Game 9: Kings vs. Predators Shutout Loss

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
Man one of the worst things about the lockout was potentially not ever getting to see our Stanley Cup winning team come back 100% intact. I have now seen it and it is not been pretty.

Seriously though didn't this team just get four goals in each of the two previous games? So are we really that offensively inept? I think the answer is clear:

Will-ie.....Will-ie.....Will-ie.....

Been saying this for the longest time and im happy to find that some people are finally noticing what the true problem is.

The guy does everything that is unnoticeable by most fans.

I don't care if we come dead last in scoring but defense wins games and the 2 points we get after every game will make me happy.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Thank you, I'm glad someone else is seeing King do Nothing out there. Dude has been useless in every game this season. Not playing the body, not going to the net, not doing the things he needs to do. Time for a sit IMO.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
King has been nothing but down since he started playing in Manchester this year. This was my observation of him back in November:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=56003057&postcount=495

Yeah that's fine. I'm not saying that he is above criticism, or that he's been playing well (he hasn't), but he's still a rookie. His big body (along with Nolan) were as much of a factor to the Kings success last year as the Carter acquisition. He needs to be reminded of that and get back to it, or get sat, not traded because he's off to a bad start to his first full year in the NHL...

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Stanley Cup hangover + long layoff + veteran guys not playing during the lockout = what we're seeing.

That's not counting the loss of 3 of our top 6 D.

I hope people aren't surprised the team is struggling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad