Post-Game Talk: |Game #LII | Loss | The one where the Jerks jerked us around

The Jerks are:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Oh you'll get that chance, and we'll be near the bottom of the standings soon enough. Sully isn't the main issue here, if players have lapses its on them. A new coach isn't gonna change that. We don't put forth a consistent effort, we're consistently inconsistent. And as our stars age out I expect that to only get worse as time goes on.
Sure sounds like a poorly coaches squad.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
How is no one talking about Malkin? Lazy all game, barely skated or put effort in. His shift that Rust scored on was absolutely pathetic, looked like he was 50 years old and didn't want to do with the puck. Hard for the coach to get the team going when the highest paid player and so called leader just mails it in shift after shift

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Sure sounds like a poorly coaches squad.
If you think some other coach is gonna come in here and turn things around I would suggest that's a very naive take. We're only THIS high up in the standings because we are well coached. Doesn't mean Sully is perfect, but he's a hell of a lot better than most. Someday you might see that. And this is coming from someone who isn't a big Sully supporter.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
How is no one talking about Malkin? Lazy all game, barely skated or put effort in. His shift that Rust scored on was absolutely pathetic, looked like he was 50 years old and didn't want to do with the puck. Hard for the coach to get the team going when the highest paid player and so called leader just mails it in shift after shift

lol. Malkin was one of the reasons we were in this game.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think he should be benched next game.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I love how absolutely self assured so many are about us losing in the playoffs. Montreal just made the cup finals. They're wayyyyyyyyy worse than we are or will ever be.

We aren't flawless or even close but just lol if you think we can't go on a run

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
lol. Malkin was one of the reasons we were in this game.

Malkin was a loser all game, sulked on the bench and didn't say anything. Wasn't mad or frustrated, just gave up early in the game. I know this for a fact because I had a contact in the stands behind the bench today who I specifically asked to watch Malkin.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
So Moderators. My post was flaming etc, but messages like this is ok?

I get it, its okay to be mad, but call our players f***ing losers might not be proper way to say it. Bad, shitty, lazy etc might be ok, but that was like a child when someone tooks candy out of her hand.
He literally says that stuff in every single post. He's little more than an angsty teen rant on an endless loop. Most of the long time sensible posters here tuned him out years ago.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
If the Pens are anywhere near the analytical group JR was while running the team, they could isolate trouble areas. When a team runs as one and is somewhat consistent it will be a domino affect one way or the other either feasting or famine. You clearly don't have the feasting save the top line as a whole putting all the strain on a single line. There's just no balance whatsoever.

One impact forward and one #6 bottom pair D-man and see what happens.

Getting TB back for the 4th line will help, but it will not tip the scales, not when the issues are higher on the depth chart. Zucker doesn't even fix it.

The team is just too flawed.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If you think some other coach is gonna come in here and turn things around I would suggest that's a very naive take. We're only THIS high up in the standings because we are well coached. Doesn't mean Sully is perfect, but he's a hell of a lot better than most. Someday you might see that. And this is coming from someone who isn't a big Sully supporter.
I don’t want him near this team when we are remotely healthy. He has too much control over this team. Enough is enough. I’m tired of only seeing him effective with a delpleted team.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Why the hell is this post-game largely about Malkin? He was fine. So was Crosby for that matter(since people seem intent on pitting them against one another in every discussion). Team-wide defensive breakdowns and questionable effort for long stretches lost this game. Singling out any individuals reeks of an agenda.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
power play has issues with these high pressure PKs. Rushing passes on PP instead of setting up a play had been now happening everytime. Everytime they are about to set a play up, rust would make some weird pass to no one. I know he is our best scorer, but I'd rather se ERod there.. it does not help that Letang is just braindead more often then not.
also PK...how convinient is that now we are missing Blueger excuse...Our PK colapsess too fast, and if TJ is not just out of his minds this is an average at best PK, with or without Blueger..TJ had something like .940 on HDCF on power plays during that stretch, usually its around .750...

Reactions: canadianguy77

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Man…that’s a good team. But we hung with ‘‘em for a while. I think where they killed us is their aggressiveness on our defencemen in both zones. There wasn’t any room for error with how quickly they’re on you, and unfortunately our dmen made some errors.

Reactions: Andy99 and vodeni

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
A backup to keep Jarry fresh since the entire season rests on his and the 1st line's shoulders, or another legit scoring line winger so we have some scoring depth?

larry-david-unsure.gif

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Man…that’s a good team. But we hung with ‘‘em for a while. I think where they killed us is their aggressiveness on our defencemen in both zones. There wasn’t any room for error with how quickly they’re on you, and unfortunately our dmen made some errors.
well, the only antidote to that is to get on their defensman

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad