Post-Game Talk: GAME 9 - THROW THE CAT OFF THE CLIFF!!!! - BRUINS 3 Sunrise 2 F/OT

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Really bad timing for Boston with the Gryz injury and the tough upcoming schedule. At least they have built a bit of a cushion with their great start.

Not to mention the bad timing in the game itself.

McAvoy had just tied the game. Its the 3rd period and Bruins should have the momentum. Grz is already out. Dumb isn't a strong enough term for it.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
OK.

But Andersson didn't get 6-7 games. He got 4. And Cliffy got 2.

You're talking like I don't think McAvoy should be suspended or something which is weird. I don't think he deserves, or will get, the same amount as Andersson for very obvious reasons. Laine may have had the puck but it was at the buzzer.

I think probably 3 but possibly 2 games.

You were saying.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
That shouldn't factor in at all. The refs never called it and no one would have given it a second thought had Paul Maurice not whined like a whiney child post game in an attempt to lobby the league

From what I saw, Maurice barely mentioned it aside from when he was directly asked.

Charlie made two bad hits. Especially the second one. Simple as that. The opposing coach has nothing do with it.

Luckily, I’m guessing he will learn. Sometimes you catch head incidentally on a fast moving play. This wasn’t that. Especially on the second hit, Charlie had the time and space to either bypass the hit or the head entirely and didn’t. Just stupid and unnecessary.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I get that DoPS is wildly inconsistent. I'm one of the biggest complainers of them.

That said, glad they gave Charlie 4 games. No amount of Bruins-goggle explaining can justify that kind of predatory hit to the head. My wish is that DoPS would throw the book at everyone who makes the kind of hit Charlie did last night, regardless of extent of injury. I love big hits and fighting and the like, but I despise gutless crap like last night's incident. Has no place in hockey.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
That shouldn't factor in at all. The refs never called it and no one would have given it a second thought had Paul Maurice not whined like a whiney child post game in an attempt to lobby the league
There's an article in (IIRC) The Athletic regarding refereeing and it talks about the most vocal coaches who give the refs the most static. Paul Maurice was one at the head of the list.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Next man or kid up!

Head shots need to be serious a mind consistent. That's all I ask as they are dangerous. Chuck gets 4 for a head hit that could end a career and Pinto gets 44 for trying to end his own is weird to me.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
From what I saw, Maurice barely mentioned it aside from when he was directly asked.

Charlie made two bad hits. Especially the second one. Simple as that. The opposing coach has nothing do with it.

Luckily, I’m guessing he will learn. Sometimes you catch head incidentally on a fast moving play. This wasn’t that. Especially on the second hit, Charlie had the time and space to either bypass the hit or the head entirely and didn’t. Just stupid and unnecessary.
Charlie will own what he did and he will adjust. it was reckless and unnecessary and now he’s gotta watch from above and his wallet is a bit lighter.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Could be the kid (Jake) has some significant mental health issues, there are some seemingly pretty distinct changes in his level of play that seem to reflect in his face, his energy.

Debrusk hasn't been nearly so bad as this. A lot of projecting this season by posters with diagnosis of trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad