I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bernier gave us a chance to win.

Ranger was fine this game.. you guys need a scapegoat I guess

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
What a horrible game. What's worse is i made some gutsy picks on pro-line today predicting phi + van to go to OT, NSH + Mtl to go to OT (Which looks like they will be), edmonton to beat ottawa, and if the leafs had beaten Chicago, all i needed was SJ to beat CGY and LA to beat DAL which had a pretty good chance.

Aww man :(

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
why does this team break my heart so?

the first period was pretty good. but then it all breaks apart in the 2nd period, and it was stuff that was killing us last year - really bad changes (way too many leafs playing too many minutes).

we're just standing still, we're not moving, we're not shooting. <<--- this isn't staffing issues, this is a team issue.

we're not smacking, we're not fighting, we're not ANYTHING. it's like the entire team forgot what made them amazing last year.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Cue the homers talking about Clarkson, Kulemin, and Fraser being out. As if they're the difference between the garbage we've seen so far and a serious team.

What does being a homer have to do with it? They won't fix everything but they'll certainly help. Clarkson can provide good energy, Fraser > Ranger, and Kulemin will help with his defensive play.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I came to watch a good effort, I left seeing another 15 minute performance. Gotta get that compete level up the entire game.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
why does this team break my heart so?

the first period was pretty good. but then it all breaks apart in the 2nd period, and it was stuff that was killing us last year - really bad changes (way too many leafs playing too many minutes).

we're just standing still, we're not moving, we're not shooting. <<--- this isn't staffing issues, this is a team issue.

we're not smacking, we're not fighting, we're not ANYTHING. it's like the entire team forgot what made them amazing last year.

This.

JGuardz

Dec 22, 2009
I thought Bozak made very nice plays to move the puck forward, and he also passed a beauty cross ice to Kessel in the second but he couldn't finish. How anyone can blame Bozak for this loss is beyond me especially when 3/4's of the team didn't even come to play...

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Showing up for just the third period when you're already down 2 goals against the defending Cup Champions is too little too late boys. They showed a bit of push back in the third but again too late.

With the way they played in that second period coupled with the way the Hawks showed up for the second period, the score could have gone into double digits if it weren't for goaltending. Still reserving judgement on this team until we start seeing some regulars back in the line up but I'm missing them a lot right now. It's not unusual to see an influx of rookies step in and do an admirable job but the longer you need to rely on that depth, the slimmer your chances become of keeping up a winning pace.

One more game until Clarkson. Not sure how long more we're without Kulemin or Fraser but I can't wait for Kulemin to come back.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We were just completely dominated from the time the game started to the time the game ended. Felt like an AHL vs NHL team out there...

Hawks kept coming in waves one after another and we were completely dominated. I can barely remember any of the ~20 shots on goal we had because they were all harmless.

Thanks to Nazem Kadri's goal that it wasn't a shut out, otherwise it would have been one of the easiest shut outs ever.

Games like this really make me sad...we're so far from being true contenders.

On a positive note, Morgan Rielly looked great again. He's our only hope as far as D goes...just a terrible group of defenseman that get caught in their zone far too often.

Gunnarsson needs to go. Leafs need their bigger bodies back because there was absolutely no one except JvR (sporadically) even trying to get the puck from the corners or battle against the boards whereas the Hawks had every single player involved in the game.

Kessel sucked. It was like watching him vs Boston through the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad