GDT: Game 9: Sweden Vs Switzerland | 1PM EST 7 PM CET | SWE 5 - 2 SUI

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
20wjc9.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Sweden
Confirmed Tournament

Goaltenders:
ELIASSON Jesper (G)
ALNEFELT Hugo (G)
PORTILLO Erik (G)

Defensemen:
BJORNFOT Tobias (D)
GINNING Adam (D)
BROBERG Philip (D)
NORLINDER Mattias (D)
SANDIN Rasmus (D)
SODERSTROM Victor (D)
LUNDKVIST Nils (D)

Forwards:
HOLTZ Alexander (F)
FAGEMO Samuel (F)
BACK Oskar (F)
RAYMOND Lucas (F)
GUSTAFSSON David (F)
PASIC Nikola (F)
HOGLANDER Nils (F)
HENRIKSSON Karl (F)
GUSTAFSSON Hugo (F)
OBERG Linus (F)
BERGGREN Jonatan (F)
NASSEN Linus (F)

Scratched:

full

Switzerland
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
CHARLIN Stephane(G)
SCHMID Akira (G)
HOLLENSTEIN Luca (G)

Defensemen:
GUGGENHEIM Bastian (D)
MOSER Janis (D)
HENAUER Mika (D)
PEZZULLO Rocco (D)
GROSS Nico (D)
BERNI Tim (D)
AEBISCHER David (D)

Forwards:
GERBER Jeremi (F)
BERRI Fabian (F)
PATRY Stephane (F)
VERBOON Matthew (F)
SCHMID Sandro (F)
KNAK Simon (F)
NUSSBAUMER Valentin (F)
JOBIN Gaetan (F)
METTLER Julian (F)
SALZGEBER Joel (F)
SOPA Kyen (F)
KOHLER Gilian (F)
WETTER Gian-Marco (F)

Scratched:

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Should be a comfortable win for Sweden, but the Swiss have some upset potential in them, similar to last year.

Much more potential than last year when they beat the Swedes. Lack of stars but a very deep and veteran roster with many returning players and many pros among them.

They played very well in their first game but I don't know whether it was effort or the flu but some vets like Gerber or Moser played very poorly, turning over too many pucks. Kazakhstan took advantage and scored three goals with the help of poor goaltending. Since we have three excellent keepers, goaltending worries me much less than those turnovers but if everybody is healthy and on the same page then I don't see why they shouldn't beat the Swedes again.

Some concerns though with potentially flu weakened players and Gross who hardly played in the 3rd period. They can't afford to lose Gross.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Much more potential than last year when they beat the Swedes. Lack of stars but a very deep and veteran roster with many returning players and many pros among them.

They played very well in their first game but I don't know whether it was effort or the flu but some vets like Gerber or Moser played very poorly, turning over too many pucks. Kazakhstan took advantage and scored three goals with the help of poor goaltending. Since we have three excellent keepers, goaltending worries me much less than those turnovers but if everybody is healthy and on the same page then I don't see why they shouldn't beat the Swedes again.

Some concerns though with potentially flu weakened players and Gross who hardly played in the 3rd period. They can't afford to lose Gross.
Sweden has won 49 straight group stage games.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Ok Sweden lets end this at 50 then go win some gold instead. I like the Swiss but i hope Sweden win this one. Not near a sure win at all.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Ok Sweden lets end this at 50 then go win some gold instead. I like the Swiss but i hope Sweden win this one. Not near a sure win at all.

This is the game I can see us lose, not the ones against Slovakia or Kazakstan. So either 49 or it will be 52 and one more year.

I think people talk about this streak with too much negativity overall. Such a streak with different teams every year speak volumes about your program and the ability to develop good pros. I see countries winning three golds in a row in the future, but I don't see this streak ever being beaten. Embrace the history being made instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aahlstroem

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
The emergence of germany in the other group are saving sweden from russia in the quarters. Thanks germany.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
This is the game I can see us lose, not the ones against Slovakia or Kazakstan. So either 49 or it will be 52 and one more year.

I think people talk about this streak with too much negativity overall. Such a streak with different teams every year speak volumes about your program and the ability to develop good pros. I see countries winning three golds in a row in the future, but I don't see this streak ever being beaten. Embrace the history being made instead.

Agree. The negativity is getting a bit ridiculous, one thing is not necessarily connected to the other. Different players every year, different coaching staffs, different preparation, different ice surface. It's not like we took home a bunch of gold medals before this streak started. Let's keep the streak going I'd say. It just proves that we are able to send competitive top-4 finishing teams every year.

Reactions: Slimmy

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017

I think it tells us we got great depth player development but not so much top end plater development. I want next Foppa or Sundin.

And somewere back in there mind this streak might lurk and make them relax after the streak is completed again and play with less focus the more importen games.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The Swiss seem to play Sweden close usually. But I get the feeling sweden's offense was frustrated by Annunen 2 days ago and the Swiss are weaker this year so I'm going to guess 7-1 Sweden.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The Swiss seem to play Sweden close usually. But I get the feeling sweden's offense was frustrated by Annunen 2 days ago and the Swiss are weaker this year so I'm going to guess 7-1 Sweden.

No way we're weaker. We're much better. Much deeper and much more experienced. 13 returning players from last year I guess, many on the roster are established pro players. No superstar but a very deep roster with 3 excellent goalies, 3 elite defenders and 4 dangerous forward lines all able to generate offense. The only weakness is depth on defense but with Berni, Gross and Moser all logging big minutes and Aebischer hopefully playing well we should be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad