GDT: Game 9: Coyotes @ Blues - 6PM - FSAZ

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Retain 50%? And by next week we'll be about 25% way through the year so cap space is beginning to open up a little bit.

If that deal is there, sure. Doubt it is at this time though. What team is a for sure buyer that needs a top 4 D and has the cap space to do it?

Other concern is who plays in his absence. OEL is coming back. So is Bush but he’s not as good as Goose. What if someone else gets hurt? We saw what Gross is tonight. And I suspect Soda is in Tucson unless he blows the doors off. They won’t be shipping him back and forth.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Garland really reminds me of Marchand in just about every facet. Not one single elite skillset, but great at all of them and has more heart and grit than players three times his size. He is sneaky, a playmaker, a puck hound and a pest. Seems to make everyone around him better. I was looking at Marchand's trajectory and he took some major steps in his third or fourth season, going from a 40ish point forward to a 50-60. Then eclipsed the 70's once Pasta and that top line really clicked. Pastrnak really was the final piece to that line. Wondering if something similar could happen is Maccelli pans out and is able to translate that laser shot and hands to the big league.
Gartland-Dvo-Maccelli already got me dreaming big things haha.

technoviking

Whatever's Clever
Aug 14, 2013
Scottsdale
Garland really reminds me of Marchand in just about every facet. Not one single elite skillset, but great at all of them and has more heart and grit than players three times his size. He is sneaky, a playmaker, a puck hound and a pest. Seems to make everyone around him better. I was looking at Marchand's trajectory and he took some major steps in his third or fourth season, going from a 40ish point forward to a 50-60. Then eclipsed the 70's once Pasta and that top line really clicked. Pastrnak really was the final piece to that line. Wondering if something similar could happen is Maccelli pans out and is able to translate that laser shot and hands to the big league.
Gartland-Dvo-Maccelli already got me dreaming big things haha.

the real difference between the two is marchand’s shot

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
If that deal is there, sure. Doubt it is at this time though. What team is a for sure buyer that needs a top 4 D and has the cap space to do it?

Other concern is who plays in his absence. OEL is coming back. So is Bush but he’s not as good as Goose. What if someone else gets hurt? We saw what Gross is tonight. And I suspect Soda is in Tucson unless he blows the doors off. They won’t be shipping him back and forth.
I honestly think Bush might be better than Goose at this point. Goose doesn't contribute much offensively anymore. Bush plays a sound defensive game, and Tocc was talking about how in shape he is. Body fat ratio is the best he's ever been at. He's been a good partner with OEL. Goose doesn't pair well with anyone except Hammer. And Hammer is a good partner with everyone.

Not sure about teams. Maybe there isn't a deal to be made but I'd pursue it. Have it in place for when OEL is back. Gross as 7D. Capo Soderstrom are there if we have 2 dmen injured.

Reactions: 0point1 and XX

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don’t agree with the premise (he was a great partner for Chychrun too) but if he is worse than Bush we won’t be able to trade him.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I don’t agree with the premise (he was a great partner for Chychrun too) but if he is worse than Bush we won’t be able to trade him.
He has not been a good partner with him this year. That's why Gross took that spot.

And that's why I want to move him ASAP. I really think Bush will outplay him, simply by not making as many mistakes. All of LD are offense leaning, pairing Bush with them should be better than Goose.

We need to get our defense at least somewhat figured out soon or they'll continue to cost us games. All of our key young forwards are looking really good but it's the defensive play costing us games.

SCT

May 6, 2015
He has not been a good partner with him this year. That's why Gross took that spot.

And that's why I want to move him ASAP. I really think Bush will outplay him, simply by not making as many mistakes. All of LD are offense leaning, pairing Bush with them should be better than Goose.

We need to get our defense at least somewhat figured out soon or they'll continue to cost us games. All of our key young forwards are looking really good but it's the defensive play costing us games.

Chychrun does make some questionable pinches and jumping into the play that makes Goligoski look bad sometimes. He has been fine this year so far. This team is much better than their record thus far.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Yeah I don't see Garland as having the power base to ever really do that, but you never know.

Good points. Garland can only pot in so many with his face each season too. He still has managed to find a way to get to 48 in 123 games. A pace of 32 inn a full season. I highly tops out at Marchand's level but even a step below would be fantastic.

Reactions: Surfshop

technoviking

Whatever's Clever
Aug 14, 2013
Scottsdale
Good points. Garland can only pot in so many with his face each season too. He still has managed to find a way to get to 48 in 123 games. A pace of 32 inn a full season. I highly tops out at Marchand's level but even a step below would be fantastic.

I see the similarities and it’s a decent, hopeful comp. There’s just no way garland ever has a shot like marchands.

Reactions: Surfshop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad