GDT: Game #9 - Avs @ Penguins 5:30PM MST | TSN2, RDS2, NBCSN

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great job by Giguere.

Hopefully Avs start playing in the second period.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's a good question, and I'm afraid I don't have an answer really. Stastny doesn't have the trade value to bring one in by himself (and I struggle to say even if we paired a high draft pick).

But O'Reilly has shown that he belongs on this team and has earned his next contract, again that's my opinion, but I believe that Ryan O'Reilly will be a pivotal point of our team going forward.

That's why I you get an oldie to fill the post until Bigras is ready.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Giggy is playing well, but the team is blocking 2/3 the shots the Pens take and the defense are doing a really got job boxing out the passing in the crease. Pens really aren't getting many chances in close.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
So lucky to be tied coming out of that period.

Two of those penalties were soft as hell though.

Hope Roy gets them fired up before the second, that was pretty unacceptable

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Refs earning their pay tonight. Three soft penalties on the avs along with refusing to call the pens for diving(guess the league doesnt think its a problem like everyone knows it is), a missed icing and a missed offside. Thank god the avs killed off all these 6 on 4s.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The only positive that period was Giggy. Everything else was godawful, they need to stop scrambling around so much, this is a classic Sacco-era game we're watching here.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Can't believe that the score is still 0-0 after 20 minutes . We survived 4 PP against the firepower of the Pens . Giguère and our PK kept us in the period, that's for sure .

oh and that penality on Downie was .... questionnable

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Thank you Giggy...coming out of that 0-0 after putting the Pens on the PP 4 times is a miracle. Now cut out the penalties and get some pucks on net

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010

Just like how people expected Barrie, Elliott and Gaunce to solidify our top 4 a couple years ago? I like Bigras, but I hate putting too much stock in prospects.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada

Until Bigras is ready? You're assuming Bigras is gonna come in and be a 2nd or 3rd dman one day? We thought Johnson would be a clear number one, one of Barrie/Elliott would be a top 4, and Siemens would be dominating the AHL but none of that has happened.

Can't put that much faith in prospects when you have so little in terms of good defence, I'd move O'Reilly right away for a D if I can extend Stastny.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Total domination, can't believe they came out of that period tied, and killed four Penguin penalties in a row.

Big shocker Downie continues to get screwed by referees. Guessing they all still hold a grudge from that slash to the ref in junior.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00