GDT: Game 9: Columbus vs. Montreal | 11/4 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Before this season began, I expected the wild swings that came with a youthful team. I never expected an outcome like tonight, but I still expect potholes and head-slappers this season. I will take it. It is encouraging. Yes, all the national media talk is about the Canadians. But it is a step. This team is building something. Enjoy this on the flight to STL. Get some sleep and lets go again.

Good, I guess they'll need to keep playing this to win some respect.

What kind of mindset do we want the guys to wake up with tomorrow? To my mind, the answer is clearly the same mindset they woke up with today. Put that in a bottle.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
That makes us 5 3 1 in 9.. I guess the mindset is lets do that again, and again and again. ha

That was the first game that I have watched the entire 60 minutes of this year and I have to say it beats the hell out of listening on the radio:

1) Our Dmen have become offensive weapons. This Nuttavarra has me thinking that Talapawhatever might actually know what the **** he is talking about..(ha ha)

2) I get that our special teams are playing out of their friggin minds right now.. but there is a reason for this.. the drop entry into the zone - I actually see the three options that Werenski mentioned.. that drop pass and cross ice pass is especially sweet. The spacing and the passing really is a thing of beauty. Having the play from behind the net.. does screw the defense up and out of position

3) To the broadcast.. Rimer is rimer.. but the telestrator and teaching really made sense to me for the first time. Maybe I am just getting used to it. For the first time i could atually see hockey plays being run by the Union Blue and they worked

4) The Habs have such a good team.. they have to frickin livid right now. Weber is going to hurt someone in the next 24 hours

5) Our youth isn't out of place right now.. hopefully they can keep their legs and their intensity. ZW is really a calming influence but JA/ LK and MN all had some good moments

6) Dubi & Jenner are going to come around... Wenneberg is a tough hombre.. who knew

major major

Feb 18, 2013
A couple more things to gloat over:

I was thinking we'd have a great defense... in a couple more years. After the first couple games they have been really impressive. Maybe they're better than I thought?

Foligno and Wennberg are 3rd and 4th in points per game, after one Sidney Patrick Crosby and Jeff Skinner. Pretty good for a couple third liners. :sarcasm: You think Porty will stop calling Wennberg a third liner now?

Of course, momma always said don't make global evaluations after ten-to-zero victories.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
CwfbIYmXEAAiaZS.jpg

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
As a rangers fan who despises the Habs and their fans more than anything on this earth, this was the best non-Rangers game I've seen since the Caps lost in game 6 last year.

Also still love Torts so that doesn't hurt. As an aside I see you guys making the playoffs this year. I never bought into all the Blue Jackets hype from 2013-2015 on this board (and there was plenty of it, a lot on the Rangers board), but this team is performing pretty well under the radar.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Such an awesome game to be at, we got there when it was 2-0 and still saw 8 goals. I don't think I've seen 8 goals in the history of going to jackets games and then I see 8 goals in 1 game. Definitely worth the price of admission. Also I loved how the U. S. A current turned into we want 10, the guy next to me didn't know what they were saying until I informed him

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
watching the replay on my DVR....stuck working nights for a while

After watching the tripping call Tim banana Peel made on Bob, "the more things, change, the more they stay the same"

What a joke of a call

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
That was a great game to be at.

Interesting pre-game as well. Had dinner and a few beers at Bar Louie, and there were quite a few Habs fans and Nebraska fans there. Habs fans were quiet and polite, but Nebraska fans broke into a few chants which were met with OH - IO!

This game was, quite literally, unbelievable. I have seen the CBJ break out to a few 2 - 3 goal leads and it seems like they would always then just play not to lose. Of course we all know how leads would then sometimes evaporate.

Not last night.

They stormed out to a three goal lead with that first period burst and never took their foot off the gas. They never let Montreal grab any kind of momentum. That was just a beautiful thing to see.

What can I say about Werenski. That kid is just so calm with the puck. He just always seems to know what to do with it. He is so fluid and smooth. And finally we have a guy running the PP that can get the puck to the net.

Speaking of the PP, isn't it nice when we get a PP that we actually think we can score rather then when we talked about wishing we could decline the penalty?

Well, we did have to get a little cooperation from the Habs. They came out sleep walking, and the CBJ never let them recover. I felt bad for Montoya. He let in a few softies, but the poor guy got no help what-so-ever from his teammates. Ten goals, and remember we had another called back, and hit two posts, and a crossbar.

I was at the 8-1 win against St. Louis, the 8-2 win in Detroit, and now this one. Last night was the most fun, but the win in Detroit was probably the most memorable for me. Just being at the 8-2 win at the Joe was something special.

On a side note. Had a Habs fan sitting across the aisle from me. On about the sixth goal, he started cheering for the CBJ. Kinda funny.

slacketbacker

Oct 25, 2005
USA
Day in the life of a season ticket holder:

My last 13 hours: best Jackets day ever.
Went to game saying "we need to make a statement tonight"
Laughed in disbelief as we tore it up in the 1st period
Cussed loudly at the NHL and their refs on the Bob tripping call
Hugged and high-fived every person in our section through the 2nd
Drank with friends and watched the game in the "blue-line bar" for the third
Got home, watched it again plus post game interviews
Woke up and read every article I could find about the game
Love that the rest of the NHL only talks about the Habs - like we didn't exist
Just you wait NHL. The jackets are playing better than you will believe!
What a wonderful overdue start to the season!
Go Jackets! Surprise every team in 2016!:yo:

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I have actually been decently impressed by Markus Nuutivarra in the last couple games. There was one pinch in on the offensive side I believe against Dallas with a couple good moments/passes in the offensive side. He doesn't seem to be making too many stupid/dangerous passes that I remember our D-men doing in past years lately as well.

Last night he he had his first NHL point and started firing the puck on the net especially in the 3rd period. He had one really good chance too. You could just sense that he WANTED to get his 1st NHL goal.

I don't think he'll ever be a #1 pairing defenseman by any means, but he's playing solid hockey.

On a side note- Goodness gracious, It is so freaking nice to have a semblance of #1 pairing defenseman for once.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
What did you guys think of the Murray - Johnson pairing?

It was good, but Murray still doesn't look good out there. He looked like he was trying to not get hurt (shying away from contact) instead of just playing.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
And here, I thought this game might be a goaltending duel (at least before I found out that Montoya was starting).

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Arena sounds dead on tv.......

looks sparse in lower bowl also

There was a 'Tunnel of Pride' before the game so a lot of STH (including myself) were late getting into the seats. Lower bowl was still somewhat sparse on the upper part of the ends though.

Yo just checking in :laugh:

Heckuva time to check in :)

Probably good for somebody's fantasy team. :D

WOOHOO! :D :vhappy:

Won $300 on Fanduel last night.. would have been more had I included Wennberg in my lineup :amazed:

"We Want Ten" chant. I love it. :D

Best part of the night. Never in my life did I think I would be apart of something so awesome.. crowd was lit.

Yes and Donald just said the Jackets victory was HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE

Well done. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad