Laval Rocket: Game 9: Laval @ Belleville (Laval Lose 3-0)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not a bad period. But it shows that Laval hasn't played in a week, especially in the last 5-6 minutes of the period. Belleville was more synchronized, having played games during the week.

Reactions: Tyson and ChikN

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
yea Laval looked a bit rusty/sloppy at times but liked the speed from Vejdemo, Poehling and Ylonen. If Poehling doesn't get tripped there behind the net that could have been a real good scoring chance.

Really hope Hillis is just injured as Teasdale who does look quicker then when he was in the Q, he's been pointless in every game so far but the 1st one. I would rather see Hillis on the wing then not at all. But perhaps he's injured and they are just taking it slow with him since they have so many bodies.

I know Marcotte said not to expect to see Ouellet for a little while, so perhaps that's why they brought in the 3 D's this week since hopefully LeGuerrier is off to the OHL camp soon same for Mysak since these kids need to be playing.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Someone please explain to me poehlings usage.. I see him getting very little first line usage... not a good way to grow a young star.. is his health really taking a turn for the worse after his concussion?

I don’t expect huge offensive numbers from him but he should be playing more often!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
LaBate drops them trying to get Olofsson. Only problem is that Baddock was on the ice at the time and Brandon went to challenge him. No one landed any shots. But Baddock took LaBate down quickly.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Someone please explain to me poehlings usage.. I see him getting very little first line usage... not a good way to grow a young star.. is his health really taking a turn for the worse after his concussion?

I don’t expect huge offensive numbers from him but he should be playing more often!

AHL doesn't post any TOI. But Poehling plays in all situations. He's on the PP and on the PK. So he's being used a lot.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

He was up late playing fortnite. He needs his rest.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
the game has no flow, so many stopages, shows how rusty/sloppy they are. They looked like they were getting it going towards the end of the period so hopefully they bounce back in the 3rd.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Who is this guy btw? Why is he playing over other players?

they got him in the trade with Pitt along with Blandisi last year. Good speed, hard working player but is more of a 3rd liner imo. I don't get some of the lines Bouchard has been doing. No way would I put Blandisi on the 4th line, he should be on the 1st with Belzile imo. Move Weal to the wing so Hillis can play.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Who is this guy btw? Why is he playing over other players?

He came over with Blandisi in the trade that sent Riley Barber and Phil Varone to Pittsburgh. Lucchini looked good last year when he came over. Brought energy and produced, as well. Lucchini and Blandisi were extended for one year this past off-season.

He's a good player to have in the AHL. But I would rather have someone else play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad