GDT: Game 9: Coyotes @ Blues - 6PM - FSAZ

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
You and Cobra must be brothers.:) Let's see where things are at the end of February.
This isn't like other seasons where u can say it's half over, were in 7th so it's done. The matchups are loaded up with these series so we really do need to play the whole season to see where we're at.

8 of our last 10 games are against LA and SJ. Two games before that are against MINN. We legitimately could rack up 20 points in the last 12 and pass MIN for 4th.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Excited to see the Yotes go up against a good team that's not Vegas. Would like to see if there is a difference, since some teams just the Yotes a problem for whatever reason.

Reactions: Name Nameless

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
What's with all the negativity? The season is still early. I'm just happy to be watching a Yotes game again, going through withdrawal.
upload_2021-2-2_12-51-58.jpeg

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I like what I have seen from some film I watched on Hunt. Excited to see what he brings... could be a late bloomer of sorts.
Hope he gets some powerplay time. Glad to see him and Hayden both get in. We should be rotating people in and out even if we were healthy. Keep Fish and Cags hungry with occasional scratch. Add bigger names to the scratch list to wake people up as needed.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

This line makes too much sense -- not just because of playstyle (which also makes sense) but also because these guys are young and could / should be playing together for YEARS.

The very best / truly dominant lines in hockey (BOS 1, COL 1 etc) are always together for multiple years. I would argue hard that part of the reason that MacK, Bergeron, Pasta etc broke out was because they developed next level chemistry with their linemates over the years they played together. We're already committed to Keller and Schmaltz long term and all of us hope we commit to Garland sometime soon, imo this gives the best chance for all of them to succeed offensively / get to the ~point per game they need to justify the contracts.

Playstyle make sense too, Schmaltz and Keller can be creative in the o-zone, Garland can win every single puck battle and start grinding if needed. Defense is weak but if you keep these guys together they should be able to figure out how to defend the puck.

Again, this line makes too much sense and I'll watch as much as I can tonight. Hopefully Tocchet is smart enough to actually give them a fair shot over multiple games

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This isn't like other seasons where u can say it's half over, were in 7th so it's done. The matchups are loaded up with these series so we really do need to play the whole season to see where we're at.

8 of our last 10 games are against LA and SJ. Two games before that are against MINN. We legitimately could rack up 20 points in the last 12 and pass MIN for 4th.
We haven't taken care of business so far. I know what you are saying, but we can not dig our self a deep hole and expect to make the playoffs. We are hopefully a bubble team up to the end.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Playstyle make sense too, Schmaltz and Keller can be creative in the o-zone, Garland can win every single puck battle
Garland is tiny, and he'll get no support from the other two. This will be a short-lived experiment.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad