JYYqkYu.gif

yLBSQ02.jpg
RxKDniR.jpg

iLrFYVC.jpg
XjOegtU.jpg

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The team has been disciplined and not taken a lot of penalties, especially the bottom six and defenders. I hope some of the skill guys (Landeskog, Stastny, Tanguay) watch so they don't take stick penalties. Drives me nuts.

Downie has taken quite a few penalties but he also draws some of them. Sometimes you just have to release the gimp.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Beautiful GDT!

I feel the same way I did when we played Boston. I was thinking about how good the bruins were and we were going to get killed but then when the lineups were posted in the GDT I realized our forward group was a lot better. If our D played their best (which is still average d) we could win the game.

Same thing today. Crosby and Malkin are awesome. They will be dangerous every time they get on the ice but outside of that they aren't very scary. I hope we come away with a win.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Without Neal, Penguins don't have all that much offensive depth. We used to cringe when Kobasew was on a scoring line and Avs sucked back then.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Jeez I've watched that gif 40 times now. Duchene is too good. Great GDT

It's ridiculous that Crosby and Malkin put up such gaudy numbers with the linemates he's had. Dupuis and Kunitz aren't chumps but I'd take every one of our top 9 over them.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Chuck Kobasew - from one Malkin's wing to another. I bet he barely notices a difference.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Jeez I've watched that gif 40 times now. Duchene is too good. Great GDT

It's ridiculous that Crosby and Malkin put up such gaudy numbers with the linemates he's had. Dupuis and Kunitz aren't chumps but I'd take every one of our top 9 over them.

Kunitz is a legit scoring line winger. Ignoring age, I'd take him over McGinn, Downie and Tanguay

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
If Kunitz makes Team Canada, oh boy... Rob Zamuner is going to call him up to congratulate him and celebrate. Scam artists.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I was not feeling great about this game...then I saw the GDT and thought maybe...just maybe we can win this. Seriously, GREAT JOB TPEDERSEN! It looks great

I would love to see Mack start to progress a bit on the defensive side of the game. We all know he has been suspect, hes 18, its expecting a lot. At the same time...just a little bit of progressions would be nice in that area.

PS listening to Daters podcast with Duchene. Dater is such an idiot. It hurts my head. With that said Duchene talks about playing with broken bones in his ankle O_O I think during his down year. If you can get past Dater, Duchene is a great interview. At on point Dater tells Matt something about a game when he was scratched and Dutchy puts an end to that quickly saying, "Yeah I've never been scratched" Its an awkward moment lol
Love the kid to death. Hes just awesome.

WITH THAT...Im going to go take a final. Heres hoping for a WIN!

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Crosby needs to be shut down if we want any chance at winning. No taking dumb penalties either.

They have a pretty brutal bottom-6, if our 3rd lines get matched up all night, I could see MacK and PAP getting a couple points.

Fleury needs to be classic Fleury and let in some questionable goals.

Hopefully Kobasew drags down Malkin's line and they can pounce on Jokinen's soft play to neutralize that line.

Finally, Giggy needs to be in Boston form tonight as well.

Lots of things need to go right for this to be a win, I don't really see that happening so I at least hope they don't get blown out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad