GDT: Game 9: Avs at Flyers | 5 PM MT | October 22, 2018 | When East Meets West...

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Considering how Kamenev has looked compared to Bourque and Nieto, it's a pretty dumb decision. Bednar certainly has his weak spot for low skilled grinder types.

Although that's not really uncommon compared to other coaches either.

Reactions: S3rkie

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’m still upset that they’re still forcing this Jost at C thing when it’s very clearly not working that well. Sure he’s been good defensively, but he’s been horrible on the offensive side of things.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Kamenev looks like two different players when on the wing vs down the middle, so if they're rolling MacKinnon/Kerfoot/Soderberg/Jost down the middle, I can see why he's scratched.

Kerfoot put up 43 points last season and was primarily at centre IIRC. I like Kamenev a lot, but based on performance, Kerfoot is going to get an opportunity to shine first.

That said, I would have scratched Nieto, moved Jost to the wing and kept Kamenev in the lineup.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I really thought Jost was going to take a big step forward offensively this season, but so far it hasn't come close to happening. He isn't working there, move him to wing.

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Sven-Kerfoot-Wilson
Jost-Soderberg-Calvert
Dano-Kamenev-Nieto/Bourque

There, instantly better.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Kamenev looks like two different players when on the wing vs down the middle, so if they're rolling MacKinnon/Kerfoot/Soderberg/Jost down the middle, I can see why he's scratched.

Kerfoot put up 43 points last season and was primarily at centre IIRC. I like Kamenev a lot, but based on performance, Kerfoot is going to get an opportunity to shine first.

That said, I would have scratched Nieto, moved Jost to the wing and kept Kamenev in the lineup.

I’d prefer to see something like this:
Top line
Ghetto-Kerfoot-Wilson
Jost-Soda-Dano
Calvert-Kam-Bork

Really think that’d be a a great 3rd line and give Soda some skill to work with.

Reactions: OMackDuch

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Kam doesn't seem like an effective bottom line winger who's job it is to skate into the zone hard and forecheck...

Surprised he can't stay in the lineup as #4 C though.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I was reading that the Flyboys fixed their defensive pairings a little by splitting up Ghost and Prov, so tonight it'll probably be Prov/Hagg, Ghost/Folin, Sanheim/Gudas.

I'm setting the over/under for picks set by Hak's Heroes in the offensive zone at 3.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I was reading that the Flyboys fixed their defensive pairings a little by splitting up Ghost and Prov, so tonight it'll probably be Prov/Hagg, Ghost/Folin, Sanheim/Gudas.

I'm setting the over/under for picks set by Hak's Heroes in the offensive zone at 3.
Yeah, I saw that but I went with what the Flyers board had up. Good chance they go with those though.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, I saw that but I went with what the Flyers board had up. Good chance they go with those though.

That's fine, no biggie.

I'm not thrilled with Bednar's decision to scratch Kamenev but I suppose it's because he wants the physical guy in there against Philly. So long as it's just for a short period and not an ongoing thing I suppose that's okay...for now.

Apparently Hak's doing something similar with Vorobyev (the guy who scored that ridiculous goal when Barbs ran over Varly) but it's been for three games now.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Kamenev being scratched is completely unacceptable.. i hope this is temporary and theres a rotation of players being switched.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Nice, so they will have a pylon on each pairing. We should go after the ghost-folin pairing as much as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad