PGT: Game 9: Czech Republic 1 - Russia 2

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well, that was a real good game to watch.

If only the Czechs had some decent defenders they could have won this game.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Well Czechs have no one to blame for them selves, they could have won that game if they actually put lines together to win, balance doesn't win tournaments, it is who gets hot.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Shoulda stacked em sooner, coach.

Fun game, exciting ending, weird goals, weird saves. It had it all.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
I will say you can tell by Zadina reaction after the game and in other games that he is frustrated a lot. Just seems he hasn't received a single pass all tournament.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
What the hell was that defenseman doing throwing it down the boards when nobody was ready?? He had so much time and space

The Czech lack good offensive dmen. Everytime they send it back to the blueline, it's an adventure (and likely a turnover).

Reactions: Czechboy

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Pitty, Czechs didn't score, such a coward Russian play had to be punished. Bragin wouldn't have had any chance to coach any Soviet team, because Soviet teams were all about attack, and this team is 100% shit in attack, despite we have some really nice forwards.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
6 goals (1 in OT) in 4 games for this Czech team. (Counting pre-tournament games as well.)
Unaccetable given the offensive talent this team offers, Varada is a letdown. At least the D played better this game, but they are still very bad.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
I expect that Salda and Cajka will be added to the roster, Machala cut off, AHL line from beginning of the upcoming matches. They need to work on the powerplays.

Otherwise, good game from both sides, I really enjoyed it, hope that it will be close one against Canada tomorrow.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Russia looked awesome in the third and really took over.
Dostal saved us a lot with brilliant saves.
I've enjoyed Kvasnica but don't know what he was doing at the end dumping in corner.
Zadina is an amazing street hockey goalie!
I love how we played. I watch this tournament every year and the big 5 blow us out a lot! We belonged in this match.
Hopefully Varada rethinks how we setup... he needs to get Lauko, Kondlik and Pekar in the Top 6. Also, bring in Jenik and Salda. He has options and needs to use them.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I expect that Salda and Cajka will be added to the roster, Machala cut off, AHL line from beginning of the upcoming matches. They need to work on the powerplays.

Otherwise, good game from both sides, I really enjoyed it, hope that it will be close one against Canada tomorrow.
With the amazing D core we have, good luck.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
I like that Kovalenko kid, he has skill and jam. And I just realized his old man is Andrei Kovalenko. Damn I feel old now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad