GDT: GAME FIVE: Avs @ Caps -- Mr. Burakovsky goes to Washington

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Haha, the opponents will start hating us, we have to stop being this sloppy but we are still winning. :sarcasm:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Ej was vintage EJ, the number 1 dman that we were used to. Skating as well as we've seen him in years. Girard is a total stud, but I'm worried about teams taking runs at him. He didn't totally collapse after the Ovechkin hit, but it did impact his game. Kadri is a legit number 2C that we've been waiting for and while I was worried that we lost Barrie booming shot, Makar is just sooo much better in other aspects of the game that it hasn't made a huge difference. I can't wait until he develops even more.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Ej was vintage EJ, the number 1 dman that we were used to. Skating as well as we've seen him in years. Girard is a total stud, but I'm worried about teams taking runs at him. He didn't totally collapse after the Ovechkin hit, but it did impact his game. Kadri is a legit number 2C that we've been waiting for and while I was worried that we lost Barrie booming shot, Makar is just sooo much better in other aspects of the game that it hasn't made a huge difference. I can't wait until he develops even more.

It's just a shame our prospect pool is dry.

Oh wait.....

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
There are only 2 teams in the central with positive goal differentials - Avs (+10) and the preds (+2).

Subtracting the Avs’ goal differential, the rest of the central is a combined -23.

Warms my heart.
The craziest thing is the central is supposed to be the strongest division in the league.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Wouldn’t call EJ a #1 but he looks alot better than last season and hopefully keeps this up.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’m so jealous that the Caps have Tom Wilson. Always an advantage when you have literally the only player of his kind in the league. Like the Patriots during Gronk’s prime.

Reactions: wayninja

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
There are only 2 teams in the central with positive goal differentials - Avs (+10) and the preds (+2).

Subtracting the Avs’ goal differential, the rest of the central is a combined -23.

Warms my heart.

latest

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
The craziest thing is the central is supposed to be the strongest division in the league.

Yea it’s crazy but still early. I expect NSH and STL to improve, as well as CHI.

WPG is who they will be - dynamic first two lines but no depth and couldn’t defend Fort Knox from a group of toddlers with butter knives.

Then you’ve got DAL and MIN teetering on the edge of being dumpster fires.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
They got rid of Mike Haynes for him? Just terrible.

Haynes was losing his touch, so I don't blame them for that. But Moser just can't seem to track the game very well. He's constantly mixing up players and giving the wrong call, with McNab often correcting him. He could get away with that stuff on the radio, but he just can't on TV. McGahey is much better suited for it.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bednar basically said in the post game presser that Grubi was excellent but the pokecheck attempts cost 2 goals.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Anyone have a clip of MacKinnon with the huge reverse hit on Siegenthaler?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad