Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Canadiens beat Canucks /s

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Edmonton and Vancouver can't defend but they have serious offensive power...

You could make a case that they are part of offensive powers in the entire league...

Canucks were 10th last year and Oilers 11th in goals for scored.

Oilers with the best PP in the league and Canucks 4th...

I understand the idea to be cautiously optimistic but I feel like it's starting to go the other way...

What way? Lol..
We haven't even faced Winnipeg yet and only once versus Toronto. Again, we're all very happy seeing the Habs rack up the wins, play well, lead the league in scoring and have a PK that's more offensively dangerous than other team's PP. It's awesome seeing all the players clicking and doing well.
But it's a fact that we just played 9 games, versus 4 teams, and that this season is unlike any other.

I'm not looking beyond this season for now, so far so good. But I'm gonna wait until we faced better teams a few times before getting too excited.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I’m sure once the habs don’t light it up these will be criticism without your disclaimers.

They don't have to light up better teams, I don't expect the Habs to keep scoring at a 4-5 goal clip, something that hasn't happened since the Penguins did it in 95, but I do hope they'll play well.
And yes of course it will be a talking point if the Habs don't perform well versus Toronto and Winnipeg. Why wouldn't it be??

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
why would you take Perry off the PP. He's a beast in front of the net, super smart and great hands. He's what's been missing in the perimeter.
Would like to see Anderson that's all....there are a ton of options....Perry, Tatar, Gallagher, etc could all come or go on the PP.......not like we are clipping at 40%
Perry has been good though......can he sustain this all year? Would be nice.

Reactions: azcanuck

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Not the best game for KK and Romanov, but that happens when you're young. KK tried to force a lot of passes and made some bad decisions. He also fumbles the puck a lot.

Today is another day. Look for both to rebound tonight.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I assumed it was his backup mask. It looked a generic design a goalie would use during practice.

It along with the pads look a lot like Roy's circa early 90's even has the blue wire cage bit.View media item 8393
patrick-roy-autographed-montreal-canadiens-8-x-10-photo-6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad