Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Canadiens beat Canucks /s

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Why would the Anderson contract be an issue? He’s 26
I just don’t see him being able to keep it up for 7years, if he slow down or breakdown because the physically, he won’t be has effective and also there are very little long term deal that have work out. Maybe is peak year will make the deal worth it but regardless those last years especially in the cap era will like likely be a issue.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Habs on the PK : 5.46 GF/60
Habs at 5v5 : 3.42 GF/60
tenor.gif

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I just don’t see him being able to keep it up for 7years, if he slow down or breakdown because the physically, he won’t be has effective and also there are very little long term deal that have work out. Maybe is peak year will make the deal worth it but regardless those last years especially in the cap era will like likely be a issue.
He will be 32 when his contract ends... Not that much of a risk even if he slows down when he hits 30.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Edmunson does what Alzner was supposed to do.

A stay at home d-man reliable enough to be paired with Petry.

He's doing his job, imo.

Edmundson looked bad in his first two games. Hes been pretty quiet since and that's the way it ought to be (outside of a few noisy hits).

If he's noticeable, it's probably not good news

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Love Toffoli. What a pickup. Its not just the offence but he has such good stickwork defensively too.

Drouin's nickname must be Killer cause he kills every single offensive play. Bad decisions, poor passing, giveaways, offsides. So frustrating. He is implicated but makes bad decisions.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

It's 5.5 dude, holy shit relax,I feel like it's October again and people were freaking out about it

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Because every geniuses on the main board were saying so!! Guys like him are such a rare commodity in this league, i can’t believe people we’re thinking that it was a bad contract!!

Habs had no leverage -- it was that contract and its length or no deal. The contract may or may not age well but if we get 4-5 good years out of it, we'll have done great. Plus, by the time we get deeper into the deal, the cap should increase again. I think he's a great addition and certainly brings elements that were lacking on this team in the top 6.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've been hard on Drouin in the past and still wish we had Sergachev instead, but he is having a good season so far, I think. Working hard, making plays and really contributing to the Suzuki line's success. I hope he keeps it going.

We've seen good starts from Drouin before. Since he hasn't sustained the same level of performance beyond his early starts, I'd rather not read too much into how he's doing in the now. Hoping it continues, though.

Reactions: jaffy27 and 417

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I've been hard on Drouin in the past and still wish we had Sergachev instead, but he is having a good season so far, I think. Working hard, making plays and really contributing to the Suzuki line's success. I hope he keeps it going.

This makes me think about how hard I've been on Gallagher but he's been decent lately AND 4 goals already, ...his line mates really need to pick it up tho, or switch it all up finally christ

I liked Gallys fire vs calgary Saturday too, showed me something at least

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Weird that Anderson doesn't get a look on either PP unit. Big man like him with good hands would be a weapon parked right in front of the goalie. Just a thought.

When they asked Anderson about that, he said that he was OK with the idea of Perry being in that role -- I think he called him a legend, lol.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
This makes me think about how hard I've been on Gallagher but he's been decent lately AND 4 goals already, ...his line mates really need to pick it up tho, or switch it all up finally christ

Ya, Gally is all heart. I'm not to sure about that new contract though. 6.25 million and most of it will be on the wrong side of 30 years of age. It seems like Bergevin payed him for being a warrior but his best warrior days are behind him.

Reactions: Runner77

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
When they asked Anderson about that, he said that he was OK with the idea of Perry being in that role -- I think he called him a legend, lol.
Ohh, Nice. Had not heard that. Team player. The PP is where all players want to be. I'm sure he will find his way back to it eventually.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ya, Gally is all heart. I'm not to sure about that new contract though. 6.25 million and most of it will be on the wrong side of 30 years of age. It seems like Bergevin payed him for being a warrior but his best warrior days are behind him.

For sure, Bergevin also paid for past services rendered with that deal. Bergevin was crying when asked about Gallagher last year -- it was then pretty clear that he was going to sign the player.

Reactions: jaffy27 and RJJ

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec

Gally’s game 5 vs Philly was the best game he’s ever played I believe.

I know he can’t play with that intensity all the time given his size and the abuse he takes but man what a difference maker he is when he plays his brand of hockey.

Reactions: jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad