GDT: Game 9: Avs at Flyers | 5 PM MT | October 22, 2018 | When East Meets West...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Soderberg is far and away the second best centre on the team and he has to play with Matt Nieto and Matt Calvert. Can he not see how unfair that is?

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I’m not sure about the Kamenev scratch, but he did look like he was chasing the play a little bit when I was watching him in Carolina. I would've kept him playing, but after watching Bednar with Z last year, maybe he’s the Russian whisperer?

TatteredTornNFrayed

ocelot spleens, ...
Jan 15, 2008
but after watching Bednar with Z last year, maybe he’s the Russian whisperer?

I worry Bednar may actually believe this himself, and could be trying to get cute pushing guys' buttons, rather than playing the guys based purely on talent, fit and effort .

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I worry Bednar may actually believe this himself, and could be trying to get cute pushing guys' buttons, rather than playing the guys based purely on talent, fit and effort .

I honestly wouldn’t worry about that.

Bednar is a modern coach; transparent with his players, clear in his expectations, and everybody is equally accountable.

He doesn’t seem like the type of Pat Quinn dinosaur coach trying to screw with players’ heads.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I'd prefer Kam in over Gork and/or Nieto, but I guess they have a longer leash because of last season. When JT gets back that last roster spot will be heavily contested, but I'd still put my money on Kam and Dano being the regulars.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com

I think you're reading waaaaaay too much into this, especially since I'm pretty sure the post you quoted was meant a bit in jest. Bednar has proven thus far he DOES play guys based on merit, the only real sources of frustration right now are Nieto and Bourque. I don't like the choices he's making in the lineup right now but it's just one game, let's just see how it goes. He was very, very complimentary of Kam earlier, and even I'll admit the last game wasn't exactly his best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->