Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Toffoli time?

8454113567_f2b1d2c31f.jpg

It certainly couldn't hurt :help:

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
We are currently the definition of a team that is just going through the motions.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Hey Suter...Quick now 1-5-2 v Preds w/ GAA near 3. Bernier 6-1 2.0 GAA

At this point, I can't trust Bernier anymore. He's got nothing to play for as long as he's a King. Quick now has a long-term contract so obviously, Bernier knows there isn't gonna be any competition between him and Quick. Trade him already.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Bag skate, bag skate, bag skate, bag skate, bag skate, bag skate.

Anyone that's an ex Oiler is in dress clothes

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Just think, most of LA will be asleep when the Kings get slaughtered in Detroit on Sunday ! I predict a national tv bloodbath!

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Rushing TT or LV up to the NHL right now would only damage their chances at becoming very solid NHL players or at least I believe that is what would happen. I have watched both of these guys (TT more so since he was a 67 but I did see him play a dozen times before as he was coming up) and I don't think that you bring them up just yet.

They are both kids who take time to develop confidence before they can play up to their talents. Bringing them into a difficult situation (the nhl) with a team that is struggling due to injuries and a poor start isn't the best scenario for these kids.

We do have other kids who are ready and would be good call ups but I think we keep on keeping on until we either get WM back or find out that we need to replace him before we do anything massive. That said we could move one of our ancillary bottom 6ers without it killing us.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
At this point, I can't trust Bernier anymore. He's got nothing to play for as long as he's a King. Quick now has a long-term contract so obviously, Bernier knows there isn't gonna be any competition between him and Quick. Trade him already.

Most coaches will play the percentages when a goalie does well against another club. Hell even Terry Murray did this. Suter doesnt look at stats like these.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
A couple more games like that and we are going to really need to shake things up. Hmm, lets see:

Brown-Kopi-Toffoli
Gagne-Carter-Williams
Clifford-Richards-Vey
King-Stoll-Nolan

Trade Penner

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Outshot them 32-14. They also had 19 blocked shots to our 5

No need to fold the franchise just yet

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Rushing TT or LV up to the NHL right now would only damage their chances at becoming very solid NHL players or at least I believe that is what would happen. I have watched both of these guys (TT more so since he was a 67 but I did see him play a dozen times before as he was coming up) and I don't think that you bring them up just yet.

They are both kids who take time to develop confidence before they can play up to their talents. Bringing them into a difficult situation (the nhl) with a team that is struggling due to injuries and a poor start isn't the best scenario for these kids.

We do have other kids who are ready and would be good call ups but I think we keep on keeping on until we either get WM back or find out that we need to replace him before we do anything massive. That said we could move one of our ancillary bottom 6ers without it killing us.

Who are these other kids who are ready?

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Most coaches will play the percentages when a goalie does well against another club. Hell even Terry Murray did this. Suter doesnt look at stats like these.

Because it is stupid thinking. We should be glad our coach doesn't use that line of thinking. You don't play a worse player just because he has ran good in a small sample against a certain team.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Do we really think Toffoli is going to save the day? He's going to be just like any other rookie. With a lot of ups, but a lot more downs. Lets be reality about this for a second.

I don't mind seeing him play a game or whatever.. but we shouldn't expect anything from him just yet.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
It would be nice to know what the Kings are. Are they a low seed playoff team that can't score more than 2 goals a game, or are they a Cup champion that goes 16-4 and scores 3 goals a game?

They've been the former much more than the latter, so, maybe that's what they are. That was yet another game that looked like the regular season last year. And the year before that. And the year before that.

I'm waiting for one team to show up, but I usually see the other team. It's still early though, but it's a short season. I can't get too worried, because they've made the playoffs the last 3 years, being the normal regular season LA Kings, and look what happened last year. If they keep playing this way, they're not going to go far, but that's what was said last year, and a switch was flipped in Game 1 of the playoffs.

If 2012 was nothing more than a one time magical run, that's fine, and completely worth it, even if they never win another game again, but I just want to know. I guess you just have to let the season play out to find out the answer.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
This is the same team that can't finish like last season. We need some production from our bottom six. If Carter or Kopitar don`t score we have no chance of winning!

My feeling is that everyone is just going through the motions until WM gets back. If he means so much for us we are screwed when he retires. We may be the next Hurricans, win the cup and then disappear from the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad