www.armoredheadspace.com
COLORADO AVALANCHE
thumb_aspx.jpg

VS.

DETROIT RED WINGS

5772e42cbfa3d2fd96000001.png

TIME: Motor City Time
PLACE: Detroit Rock City
REFRAIN: Tank seasons aren't so bad, especially if you lose the lottery (TWICE!).
MUSIC:

KEYS TO THE GAME
  • Keep referring to Detroit's arena as "The Joe" to anyone within earshot
  • Tell Sam Gagner he's been traded...again
  • Order a Little Caesars pizza and throw it onto the ice

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Normally I'd be worried about this one, but the fact is MacKinnon's in a slump and desperate to score. That's going to keep him motivated, and we all know he's the emotional engine that drives this team. I think for once it will be the kind of game it should be when you consider the records - an easy win.

Reactions: Lemonlimey and arun

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hope the Avs watched the LA vs Vegas game tonight just as a reminder that there's no easy game.

(Could have also watched their own stadium series fiasco as well).

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Darren McCarty is still a douche canoe. The “turtle” incident remains a myth perpetrated by aforementioned Douche Canoe. Detroit is a shit hole. f*** the Dead Things. Must. Win. Game.

iu
A few things.

The wings started the rivalry. Kozlov slammed Footes head into the glass at Mcnichols. No penalty was called. Lemieux later punched Kozlov in the head and got kicked out the game.
Everyone thinks Pepe hit on Draper started the rivalry.

The Wings played a game in Denver before the infamous March 26th game. Why didnt they go after Pepe then if they wanted retribution for the Draper hit? They waited till they got back to Detroit same as the Moore incident.

In conclusion f*** the wings I hope they go 100 yrs sucking. Oh yah and f*** the Wild.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Normally I'd be worried about this one, but the fact is MacKinnon's in a slump and desperate to score. That's going to keep him motivated, and we all know he's the emotional engine that drives this team. I think for once it will be the kind of game it should be when you consider the records - an easy win.
I dont think he scores this week. Guy is gonna make the road to 100 points as hard as possible.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
A few things.

The wings started the rivalry. Kozlov slammed Footes head into the glass at Mcnichols. No penalty was called. Lemieux later punched Kozlov in the head and got kicked out the game.

The Wings played a game in Denver before the infamous March 26th game. Why didnt they go after Pepe then if they wanted retribution for the Draper hit? They waited till they got back to Detroit same as the Moore incident.

In conclusion f*** the wings I hope they go 100 yrs sucking. Oh yah and f*** the Wild.

*Mild. :sarcasm:

I’m well versed on the history of the ‘Blood Feud’. I don’t condone the hit on Draper, *Stephen A voice* HOWEVVAH, how the Avs became the villain, & why every incident henceforth seemingly happens on the road is astounding. It shouldn’t grind my gears as much as it does, but the fact they won the last series, & more Cups during the Avs hay day is still irksome. Lol

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
A few things.

Detroit "Always the victim" Red Wings.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
A few things.

No argument on your conclusion, but Clod's hit on Draper was very much the true start of the rivalry. The Kozlov crap was run-of-the-mill dirty stuff that happened rather often. The face-crushing hit on a very punchable Draper was beyond the norm. One of the dirtiest plays in that decade. (Not the worst...but up there). It may have been in retaliation for Kozlov, but wrong response by the wrong person. Honestly, had that ended up different, it would be talked about the same way the Bertuzzi incident is....and a boarding like that CAN end up that bad.

And Lemieux DID turtle the first time. He ended up squaring up in a later game, but that 26 March 1997 game, he turtled. And not saying he had much of a chance to do any different the way McCarty jumped him. Also the kicking Dbag McCarty pulled was also way out of line, and was a big part of the hate from our side. All this on top of the two best teams in hockey for the latter half of that decade meeting so often in the playoffs. Was a fun time to be a fan.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Don't be surprised that Wings fans don't remember (or know) anything.

All of them that I was chirping back and forth at Pepsi Center this last time didn't remember the Bertuzzi bench sucker punch and thought we were just booing the name.

Yes, I AM booing the name, but that whole family sucks.

YjhwVsWh.jpg

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020

All of them that I was chirping back and forth at Pepsi Center this last time didn't remember the Bertuzzi bench sucker punch and thought we were just booing the name.

YjhwVsWh.jpg

Actually, the Bertuzzi family is a big reason Avs have won their two Cups.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
A few things.

Don't forget, f*** the Canucks, too.

I dont think he scores this week. Guy is gonna make the road to 100 points as hard as possible.

The way I see it, it's a win-win. If MacKinnon starts scoring, we win because we score more goals than the other team. If MacKinnon doesn't score, he stays motivated and we keep dominating teams defensively.

YjhwVsWh.jpg

It's not just the wings fans. I remember the last Wings game, McNab was saying the fans in Denver were only booing Bertuzzi because of his name. I don't know about other fans, but I have the image of that dirtbag Tyler Bertuzzi sucker-punching Calvert burned into my memory. I'd boo him any time I saw him, even if it were in the street, except I expect he'd start punching me since he's a neanderthal.

VelvetyGleamingAtlanticridleyturtle-size_restricted.gif

Larkin can go f*** himself too, btw.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
No argument on your conclusion, but Clod's hit on Draper was very much the true start of the rivalry. The Kozlov crap was run-of-the-mill dirty stuff that happened rather often. The face-crushing hit on a very punchable Draper was beyond the norm. One of the dirtiest plays in that decade. (Not the worst...but up there). It may have been in retaliation for Kozlov, but wrong response by the wrong person. Honestly, had that ended up different, it would be talked about the same way the Bertuzzi incident is....and a boarding like that CAN end up that bad.

And Lemieux DID turtle the first time. He ended up squaring up in a later game, but that 26 March 1997 game, he turtled. And not saying he had much of a chance to do any different the way McCarty jumped him. Also the kicking Dbag McCarty pulled was also way out of line, and was a big part of the hate from our side. All this on top of the two best teams in hockey for the latter half of that decade meeting so often in the playoffs. Was a fun time to be a fan.

iu

Doucheren McCanoe jumped him. And Dead Things fans still wear that initial retaliatory incident as a badge of honor, while no meltdowns conveniently occurred in the Can (Phrasing).

Last edited:
Reactions: Tweaky

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Hard to care about the wings now tbh, though I hope their rebuild takes a while

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
The 2nd lowest point total is 56 points. The wings have 21 less than that at 35.

The 2nd worst goal differential is -46. The wings have 3x worse than that at an impressive -120.

You keep eatin shit detroit. Congrats on finally having a hockey team that reflects what the city looks like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad