GDT: Game #dNRrK - @NO - TODAY TODAY ON EPIX - PARTY HOUR

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Dallas is now 2nd in the entire NHL in Goals For!

What you guys obviously need is a defensive defenseman. IF you can acquire one at the trade deadline, I think you will make the playoffs...you are only 3 points out and I'm not impressed with Vancouver or Winnipeg(lost Kane).

We also need a goalie. Kari has been solid for two games, but last time I said that he went on a horrible run.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

We also need a goalie. Kari has been solid for two games, but last time I said that he went on a horrible run.

Goalies go through slumps like all players. I realize Kari has had a long slump here but he can rebound.

What you really need is a good Backup goalie, like Lack. Someone who can give Kari a rest and challenge him a bit. Getting a backup also won't cost nearly as much as trying to get a #1...

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Goalies go through slumps like all players. I realize Kari has had a long slump here but he can rebound.

What you really need is a good Backup goalie, like Lack. Someone who can give Kari a rest and challenge him a bit. Getting a backup also won't cost nearly as much as trying to get a #1...

That was what I meant as we're obviously not getting a legit starter. ;)

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Wow, 2nd in goals for, 28 in goals against.

This reminded me of the whole "If Kari was an average goaltender he'd have let in 12 fewer goals this season" thing so I checked where we'd rank with 12 fewer goals and we'd move up one whole spot from 27th to 26th :laugh:

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
This reminded me of the whole "If Kari was an average goaltender he'd have let in 12 fewer goals this season" thing so I checked where we'd rank with 12 fewer goals and we'd move up one whole spot from 27th to 26th :laugh:

It's late here so my math might be off, but if Kari put up the same SV% as last year (above his career average I know) it looks like he would have saved 18 more goals which would put us at 155 total goals against. It doesn't put us that much further in the rankings but it would put our goals for vs goals against differential in the plus by 15 goals.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
It's late here so my math might be off, but if Kari put up the same SV% as last year (above his career average I know) it looks like he would have saved 18 more goals which would put us at 155 total goals against. It doesn't put us that much further in the rankings but it would put our goals for vs goals against differential in the plus by 15 goals.

I was going based on league average goaltending since that's what everyone here says we'd be winners with. But yeah even if we did it your way with Kari's sv% from last year we'd be 24th/25th for goals against. Not exactly the best position to be in as a team and shows that even with stellar goaltending our defense would still suck enough to let in a ton of goals. A positive goal differential would be nice though.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I was going based on league average goaltending since that's what everyone here says we'd be winners with. But yeah even if we did it your way with Kari's sv% from last year we'd be 24th/25th for goals against. Not exactly the best position to be in as a team and shows that even with stellar goaltending our defense would still suck enough to let in a ton of goals. A positive goal differential would be nice though.

18 goals is a pretty big difference, especially when it comes to all the one goal games we've lost this season.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
18 goals is a pretty big difference, especially when it comes to all the one goal games we've lost this season.

Generally 3 goals against is worth 1 standings point. As of last week, Kari was allowing more goals per shot attempt than last year but the team was also giving up more shot attempts/60 in front of him.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I'm so happy that we won this game!

The Dallas Stars are the best!

We can take on any team in the world if we really try our best!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad