Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Leafs vs Blackhawks | Kostka's Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Scarface*

I told you and KNEW IT early on. Wrote about today too. Yesterday also.

I knew that Carlyle and the leafs would lose tonight and that they wouldn't play their best game by intention tonight. They want to save energy for more important games as all these 82 games cannot be won anyway.

I know hockey and my team through out. Should have listened to me.

We will win this same game in the future. With our full lineup Clarkson and Frazer McLaren and Fraser being very important to us and bringing crucial energy boost into our game. Kulemin etc being important too.

I knew it, and won some money by knowing it early on.

iArts

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 3, 2010
Toronto,ON,Canada
Expected this loss honestly.

But I still have one question. Why the **** doesn't anyone play P. Kane physically? He's very small and dances a lot, wouldn't be too hard to catch him. But nobody even tried.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Lupul, Kadri, and JVR were the only players who showed any heart tonight.

A few others showed some effort but nothing worth giving any kudos to.

Our players need to SKATE the puck more. Far too many stretch-passes. Gain some speed by going around the back of the net and use that to either skate through the neutral zone yourself, dump it in and be first to retrieve it, or open up space for someone else.

Bernier allowed another weak goal and a so-so one. Definitely not his best performance, two nights in a row now.

Lots of questionable coaching decisions tonight.

Overall, a terrible effort tonight. I wasn't sure if the first two periods were even hockey. No skating, no shooting, no hitting, no fighting. even had difficulty winning a faceoff (Bozak...). Some change is badly needed. Either call up D'Amigo or put in Brennan or something. Onto Anaheim I guess. Still 6-3.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
I thought Bozak made very nice plays to move the puck forward, and he also passed a beauty cross ice to Kessel in the second but he couldn't finish. How anyone can blame Bozak for this loss is beyond me especially when 3/4's of the team didn't even come to play...

The whole team was crap. But we do have better options for our 1c.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Showing up for just the third period when you're already down 2 goals against the defending Cup Champions is too little too late boys. They showed a bit of push back in the third but again too late.

With the way they played in that second period coupled with the way the Hawks showed up for the second period, the score could have gone into double digits if it weren't for goaltending. Still reserving judgement on this team until we start seeing some regulars back in the line up but I'm missing them a lot right now. It's not unusual to see an influx of rookies step in and do an admirable job but the longer you need to rely on that depth, the slimmer your chances become of keeping up a winning pace.

One more game until Clarkson. Not sure how long more we're without Kulemin or Fraser but I can't wait for Kulemin to come back.

Having to play without a few regulars, coming out with zero intensity for about 8 games in a row is a strange game plan.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Our team gets pumped with 40 shots+ on net with so many of them being quality chances after another and people are blaming goaltending?

Get out of here.

If we had Crawford in net and the Hawks had Bernier this game would be 6-0+ Hawks. Be lucky that you have Bernier...this game had blow out written all over it if not for Bernier.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
What does being a homer have to do with it? They won't fix everything but they'll certainly help. Clarkson can provide good energy, Fraser > Ranger, and Kulemin will help with his defensive play.

They're roleplayers. They're not going to make any difference to us getting half as many shots as the other team. They're not going to drive possession that we're so sorely lacking. They're not going to bring our first line back to life. They're not going to improve our awful transition game.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Expected this loss honestly.

But I still have one question. Why the **** doesn't anyone play P. Kane physically? He's very small and dances a lot, wouldn't be too hard to catch him. But nobody even tried.

He usually doesn't put himself in a position to get hammered. He's a step or two ahead of the play

Azura

Nov 16, 2007
Bernier let in 2 softies.

Benier stinking it up 2 games in a row. Time to bring out Optimus

Are you kidding me? You think Reimer would've done better? I can't believe anyone would blame this loss on Bernier.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Our team gets pumped with 40 shots+ on net with so many of them being quality chances after another and people are blaming goaltending?

Get out of here.

If we had Crawford in net and the Hawks had Bernier this game would be 6-0+ Hawks. Be lucky that you have Bernier...this game had blow out written all over it if not for Bernier.

No matter how you spin it, at the end of the night, Bernier let in 2 softies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad