GDT: GAME FIVE: Avs @ Caps -- Mr. Burakovsky goes to Washington

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
A player like Hall is likely a pure rental if we get one, and if we are looking good a bit later in the year I’d be fine with that.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Isn't scoring empty net goals indicative of being able to hold onto leads or...?

I just meant it would be nice to win a game without needing the ENG. And we aren't blowing leads in terms of losing games, but we consistently let leads slip away.
Game 1Up 1-0, 2-1, 4-2, Flames made it 4-3 but we held on, won with ENG
Game 2Up 2-0, Wild came back to 2-2, we still won with ENG
Game 3Weird game that would have been out of reach if it wasn't for coach's challenge, but we came back nonetheless and this one doesn't support what I'm saying (but still needed ENG to put it away)
Game 4Blew a 2-0 lead with 10 mins left, won in OT
Game 54-0 lead in the first should be a blowout, but the Capitals clawed back in and it would have been 5-4 if not for coach's challenge. We still needed the ENG to be comfortable.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

And again, we're 5-0 so I'm hardly complaining. All I'm trying to say is that in 4/5 games, our leads have been slipping away but we managed to hold on.

Reactions: Monsters

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I just meant it would be nice to win a game without needing the ENG. And we aren't blowing leads in terms of losing games, but we consistently let leads slip away.
Game 1Up 1-0, 2-1, 4-2, Flames made it 4-3 but we held on, won with ENG
Game 2Up 2-0, Wild came back to 2-2, we still won with ENG
Game 3Weird game that would have been out of reach if it wasn't for coach's challenge, but we came back nonetheless and this one doesn't support what I'm saying (but still needed ENG to put it away)
Game 4Blew a 2-0 lead with 10 mins left, won in OT
Game 54-0 lead in the first should be a blowout, but the Capitals clawed back in and it would have been 5-4 if not for coach's challenge. We still needed the ENG to be comfortable.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

And again, we're 5-0 so I'm hardly complaining. All I'm trying to say is that in 4/5 games, our leads have been slipping away but we managed to hold on.
I don't want to nitpick because I know what you are trying to say but we didn't win with the ENG. The ENGs were insurance.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I don't want to nitpick because I know what you are trying to say but we didn't win with the ENG. The ENGs were insurance.
Good point, however, the other point is well made. We are letting teams close the gaps late in games with Arizona being the only real nail biter in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->