GDT: Game 9: Columbus vs. Montreal | 11/4 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
Tomorrow night's game will be interesting. They come off this pretty much perfect game, hit the road to play a very good St. Louis team and battle them for 3 periods and you might have the makings of a real transformation.

Sabo0290

Lost along the wing
Aug 28, 2015
Dayton
I was hoping to be able to make a "this cannon goes to 11" reference.

I hadn't really thought of any clever posts beyond that other than a U2 reference if they scored 14.

Uno, dos, tres, catorce?

Either way. Helluva game. Fun to see something insane happen FOR the Jackets. Sad Jenner couldn't find one in there to open up.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Hey... Jackets...

1dkbos.jpg

We could use some..

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Not rubbing salt in the would at all, but checking out the GDT for this game on the Canadiens board is great for lots of laughs.
They accepted how bad it was, and gave credit to CBJ and the home crowd for being professional.

chaking

Oct 10, 2007
Seattle
Not that it wasn't already bad, but after Wenneberg got the high stick, the timing on the following 2 scores was gut wrenching for mtl I'm sure. The first one went in with 2:01 left in the double, and the second with 19s left - ugh, dagger.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I don't have the schedule in front of me, do the Jackets come to Raleigh this year?

Also, is either of you a Checkers or Hurricanes season ticket holder now that you live down there?

First time Jackets visit Raleigh is in Jan.

Can't get into the Canes. I tried and failed. I have been to the arena a lot but rarely as a Canes fan. I think it's the Ric Flair goal celebration thing. It's so stupid.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Edit: Nevermind, twas just a bridge!

I don't know if they caught it on FSO, but it's hard to get over Wennberg losing a tooth and staying out there. They call the penalty, he skates to the bench and hands them his tooth, and then he goes back out there for the powerplay, taking the faceoff about 20 seconds after the high stick in the mouth. And of course he gets his third assist on that powerplay and a fourth assist later in the night.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Interesting observation... 10 goals tonite is awesome; but 19 goals allowed is lowest in the league right now.

Such a weird night to wrap my head around.

The Jackets not only move into 1st in GA, but they pass the previous 1st place team by scoring 10 on them, moving them from 14 to 24. For Montreal that's a 70% increase in GA!

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Before this season began, I expected the wild swings that came with a youthful team. I never expected an outcome like tonight, but I still expect potholes and head-slappers this season. I will take it. It is encouraging. Yes, all the national media talk is about the Canadians. But it is a step. This team is building something. Enjoy this on the flight to STL. Get some sleep and lets go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad