GDT: Game Day Thread: GDT Edition Ducks @ Avs, 7 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
You still hanging onto the past? Enforcers aren't apart of the NHL anymore. Do the Kings or Hawks have enforcers? No they don't, because enforcers don't belong in the game anymore.

Where was the sentiment when we traded Maroon, but still won games? Like against the Kings? Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler can all fight and stand up for this team. as can Rakell, Bieksa, McGinn. You seriously need to get over the idea that a team needs enforcers to "protect" it's players or for them to deter teams from making ****** hits on our players. These hits happened in the past when we had Maroon, and they will keep happening.

If you don't like it, then maybe the modern NHL isn't for you.

The Kings have Kyle Clifford, Jordan Nolan, Andy Andreoff (and Lucic) on their roster. I'm not saying they are the key to success, but you are wrong

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
I wouldn't classify them as pure enforcers like Jackman or Scott though.
Chicago has Mashinter on their roster who is a heavyweight plays when needed.
We went from one of the toughest teams to a middle of the pack. Our toughest players should not be the stars.
The kings and the avs clearly see this weakness and exposed it.
Do you hate fighting in hockey? No other explanation for some of your posts

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Chicago has Mashinter on their roster who is a heavyweight plays when needed.
We went from one of the toughest teams to a middle of the pack. Our toughest players should not be the stars.
The kings and the avs clearly see this weakness and exposed it.
Do you hate fighting in hockey? No other explanation for some of your posts

I don't hate it. I just rather have players who can score, make plays, play defense, do all the other hockey related things to help win instead of fighting. Do you hate scoring? No other explanation for your posts.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
I don't hate it. I just rather have players who can score, make plays, play defense, do all the other hockey related things to help win instead of fighting. Do you hate scoring? No other explanation for your posts.

Again with the same thing.
Im not saying I want an entire team to be all fighters I want a balance
How do you get me hating scoring from that

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Again with the same thing.
Im not saying I want an entire team to be all fighters I want a balance
How do you get me hating scoring from that

Because all your posts are about this team being weak and it's a some terrible thing. As if we don't have players that can stand up for themselves. Having enforcers don't stop dirty hits or keep teams from playing us harder than we do them. Which is all you seem to care about.

It may be the same thing, but it doesn't prove me wrong, fighting or having enforcers doesn't change how teams play against us, nor does losing Maroon, Jackman mean we're *******.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
1. You don't need to be a tough guy or an enforcer to challenge Gabriel Landeskog. You just need to have balls, which the Ducks left home this time apparently.
2. Maroon is not and has never been, a deterrent.
3. We can handle any team in the league physically over a series.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
You still hanging onto the past? Enforcers aren't apart of the NHL anymore. Do the Kings or Hawks have enforcers? No they don't, because enforcers don't belong in the game anymore.

Where was the sentiment when we traded Maroon, but still won games? Like against the Kings? Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler can all fight and stand up for this team. as can Rakell, Bieksa, McGinn. You seriously need to get over the idea that a team needs enforcers to "protect" it's players or for them to deter teams from making ****** hits on our players. These hits happened in the past when we had Maroon, and they will keep happening.

If you don't like it, then maybe the modern NHL isn't for you.

Kesler and Perry are terrible fighters and are better off on the ice than in the box. McGinn is not a great fighter and Rakell has only been in one NHL fight. Getzlaf and Bieksa are ok fighters but the former shouldn't be fighting unless we absolutely need it.

If you're going to try and make a point like that at least use decent examples, not a bunch of terrible fighters. Manson is a better fighter than anyone you listed and Stewart when healthy is a good option to drop the gloves too. We do have a decent amount of toughness there but the lack of response to the Avs cheapness was disappointing at best.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
1. You don't need to be a tough guy or an enforcer to challenge Gabriel Landeskog. You just need to have balls, which the Ducks left home this time apparently.

Amen to that. It was an off game against a team that is in a desperate fight for a PO spot. The guys dropped the ball and failed to respond, but let's learn a lesson and move on. We can and will be ready next time.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Many players have stated it is so hard to play in Denver because of the altitude.

Ozolinsh said that when he was traded to Colorado he ran out of his breath already in the first period.
Not like Avs win every single home game but it is a bit harder for visitors to play there. It is not an excuse but just a thing to consider in this case - maybe it played some part

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

The ducks leave their balls on the bench, in the care of their coach.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad