GDT: Game #9 - Avs @ Penguins 5:30PM MST | TSN2, RDS2, NBCSN

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Wilson has played poorly since he has come back from injury. Why can't we criticize the guy for his poor play? Especially when there are two guys waiting to get a shot to play.

Again, I don't agree with this assessment. Yes Wilson has had some rough patches, but he's also had some good moments on offense and he brings a physical edge that no one else on our defense does.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Again, I don't agree with this assessment. Yes Wilson has had some rough patches, but he's also had some good moments on offense and he brings a physical edge that no one else on our defense does.

Yeah Johnson has been a complete wimp with Sarich and Hejda.
Such soft defensmen.

Wilson has been softer than all those 3, and even softer than Guenin.

In the condition Wilson is now he is our 5th most physical D.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Yeah Johnson has been a complete wimp with Sarich and Hejda.
Such soft defensmen.

Wilson has been softer than all those 3, and even softer than Guenin.

In the condition Wilson is now he is our 5th most physical D.

Finishing your checks and what Wilson does are completely different things

I never said they were soft, but thanks for putting words in my mouth

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This is what I want. Downie has been flubbing way too many passes of late. PAP and ROR can fight for loose pucks. Adding Downie to Landos line will make Lando shoot more. Tanguay setting up Ginner and Mack sounds perfect. Make it happen St. Patrick

I'm thinking Downie might be playing a bit banged up. He's looked way different his last few games compared to his first couple. He's not handling the puck all that well, and making some mistakes with the puck which he normally doesn't do. He usually makes pretty smart plays with the puck. Not quite as bad as when he got hurt after they traded for him, but it reminds me a bit of that. Just a hunch.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I'm thinking Downie might be playing a bit banged up. He's looked way different his last few games compared to his first couple. He's not handling the puck all that well, and making some mistakes with the puck which he normally doesn't do. He usually makes pretty smart plays with the puck. Not quite as bad as when he got hurt after they traded for him, but it reminds me a bit of that. Just a hunch.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. He needs to tune down fighting, but I guess he's Downie. He can't handle himself. :laugh: Anyway, he's been kinda bad lately.

At this point of season, what's the point playing injured though? They should let Downie rest, If he's not 100% and It's effecting him bad way. Let Johnny Malkin take care of his place.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
It wouldn't surprise me at all. He needs to tune down fighting, but I guess he's Downie. He can't handle himself. :laugh: Anyway, he's been kinda bad lately.

At this point of season, what's the point playing injured though? They should let Downie rest, If he's not 100% and It's effecting him bad way. Let Johnny Malkin take care of his place.

Ugh no. Bring up Sgarbossa or something then. Leave Mitchell where he is.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

I like the idea of switching Downie and Parenteau. :nod:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

If he is banged up, it depends on what kind of injury it is. It's hard to take a guy like Downie out of the lineup though. He's a warrior, he'll go through a wall for his team. This is the same guy that played the last 14 games of the year in 2012 for the Avs with a separated shoulder.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If he is banged up, it depends on what kind of injury it is. It's hard to take a guy like Downie out of the lineup though. He's a warrior, he'll go through a wall for his team. This is the same guy that played the last 14 games of the year in 2012 for the Avs with a separated shoulder.

Sure, but we should be thinking long-term, not short-term. We need him for the whole season, not only first 30 games.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I think Downie will play through the pain caused by his style of play. That's the kind of guy he is. If you guys think he'll willingly rest for injuries, you're bonkers. The guy was raring to play all last year from the ACL. Pretty sure he'd play with a broken jaw if the trainers let him on the ice.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I would have no problems with Downie and PAP swapping places but would be a bit upset about Downie being just benched. Downie bring so much swagger and guts to the team his absence will be felt almost immediately.

Also, his passing is incredible...if he is indeed hurt, he might not be able to finish in tight spots when wrecking havoc around the net but his passing could still be a benefit to a kid like Nate. He did very well with Stamkos and could provide grit and feeds to MacKinnon too. I view Downie as a bulldog...he just plows through everything (defenders, pucks, refs and pain until his body can't continue) and think at times that Duchene needs a more cerebral player like PAP to set him up when he doesn't have the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad