Votes: 54 79.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Wasn't the most clean game ever but Igor was amazing and the Rangers scored some highlight reel goals that Jarry and DeSmith didn't have an answer for. Top-6 is doing all the heavy lifting imagine the 3rd line starts to contribute? Although Fil made that sweet pass to Kane on the Panarin goal.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
easily the most talented team we've ever iced.

but can you believe Drury gave up a 2025 3rd rounder for retention? I dont think it was worth it

Pittsburgh played a decent game... we just had vintage Shesty

easily could have got out in front early and the complexion of the game changes.

It was a perfect score but the game wasn't perfect on our end. We gave up a lot of chances imo
Yea and half of those chances were in the 3rd period when they were on cruise control and were resting the top guys.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
D2DDBB33-4085-4EE3-A84C-DDB77A28E475.gif

08D3D8B3-DE83-4D07-8346-A3B96A666054.jpeg

I told ya!

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
1bkpp2

All you can do is marvel at someone bitching after beating the team that is chasing you in the standings, 6-0.

If the Rangers were to win the Cup, some here, like this chap, would be whining about something.

Uneffinbelievable.
I let it die for me with these final words.
If you seen all the games since Buffalo then you know Gallants been rolling four lines. So all the attack narratives about resting his best players for tomorrow’s game are wrong. Vesey was a minute over TOI what he has been getting and Motte and Goodrow were both under (Goodrow in the box for 4 minutes).
The complaint was not on the team, it is on Gallant’s coaching not to run up the score. If the 4th line is on the PP, then there restring during when their regular shift would have been. Gallant should let his players run up the score. He should want to demoralize Pittsburgh. Get in their heads. Let it get in his players heads. Gallant holding his team back only increases the chance of his players being injured or forming bad habits. Just look at Tampa over the past three years. They want to beat there opponents in every aspect of the game. It’s called a killer instinct. No quarter asked, none given. No mercy. In the end the fans both in the seats and in front of the screens pay for it all and in turn deserve to have it all when it is available.

Last edited:

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I rarely complain about the team but I have no problem calling out the poor ESPN broadcast quality.

- The intro segment was all a garbled mess of broken audio sound effects. Then they cut to people who were speaking but there was no audio so they played background music instead. The first 6 minutes of the broadcast audio did not come through when I watched the replay through ESPN+ service (not sure what everyone saw live).

- How the hell did McDonough think that Schneider was guilty of boarding when he was the one who got boarded by Malkin?

- The arena audio was kept low through the first 4 goals only to have them change it for the 5th. Why did they wait so long to address this? Goals 1, 2, 3, and 4 didn't alert anyone to the issue/problem?

- PK Subban wearing a casual jacket that looks like he's dressed for a club or party, while having the other guys wearing suits did not mesh or look right.

- Pretty sure Emily Kaplan referred to Mika as 'Miko' during the interview with Tarasenko

- Someone referred to Pettersson as being with the Rangers during an intermission

- One of the announcers declared that Shesterkin shooting the puck into the stands was deflected/tipped - then they inform us that there's a delay of game penalty on the play

- During this broadcast and recent ones you hear times where the announcers talking about silly crap and non-hockey topics while the play is going on.

- A few games back the puck had dropped to start the 2nd period and ESPN was displaying something else on the screen and we missed the first 5 seconds of the period (unacceptable)

- The video-game style, digital name badges are awful - are they done inserting those during the PP?

It feels like amateur hour at ESPN, and like the hockey people ESPN contracts with are mailing it in and cruising through these gigs without taking it as seriously or as professionally as they should be.

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I rarely complain about the team but I have no problem calling out the poor ESPN broadcast quality.

- The intro segment was all a garbled mess of broken audio sound effects. Then they cut to people who were speaking but there was no audio so they played background music instead. The first 6 minutes of the broadcast audio did not come through when I watched the replay through ESPN+ service (not sure what everyone saw live).

- How the hell did McDonough think that Schneider was guilty of boarding when he was the one who got boarded by Malkin?

- The arena audio was kept low through the first 4 goals only to have them change it for the 5th. Why did they wait so long to address this? Goals 1, 2, 3, and 4 didn't alert anyone to the issue/problem?

- PK Subban wearing a casual jacket that looks like he's dressed for a club or party, while having the other guys wearing suits did not mesh or look right.

- Pretty sure Emily Kaplan referred to Mika as 'Miko' during the interview with Tarasenko

- Someone referred to Peterson as being with the Rangers during an intermission

- One of the announcers declared that Shesterkin shooting the puck into the stands was deflected/tipped - then they inform us that there's a delay of game penalty on the play

- During this broadcast and recent ones you hear times where the announcers talking about silly crap and non-hockey topics while the play is going on.

- A few games back the puck had dropped to start the 2nd period and ESPN was displaying something else on the screen and we missed the first 5 seconds of the period (unacceptable)

- The video-game style, digital name badges are awful - are they done inserting those during the PP?

It feels like amateur hour at ESPN, and like the hockey people ESPN contracts with are mailing it in and cruising through these gigs without taking it as seriously or as professionally as they should be.
I heard “Connor Tarasenko” at one point.

Reactions: wolfgaze

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I let it die for me with these final words.
If you seen all the games since Buffalo then you know Gallants been rolling four lines. So all the attack narratives about resting his best players for tomorrow’s game are wrong. Vesey was a minute over TOI what he has been getting and Motte and Goodrow were both under (Goodrow in the box for 4 minutes).
The complaint was not on the team, it is on Gallant’s coaching not to run up the score. If the 4th line is on the PP, then there restring during when their regular shift would have been. Gallant should let his players run up the score. He should want to demoralize Pittsburgh. Get in their heads. Let it get in his players heads. Gallant holding his team back only increases the chance of his players being injured or forming bad habits. Just look at Tampa over the past three years. They want to beat there opponents in every aspect of the game. It’s called a killer instinct. No quarter asked, none given. No merry. In the end the fans both in the seats and in front of the screens pay for it all and in turn deserve to have it all when it is available.
The goal is to win the Cup, not entertain a group of 4 people

Last edited:

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Went and watched our home town soccer team yesterday.

I was pretty much drunk 12 hours in before puck drop, I passed out at 1 AM.

Missed a great game it seems. That save from Shesty was just ridiculous. Can't wait for tonight.

Reactions: FultonReed

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine

- Someone referred to Pettersson as being with the Rangers during an intermission

You missed one … Panarin’s PPG they kept saying Mika Zibenajad scored it right after the goal and as the replay was being played.

I agree with your entire post though! Thank you for bringing it up!

They did a really good job on Tuesday night’s game. Steve Levy was way better than McDonough (who reminds me of the six flags guy from commercials years ago), Messier did miles better than Ray with his comments, and whoever handled the production/broadcast did great by not cutting to commercials too fast, sticking with the play after the whistle, and showing good meaningful replays at the right time. If Tuesday’s crew was the main crew, and I wish it was, it would be good for sure!

Also, I have to mute the TV when Subban is on. Not only is he annoying, but I find him disrespectful too. I just turn on the radio broadcast between periods.

Very very happy for the win! It was great to watch them put this type of game together! My only complaints are on the product ESPN/ABC put together.

Reactions: NCRanger

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
The lines had something to do with it but so did the fact that he needed time to adjust after playing 16 years with 1 team.
It took me over a month to not be “depressed” (using that loosely) after I moved 25 mins West last summer after living in my place for the past 6 years. Couldn’t imagine what these guys go through emotionally.

One of my clients is friends with a former Ranger who has been bouncing around NHL and AHL teams the past few years and it sounds like he’s miserable constantly moving and not knowing where he’s going to be each week.

Reactions: JCProdigy

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg

McDonough after the 1st: "Penguins despite a good two nothing lead"...

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Statement win. Basically secured no worse than 3rd with these 2 wins.

Igor coming back into form is huge. He's aggressive again and that's a great thing.

Top 6 clicking almost on all cylinders, kids have some good cycling but haven't shown up on the scoresheet (except for Chytil - that pass to Kane was ridiculous)

Kane and Kreider together is lit.

This team is cookin.

Looking at the standings - Devils are 5 points up on us and struggling - we are firing and only getting better and better. Is 2nd in the division still up for grabs?

Panthers knocking on the doors of the penguins and islanders - one of these teams will be knocked out of the playoffs by Matthew Tkachuk. Just too bad the Sabres and Sens have imploded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad