PGT: Game 9: Czech Republic 1 - Russia 2

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Bragin should rip the "C" off of Kostin's shoulder and give it to Romanov. Then the Kostin-Kravtsov-Denisenko line should be demoted to the 4th checking line. Kostin is passive and lazy, and his presence has no value. Some people were upset before the tournament when I suggested that Kostin could not be trusted to show up. I wonder what they think after having watched him play. Except for the 1st goal against the Danes, Kravtsov has been virtually invisible. Someone should notify Denisenko that it is not against the rules to pass the puck to a teammate. In the first two games, Denisenko had not attempted a pass to a teammate. Some guys played really well, particularly Romanov and Kovalenko, and in the end, they survived a tough game
I agree with you regarding the Russians #1 line. Kravtsov doesn't touch the puck nearly enough, partially because his linemates don't pass and his D can't seem to make a clean zone exit. Kostin has been very disappointing. In fact, the entire line seems to play in a gear or two lower than they are capable.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Wasn't around for Mrazek (watching WJC since 2015), but he is far better than anything we have had in the last years. As much as Varada and co. botched the lines, this is the one thing I will give him credit for. Starting Dostal was a very pleasant surprise, I expected them to go with Skarek and Patera as the backup.

Oh man! Then you didn't see how tragic the defense and forwards were back then.......our players couldn't keep up with the other teams in terms of skating.....what we have today is a blessing, honestly. It might not look like much progress, but compared to back then it very visible. I first started watching in 2008 (I remember a young Voras and Frolik) and I'm still waiting for a medal :(

Yes agreed. Dostal was a good choice, credit for that.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Oh man! Then you didn't see how tragic the defense and forwards were back then.......our players couldn't keep up with the other teams in terms of skating.....what we have today is a blessing, honestly. It might not look like much progress, but compared to back then it very visible. I first started watching in 2008 (I remember a young Voras and Frolik) and I'm still waiting for a medal :(

Yes agreed. Dostal was a good choice, credit for that.
Haha I think that might be why he is more pessimistic then us. Those days were so bad. I remember 10-1 loss to Sweden one year....

Reactions: Swipes

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Haha I think that might be why he is more pessimistic then us. Those days were so bad. I remember 10-1 loss to Sweden one year....

Agreed. And yet, when he first started posting here he was so full of optimism! I feel like we've corrupted him man, he's become more pessimistic than the two of us put together! :laugh::laugh:

That loss was an absolute low for me as a fan.....

Reactions: czechcanadian

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Agreed. And yet, when he first started posting here he was so full of optimism! I feel like we've corrupted him man, he's become more pessimistic than the two of us put together! :laugh::laugh:

Haha totally! I used to be quite a bit more of a pessimist but it’s easier hockey to watch these days.
That 10-1 loss was insane. I think Russia was actually really bad that year too.
But man, I remember trying to be optimistic about guys like Filip Pyrochta or Petr Sidlik...

Reactions: smitty10 and Swipes

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague

It's true though lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->