Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Chicago Blackhawks 1-0 Anaheim Ducks OT | Crow SO Again - Toews GWG Again

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Hinostroza is out playing tuevo and we should send him down? I just disagree with that. Tuevo is the worst performer on his line right now

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Who plays 3C then? I keep the lineup as is or slot TT at 3C and call up Dano to play 3RW and leave him at center for the duration of the year. Can't keep flipping around with this dilemma. I personally like him better at wing.

what about trying Dano at C? with TT and garb?

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Hino isn't bad at all. I think maybe Tik and TT should switch. Give Hino a stronger guy on his line, let TT dangle with two guys that can get the puck back for him

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hinostroza is out playing tuevo and we should send him down? I just disagree with that. Tuevo is the worst performer on his line right now

Hinostroza has been pretty bad. I think putting TT at center and bringing up Dano might be the best option. Hinostroza tries to do to much and it kills the line. Dano has a bit of grid to go with his skills so might be a better fit.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Teuvo is capable of more. Playing him with Garbutt and Hino isn't going to get it out of him. I just want those two off the same line. I'd be more than fine with throwing Tikhonov on the third line and slotting Teuvo up top.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Teuvo is capable of more. Playing him with Garbutt and Hino isn't going to get it out of him. I just want those two off the same line. I'd be more than fine with throwing Tikhonov on the third line and slotting Teuvo up top.

I agree but for TT to work with the top line Q MUST give it time because TT is very cerebral and will take time to adjust to 19/81.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011

I agree he can be so much more and maybe he has the wrong line mates for his style. id like to see him have more of a shoot first mentality. Nothing gets you out of a slump quicker than firing as many pucks at the net as possible.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Hinostroza has been pretty bad. I think putting TT at center and bringing up Dano might be the best option. Hinostroza tries to do to much and it kills the line. Dano has a bit of grid to go with his skills so might be a better fit.

I must be watching something else because I think he has been playing well along with Garbutt while TT has been a passenger.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I must be watching something else because I think he has been playing well along with Garbutt while TT has been a passenger.

I'm seeing that as well

We all view the game differently but there is a reason he is playing the least on the team. He fails to get the puck deep a lot. TT needs people to cutting through the lanes and moving and Hino seems to watch a bit.

I think Hinostraza has really good 3rd line energy guy potential but he has to simplify his game and us his speed a lot more.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Teuvo started the season on the top line.

It's pretty clear from that alone that Q likes the idea of him up there.

Unfortunately for TT, it was a disaster. That line had 38% and 33% possession when he was playing with them. That is not just bad, that is horrifying.

And since being moved, he's done nothing to demonstrate he deserves to be moved back up. He hasn't been playing particularly well at all.

Tikhonov has been playing great on the Toews line. He's a bulldog along the wall, solid defensively, and he's been piling up chances. Nothing has gone in for him yet, but the dam will break eventually if he keeps getting the chances he's been getting.

ONly thing I can say for TT is that I think he should play center, rather than Hino.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Hinostraza reminded me of Kane a bit on a zone entry tonight, except his linemate could handle the pass.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Teuvo started the season on the top line.

It's pretty clear from that alone that Q likes the idea of him up there.

Unfortunately for TT, it was a disaster. That line had 38% and 33% possession when he was playing with them. That is not just bad, that is horrifying.

And since being moved, he's done nothing to demonstrate he deserves to be moved back up. He hasn't been playing particularly well at all.

Tikhonov has been playing great on the Toews line. He's a bulldog along the wall, solid defensively, and he's been piling up chances. Nothing has gone in for him yet, but the dam will break eventually if he keeps getting the chances he's been getting.

ONly thing I can say for TT is that I think he should play center, rather than Hino.

Those samples are also coming from when Toews and Hossa were playing terrible and they continued to play poorly after changes were made. It take time for a line to gel and Toews-Hossa-TT will take a few games but it will work and work well because TT has amazing setup ability and Hossa/Toews will crash the net. If we need an example just look at TT-Vermette-Sharp in the later rounds of the playoffs.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Those samples are also coming from when Toews and Hossa were playing terrible and they continued to play poorly after changes were made. It take time for a line to gel and Toews-Hossa-TT will take a few games but it will work and work well because TT has amazing setup ability and Hossa/Toews will crash the net. If we need an example just look at TT-Vermette-Sharp in the later rounds of the playoffs.

You're right, they continued to play poorly after the change away from TT was made.

And yet, despite still playing poorly, they jumped to 50+% CF when TT was taken off that line.

Hmmmmmm....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad