GDT: Game 9: Coyotes @ Blues - 6PM - FSAZ

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
No there wasn't a rona quarantine, we just didn't play for 5 days.

:coyotes
@
:blues
6PM
FSAZ (might be plus too lazy to actually check)

Till he stubs his toe in the tunnel and is week to week with hairline fractures.

Through season ticket holders.

...and lots of sanitizer

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Lyubushkin really didnt play much for his KHL team. Like 5 games out of 50. Whether that was due to paperwork, coronavirus, politics or just being a backup I dont know. All a bit strange.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yotes need to start this road trip off in the right way...need a win!
Hate to say it but the Yotes have already dug themselves a deep hole. They are seventh in their division, and it's going to be real hard to climb out if they shit the bed on this trip. This is a tough trip. We come back home for a eight game homestand but we have been anything but dominate. End of Feb. is almost the halfway point of the season and probably a good indication if we are a playoff team or not.

Reactions: Surfshop

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hate to say it but the Yotes have already dug themselves a deep hole. They are seventh in their division, and it's going to be real hard to climb out if they shit the bed on this trip. This is a tough trip. We come back home for a eight game homestand but we have been anything but dominate. End of Feb. is almost the halfway point of the season and probably a good indication if we are a playoff team or not.

Only 3 pts out of playoff spot. We need to grab 6 pts on the road trip to stay close. Play .500 against the good teams and kick the shit out of the Cali teams should be good enough for the playoffs.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Only 3 pts out of playoff spot. We need to grab 6 pts on the road trip to stay close. Play .500 against the good teams and kick the shit out of the Cali teams should be good enough for the playoffs.
With a .438 winning percentage. No where good enough.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
With a .438 winning percentage. No where good enough.

Oh, I agree. If we play .500 against the good teams and say .750 against the "bad" teams we should get in. I'm not saying we necessarily CAN do it, just pointing out a pathway. This road trip will be very telling. If we lose all 6 the season is effectively over.

Reactions: Name Nameless

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Too early to tell maybe even after this trip. Once we get OEL back and Bush in the line up, we should be a bit better. The wildcard is Chych/keller/Schmaltz/DVO/Hayton. They all have upside to improve and generate the goal scoring we are desperately lacking. If they improve and our D/goal tending holds, we could be a playoff team. They might/should/could get better as the season moves along.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Oh, I agree. If we play .500 against the good teams and say .750 against the "bad" teams we should get in. I'm not saying we necessarily CAN do it, just pointing out a pathway. This road trip will be very telling. If we lose all 6 the season is effectively over.
When have we ever played.750 consistently?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Too early to tell maybe even after this trip. Once we get OEL back and Bush in the line up, we should be a bit better. The wildcard is Chych/keller/Schmaltz/DVO/Hayton. They all have upside to improve and generate the goal scoring we are desperately lacking. If they improve and our D/goal tending holds, we could be a playoff team. They might/should/could get better as the season moves along.
There are only 56 games this year. At the end of Feb. is the halfway point of the schedule. Every fan base is saying the same thing thinking they have plenty of time. I guess you are a little more confident in me, but in my opinion, Feb. is going to be key for us making the playoffs this year. We don't have the talent to dig out of a deep hole.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm thinking the only Blues that the Coyotes can handle are the ones they'll be singing after tonight's loss. :sarcasm:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
There are only 56 games this year. At the end of Feb. is the halfway point of the schedule. Every fan base is saying the same thing thinking they have plenty of time. I guess you are a little more confident in me, but in my opinion, Feb. is going to be key for us making the playoffs this year. We don't have the talent to dig out of a deep hole.
I'm not confident we will make the playoffs, its just too early to count us out, even by the end of February unless we tank the month. We have Kuemper, OEL will be back, Bush could help our back end, young guys could keep improving as the season moves along. It seems like our offence has better puck possession and more scoring chances in general than recent years, without looking at fancy stats. Team D's are not in sync, so it could get tougher to score, we shall see. I would like to see the D shore up and scoring improve, it could happen, my biggest worry is RT, I have never seen this team in 3+ years play up to their ability or surpass it, outside of great goal tending which isn't coaching.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yes. .250 against a team that could very well be the best team in the league. Far too early to draw conclusions about our .438 winning percentage imo.
Like I mentioned, this month, I think, will go a long ways in deciding if we make the playoffs or not.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm not confident we will make the playoffs, its just too early to count us out, even by the end of February unless we tank the month. We have Kuemper, OEL will be back, Bush could help our back end, young guys could keep improving as the season moves along. It seems like our offence has better puck possession and more scoring chances in general than recent years, without looking at fancy stats. Team D's are not in sync, so it could get tougher to score, we shall see. I would like to see the D shore up and scoring improve, it could happen, my biggest worry is RT, I have never seen this team in 3+ years play up to their ability or surpass it, outside of great goal tending which isn't coaching.
A lot of "ifs".

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Half of our games have been against Vegas. It's way too early to say we're almost out of things.

Going like 750 against the California teams, win the season series or tie vs Minnesota and go like 300-400 against COL, VGS, and STL and we should be good.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Half of our games have been against Vegas. It's way too early to say we're almost out of things.

Going like 750 against the California teams, win the season series or tie vs Minnesota and go like 300-400 against COL, VGS, and STL and we should be good.
You and Cobra must be brothers.:) Let's see where things are at the end of February.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We're not a great team. We knew that coming out of the off-season where we sold off guys for futures, replaced them with bandaids, tried to trade our captain, and let a bunch of guys walk.

I think there are some encouraging signs between what they seem to be scheming, and a higher level of compete (though still too inconsistent). Both those things are big, particularly the last bit. If they actually come to work everynight, steal a game here and there and beat the teams they should beat, they are in the mix. It's a short season. Injures will affect clubs more than usual. Stuff happens.

I don't think we'll make the playoffs, but it's not entirely impossible. Even that would have been considered an extremely optimistic view at New Year's heading into the season.

If they come to work, maybe. If they don't, there is likely going to be some sacred cows moved, and weeping and gnashing of teeth from some of you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad