Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Chicago Blackhawks 1-0 Anaheim Ducks OT | Crow SO Again - Toews GWG Again

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
You're right, they continued to play poorly after the change away from TT was made.

And yet, despite still playing poorly, they jumped to 50+% CF when TT was taken off that line.

Hmmmmmm....

Also Vermette and Sharp played a very different type of game than Toews and Hossa, and they did so against weaker competition.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Sample size. You know this.

Yeah, but we're approaching the 10 game mark and Teuvo has looked mediocre to bad everywhere he's played 5v5, while Tikhonov has increased the possession of every line he's played on.

Id rather give him more time on the top line and wait for the shooting percentage to regress than mix things up now on the hope that TT magically rediscovers his game on the top line.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
As soon as Teuvo starts showing he belongs on that top line spot, Ill be vocally pining for it as loud as anybody.

But shooting percentage aside, Im pretty happy with the Toews line the last few games.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
..what will happen once the other teams shooting % hits normal levels……..

What happens when ours does?

We have the third worst shooting percentage in the league at 4.3% currently.

Won't stay that way forever.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But the Hawks of recent years were never good at shooting %.....it was only because we were good at shot generation and way out -shooting teams that we were considered a power team with a top level 9ffense..but clearly we cannot generate enough shots on goal now...blame it on Keith not be g there to help our transition game ...except that the Keith we got to start this year was not his normal level (as we now know he was injured and eventually taken out of the line-up for surgery to fix the problem....but even when he gets back,will we see the normal Keith or will the effects of surgery hamper him and for how long?)....so there is great concern about our lack of offense....

ALSO...not liking our 4th line...credit Shaw last night for his compete and back-checking saves to bust up plays...but not liking Kruger and Desjardins "efforts"...Not doing the job as 4th line ...too much time in our zone...not enough "energy" and pressure in the o-zone...Kruger frankly is meh to stinking and even got clobbered I the face-off duels last night...Putrid offense from the 4th line this year...Not cutting it...As to third line...Garbutt has ebergy and speed but zero scoring ability..TT over-passed and has not been crisp in passing gas well..so 2 deadly problems there and he needs to become a shooter first to take advantage if his shot...not waste it...he needs to be more assertive/selfish ...and do it himself....not try for pretty padding plays that get busted up..he needs to generate shots by skating more north south than east west ...speed rush strict and fire away ...Hinostrozza provides speed and energy and compete but so far has not 9vercome the size disadvantage abd has yet to demonstrate he too can generate enough shots on goal to be effective.

The Hawks were not a great shooting team for a few years now..and my complaint was that to score 4 or more goals we usually needed to generate 40+ shots and still that requires a 10% or more shooting % ...at 4.3% now we would need a bit under 100 shots...So yes our shooting g%must get back to a normal 8-9 % ...but we also need a lot more shot generation.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
TT has been awful, and I don't put any blame on his linemates for it. Hinostroza doesn't look that great, but he isn't the reason why TT is terrible.

Garbutt looks great out there, and I would argue the reason he isn't getting points is because he is playing with TT and Hinostroza.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
TT has been awful, and I don't put any blame on his linemates for it. Hinostroza doesn't look that great, but he isn't the reason why TT is terrible.

Garbutt looks great out there, and I would argue the reason he isn't getting points is because he is playing with TT and Hinostroza.

There is no hunger whatsoever in TT's game. Looks like he thinks he can get by with his skill alone - Q needs to act soon if it continues.

The benching of Garbutt has worked wonders for his game. Is it TT's turn? It's getting there.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
There is no hunger whatsoever in TT's game. Looks like he thinks he can get by with his skill alone - Q needs to act soon if it continues.

The benching of Garbutt has worked wonders for his game. Is it TT's turn? It's getting there.

TT goes down and Dano comes up?

Please dont replace TT with Bickel

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Is there a reason why Hinoztroga (sp?) is up? I'd rather play TT at center and let him learn. Bring Dano up on TT or 19s wing.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Back to back shutouts without Keith...makes you think.

Makes you think #50 has stepped up big time in Keith's absence. Shouldn't be thinking much more than that.

The Hawks are playing exactly like how they played when Kane went down at the end of last year. They're locking down and playing defense first hockey.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
Makes you think #50 has stepped up big time in Keith's absence. Shouldn't be thinking much more than that.

The Hawks are playing exactly like how they played when Kane went down at the end of last year. They're locking down and playing defense first hockey.

Yes, and I have no doubt guys are pressing out there to make up for missing their best defender.

You see it often in other sports (with good teams). The best (or a great) player goes down, and the entire team steps up their game in the absence of said player.

I'm glad to see the Hawks playing responsible hockey over the past few games. We can't afford to be TOO AGGRESSIVE in the offensive zone which can cause great opportunities for the other team.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
What do you guys think of a Keith-TvR pairing when he comes back?
Honestly, I would be fine keeping TvR and Hammer together. They have been more than fine. But Trevor can handle the top minutes, and he has shown that. Hmmm.
Keith-?
Hammer-Trevor
Seabs-Sved

I guess Daley would go with Keith. But don't they play the same side? It could be good for Daley. They are both Offensive guys, but Keith can cover for Daley, and maybe he starts to feel more comfortable.

I dont know.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What do you guys think of a Keith-TvR pairing when he comes back?
Honestly, I would be fine keeping TvR and Hammer together. They have been more than fine. But Trevor can handle the top minutes, and he has shown that. Hmmm.
Keith-?
Hammer-Trevor
Seabs-Sved

I guess Daley would go with Keith. But don't they play the same side? It could be good for Daley. They are both Offensive guys, but Keith can cover for Daley, and maybe he starts to feel more comfortable.

I dont know.

I would like to keep him with Hammer. Svedberg is not a risk taker so pair him with Daley so he can be aggressive.

2-7
4-57
43-6

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
any of you get frustrated watching Svedberg play and be less physical. He could literally blow people through the glass, and yet gets abused by smaller players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad