, I think Draisaitl has also just played his way into it. He's now at 107 points.

Yeah, MacK fell off offensively and Draisaitl kept on rolling. If MacK could have kept going despite all the injuries again he'd still have a solid case.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Hard not to see this game as anything, but a positive. I mean, they had what, 7 key players missing.

Bednar and the veteran leadership on this team deserve a lot of credit for getting the team to play hard every night.

During the win-streak there really hasn’t been a lot of skill on the ice. MacK, Makar, Girard, Landy. That’s about it. There are other good players, but it’s just been a commitment to continually bust ass every single night.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Agreed. But honestly not all his fault. Teams are literally saying let's not let MacKinnon beat us. Just watch a PP from tonight. Red Wings wouldn't even let him sniff the puck, they were so overplaying him if we any semblance of a quality shooter on the other side we probably score about 2-3 pp goals tonight. Not saying he is playing his best hockey right now but I'm sure he is frustrated since there is absolutely no room for him out there since there aren't any other real consistent threats out there with him. Could have easily had 3 points tonight had his shot not rang off the iron, and nuke missed an open net.

When you are playing as an AHL team with no real threats outside of one guy it's not to difficult to double and triple team him. Until we start getting some guys back it's going to be more of the same.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
MacKinnon played 23 minutes once again tonight.

We are burning him out. Period.
Like they say in The Sopranos: "whaddyagonnado". We have to put that firepower up there. Even when MacK is not scoring, he's still effective most nights.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Love how the commentators were saying how brave the Redwings were tonight. Okay, they fought until the end.
Yet we had 8 players, yes...EIGHT out of the line-up or starting that normally would.

Kaut, Kamenev, O'Connor, Barberio, Hutchinson....tip your collective hats boys. All stepped up. All wore that jersey with pride and passion.

This my friends, is what culture is built upon.
I know where you are getting at but Kamenev sucked and has been sucking for a while. No tip of the hat for him.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Yeah, MacK fell off offensively and Draisaitl kept on rolling. If MacK could have kept going despite all the injuries again he'd still have a solid case.

Mack has yet to lead the league in points. He came extremely close this year. I think if he had another top talent next to him most of the season (Rantanen uninjured and not flopping all over the place) he can win the Art Ross one season. Kuch and Drai have had more star power with them over the last 2 seasons, but Mack is certainly on their tier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad