GDT: Game 9 - CBJ at TML - 21 Oct, 7pm

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
38th in the league.... SV%.. One can't pick and choose games or series of games... He's playing decent with a .905.. He's getting better every game...
He’s playing great. One thing you have to consider is who we have played . This includes facing Toronto 2x, Buffalo, Anaheim, Carolina , Dallas, and the Islanders . A couple of those games our defense was a train wreck . Last night , Toronto could have have 4 or 5 goals in the first period .

Reactions: thebus88

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
He’s playing great. One thing you have to consider is who we have played . This includes facing Toronto 2x, Buffalo, Anaheim, Carolina , Dallas, and the Islanders . A couple of those games our defense was a train wreck . Last night , Toronto could have have 4 or 5 goals in the first period .

Don't forget giving up 7 to Pittsburgh

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
38th in the league.... SV%.. One can't pick and choose games or series of games... He's playing decent with a .905.. He's getting better every game...

One can when one is replying to one who said, "Korpisalo is playing decent of late..... He gets better every game...". You didn't say he is playing decent this year. You said he is playing decent of late which means our most recent games.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Man, Sirius XM NHL Radio this morning was driving the salt truck over the Leafs loss last night..

Very little credit to CBJ.. mostly just Leafs beat themselves, yada yada

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Man, Sirius XM NHL Radio this morning was driving the salt truck over the Leafs loss last night..

Very little credit to CBJ.. mostly just Leafs beat themselves, yada yada
Well. They kinda did.
But the Jackets deserved credit for staying in it.
A good road win.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
One team can finish the opportunities they earn. The other can’t. And that’s why we lost.

we always give up goals at the end of periods and it’s maddening

HAHAHAHAHAHA

My laughter is also directed to many more posts and posters.

Its definitely gonna be a LONG SEASON.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
DRW fan here

YFw2e7VylSQkw8hz_FhYTW3E2DogDsUb8FaHHLIS6To.gif

was rooting for leafs but happy to see nyquist deliver the goods

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
OK, I'm confused about something regarding the new rules.

After Toronto dislodged their own net, that brings up one of the new situations where things are treated like icing -- no line change, attacking team chooses the faceoff dot.

Well, Toronto's center got kicked out of the faceoff. If that happens after an icing, isn't that supposed to be delay of game? Is that not right? Does that rule not carry over to this situation?

Thoughts?

Here's my thoughts..... that should have been a f***ing delay of game penalty.

Clear as day call. If you think that was accidental, you don't deserve to be a ref in the NHL. Couldn't believe it wasn't called, then of course TOR scores right after.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
To help the CBJ gain possession of the puck by winning the faceoff.

Which he did.
And if he didn’t we lose. Having a bad year and his +\- reflects that. Yeah yeah yeah it doesn’t matter it’s a worthless stat wellJenner is usually towards the top in +\- but this year he is dead last.

he’s not a guy I want out there in overtime, but hey we won.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
A bit more complicated than that.

"The first official game sheet cited Marner for “coverage of puck in the crease.” Leafs coach Mike Babcock was told it was hooking, though, and a second sheet reflected that even though Marner did also appear to cover the puck with his glove in front of goalie Frederik Andersen."

I don't know how you have different versions of the game sheet. Maybe they were going to call two penalty shots. Can you get two in a row? :laugh:

So if Nyquist doesn't convert, I wonder if the Jackets would have had a power play, too. Unlikely but if there were two penalties on the play then it would seem like the way to go.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
And if he didn’t we lose. Having a bad year and his +\- reflects that. Yeah yeah yeah it doesn’t matter it’s a worthless stat wellJenner is usually towards the top in +\- but this year he is dead last.

he’s not a guy I want out there in overtime, but hey we won.

I didn't like it at first, but on second thought, it's either 1) lose the faceoff -> defend for a minute, in which case Jenner is good out there, or 2) win the faceoff -> get off the ice, which is what happened.

I remember Jenner having some useless stretches, seemingly every year the last few years, though last year was more consistent (hard to judge because Anderson carried the line). He'd have more minuses than points, looked slow as heck, but then go on a tear at the end of the year and end up in the plus column. He's also a guy that seems inconsistent in his legs. He was flying in the first two games. He was barely hanging on to the Leafs skaters last night.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

One thing you have to consider is who they've played. This includes facing Tampa (twice), Buffalo, Carolina, Nashville, Islanders, and Colorado. Almost all of those games their defense has been a train wreck, and these teams could have had 4 or 5 goals in the first period.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
So if Nyquist doesn't convert, I wonder if the Jackets would have had a power play, too. Unlikely but if there were two penalties on the play then it would seem like the way to go.

I still haven't found any discussion of this anywhere, but it's remarkable.

They definitely awarded a penalty shot for the hook on the breakaway. Leafs fans are saying it should only have been a two minute penalty, because Nyquist got a shot off, but it has to be a real scoring opportunity and the ref I think can judge that Nyquist didn't get a real chance there.

And they cited Marner for gloving the puck in the crease, an automatic penalty shot.

So it seems like two penalty shots?! If Nyquist doesn't score, they get another one?! Has that ever happened?

But it's weird because they had the two penalty shot citations on separate game sheets. Do two officials submit sheets? Does one replace the other? Did they change their mind about the second penalty shot call?

Reactions: db2011 and Lumbus

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
One thing you have to consider is who they've played. This includes facing Tampa (twice), Buffalo, Carolina, Nashville, Islanders, and Colorado. Almost all of those games their defense has been a train wreck, and these teams could have had 4 or 5 goals in the first period.

Absolutely , and here we are , Bob has a .87 save % and a 4.07gaa. Puts into perspective how good Korpi has been , at 9 mill less per season:popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad